Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Couple of coding questions

License owner

Default Couple of coding questions

I'm currently in the process of customizing my website. I have a couple of questions.

Question 1
    Where would be the best place to put Google Analytics code?

Question 2
    I want to use Facebook for people to be able to like and comment on wallpapers instead of the built-in comments function. I don't want to use the register and user submission functions.

This means there has to be two snippets of Facebook code on the page. One in the same place as where the Google Analytics code is. And I would have to replace the current code with Facebook code in the wallpaper.comments.inc.php. Is this right?

Question 3
    Where can I edit and add resolutions that are available for the wallpaper downloads?

Thank you, I really enjoy working with this script so far. Can't wait to finish my website and open it up to the public!

AV Scripts Founder

1. In your template's pages/footer.php file. Put before or after the </body> tag depending on where it's supposed to go

2. All sounds correct

3. In includes/wallpaper/resolutions.inc.php hopefully in that file it's quite clear how to add extra resolutions.

License owner

Thank you! I'll report back on how it all went.

License owner

I replaced the original code with the Facebook code in the wallpaper.comments.inc.php file, but the original comments box still shows up. I'm kinda confused now, lol.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This is what the file looks like now.
    Code:
    <div id="comments">

<center><div class="fb-comments" data-href="http://www.wallpaperbunker.com" data-num-posts="10" data-width="470"></div></center>

</div>
    Last edited by Dickstar; 04-20-2012 at 02:22 PM.

License owner

Anyone knows?

License owner

I need a link to your site to find the snippet you want to remove bro.

License owner

Nevermind, I figured it out. I had to remove

Code:
    <?php include (  './includes/forms/add_comment_form.php'  ); // Include comment form ?>
    in the in my templates\*template*\pages\wallpaper.php file.

License owner

I just noticed a problem with the Facebook comments. If someone leaves a comment on one wallpaper, it shows up under every one of them. Every wallpaper shows the same comment thread instead of every wallpaper getting a unique one. How do I fix this?

License owner

I figured it out. I needed to make the script ask for the current URL instead of one standard one.

It's now
    Code:
    <?PHP    
    $url = $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'] . $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'];
    echo "<div class='fb-comments' data-href='$url' data-num-posts='10' data-width='470'></div>";
    ?>
    Instead of

Code:
    <div class="fb-comments" data-href="www.wallpaperbunker.com" data-num-posts="2" data-width="470"></div>
    For those who are also interested in doing this.

License owner

Post this issue in the Support thread so that Andy can see it and fix the issue in the script.

License owner

It's no an issue with the WSS script. It's custom stuff I'm doing here, so everything that goes good and bad is my fault

License owner

Great share thanks buddy....

License owner

Quote Originally Posted by abdulrehman View Post
    Great share thanks buddy....
    You're very welcome. You can check it out working at www.wallpaperbunker.com

License owner

I did, you can find on my site too, www.mobilewallpic.com

License owner

Pretty cool concept, mobile wallpapers only.

License owner

Hi Guys

The best comment system I have ever used is http://intensedebate.com/

Reasons:
    - It is Free
    - You can fully customize it to the look and feel of your site and it just looks much better than the average comment system
    - Your visitors are not limited, it works the same way as facebook comments however your visitors also have options like twitter and other social networks.

HOWEVER
    For the love of God, following all above instructions in replacing the original comment system I am still left with a huge white space between where the original comment system was and where the new one is.

I even removed below from templates\*template*\pages\wallpaper.php file. and still NOTHING! Please help

<?php include ( './includes/forms/add_comment_form.php' ); // Include comment form ?>

License owner

Quote Originally Posted by Dickstar View Post
    Pretty cool concept, mobile wallpapers only.
    Thanks Dickstar, i have one small issue, why .gif images dont work ? i tried to put some animated images but neither it animate on site nor it open after download, just show red X mark.

Please can you help me to sort this.

regards

License owner

Quote Originally Posted by Delta12 View Post
    Hi Guys

Reasons:
    - It is Free
    - You can fully customize it to the look and feel of your site and it just looks much better than the average comment system
    - Your visitors are not limited, it works the same way as facebook comments however your visitors also have options like twitter and other social networks.

HOWEVER
    For the love of God, following all above instructions in replacing the original comment system I am still left with a huge white space between where the original comment system was and where the new one is.

I even removed below from templates\*template*\pages\wallpaper.php file. and still NOTHING! Please help

<?php include ( './includes/forms/add_comment_form.php' ); // Include comment form ?>
    Anyone at all?

License owner

Anyone at all?
    You must still have the outer div in place or you need to make adjustments in the stylesheet if your still using the div. Try that first. Im gonna guess you still have something of the original div in place so it still using those dimensions laid out in the styles.

License owner

Hi Guys

Reasons:
    - It is Free

HOWEVER

Thanks for the tip! I'm going to check that script out.