Thread: AV Arcade Pro 5.4 released

License owner

LOL
    feed , edit is back to work again

License owner

Quote Originally Posted by scopefragger View Post
    What SEO mode Are you guys using, intrest more than anything

Im using the %.4 Localy with 0 of the problems mentiond above X___x
    seems that the only problem now is that the games aren't random sorting on the index page (and RSS feed is messed up since 5.3.x)

License owner

For what ever Reason the $order = "rand()"; Isnt working

quick Fix

Find Line 14 : includes/homepage/Cat_Games.inc.php

chnge from
    $category_games = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM ava_games WHERE category_id=".$row['id']." AND published=1 ORDER BY $order LIMIT ".$template['homepage_game_limit']."");

to

$category_games = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM ava_games WHERE category_id=".$row['id']." AND published=1 ORDER BY rand() LIMIT ".$template['homepage_game_limit']."");
    Last edited by scopefragger; 06-07-2011 at 07:28 PM.
    Boredom Busing Games
    Our Games Feed !
    Did my post help ? All of my projects are funded by donations, why not help out ! [donate]

License owner

I've done what the Readme file says but my admin panel still says im running 5.3.3 :/

License owner

@robbieb PLease connect your Licence To your Fourm Account
    Boredom Busing Games
    Our Games Feed !
    Did my post help ? All of my projects are funded by donations, why not help out ! [donate]

License owner

Quote Originally Posted by scopefragger View Post
    @robbieb PLease connect your Licence To your Fourm Account
    How would i do this?

License owner

hahaha xD Had to go find the link myself

http://www.forum.avscripts.net/license-link/

( wasn't being funny , just a few people wont / Cant help unless they see your a pro user not a free user.)
    Boredom Busing Games
    Our Games Feed !

License owner

Done Thank you, i've followed the readme file and it still says im running 5.3.3, i've cleared my cache aswell

License owner

I updated a test site of mine from 5.3 to 5.4 just to see what would happen since there seemed to be some trouble with this new version. And sure enough I had some of the same problems with the page not found for anything off the homepage. Everything got fixed right up though when I changed the SEO URL's back to just regular PHP url's. ( It has seem to be a fix for this problem in the past so I tried it again )
    Since I use HostGator I know for a fact that they support mod-rewrite so Im not quite sure why for some arcades Ive had to run with the SEO off and some run just fine with it on. Some want legacy url's and some dont mind new ones. Must be friggin' ghosts in the machine lmao.
    Anyway just thought I would let you know that till Andy finds a fix for the problem you can get things running by changing the SEO thinggy.
    Last edited by Bad Wolf; 06-07-2011 at 10:00 PM.

License owner

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Wolf View Post
    I updated a test site of mine from 5.3 to 5.4 just to see what would happen since there seemed to be some trouble with this new version. And sure enough I had some of the same problems with the page not found for anything off the homepage. Everything got fixed right up though when I changed the SEO URL's back to just regular PHP url's. ( It has seem to be a fix for this problem in the past so I tried it again )
    Since I use HostGator I know for a fact that they support mod-rewrite so Im not quite sure why for some arcades Ive had to run with the SEO off and some run just fine with it on. Some want legacy url's and some dont mind new ones. Must be friggin' ghosts in the machine lmao.
    Anyway just thought I would let you know that till Andy finds a fix for the problem you can get things running by changing the SEO thinggy.
    Same here, we eventualy got the new SEO URL's working... , fluke maby.

We just requested the APCHI config and PHP config from our host, where going to doa full local test before we update, weve made ALOT of changes to 5'4 already X___X *hopes andy dosent make any big changes or were in trouble*
    Boredom Busing Games
    Our Games Feed !

License owner

really good update as always
    Thanks
    We Are Where The Fun Starts :: Morleys Gamez World ::

Hey, i'm just joined AVscript today

The update seem nice, downloaded it and installed it, but like many tohers, i'm getting errors with feeds :

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/arcadeb1/public_html/admin/includes/mochi_ajax.php on line 35
    Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/arcadeb1/public_html/admin/feeds/kongregate/kongregate_ajax.php on line 49
    Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/arcadeb1/public_html/admin/feeds/playtomic/playtomic_ajax.php on line 36

And btw, could anyone told me how do we know when a patch will be release, and were to download it? I mean, is there a section where we can see all this, or not?

License owner

Quote Originally Posted by sanchex View Post
    And btw, could anyone told me how do we know when a patch will be release, and were to download it? I mean, is there a section where we can see all this, or not?
    when u loggin on the admin panel from ur website there is a feed that have news from new releases and they can be downloaded from tha same link stated at the first post.

License owner

Actually everything looks fine in the backend in Firefox, nothing shows up in chrome when you go to games or feeds.

License owner

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic View Post
    Hi,

Will you give us (may be it is already in the zip? ) a tutorial to redirect 301 old urls to new ones ?

Thx
    ya i want to know this too
    Free Online Arcade Games
    We're looking for LINKEXCHANGE!!!
    Feel free to add your Link HERE!!!

License owner

Edit: Mochi feed is working for me as is Playtomic. Kongregate and FGD not showing anything up at the moment. Main games list in admin is also working now. I'm sure these are small issues that won't take long to iron out so I'm not panicking... thanks to Harvest mod, I can still add games without problems.

Further edit: Checked in Firefox and all are working there... I prefer Chrome though so would be great if we can get it working OK there, too.
    Last edited by gamergrl; 06-08-2011 at 09:13 AM.

License owner

Yes i tried installing again cause i got an error the first time

License owner

Quote Originally Posted by livcigar View Post
    Actually everything looks fine in the backend in Firefox, nothing shows up in chrome when you go to games or feeds.
    What chrom version ?
    Mine seems fine

click : chrome://about/

Google Chrome 11.0.696.77 (Official Build 87952)
    WebKit 534.24 (branches/chromium/696@86868)
    V8 3.1.8.16
    User Agent Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/534.24 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/11.0.696.77 Safari/534.24
    Command Line "C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Applica tion\chrome.exe" --flag-switches-begin --flag-switches-end
    Boredom Busing Games
    Our Games Feed !

AV Scripts Founder

For front end SEO URL's not working, please go here to help me fix this:

http://www.forum.avscripts.net/showthread.php?p=50887

For people who have blank pages in the admin panel, please go here:

http://www.forum.avscripts.net/showthread.php?t=8058

And I hope you will all be on board to beta test next time!