Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Final demo online!

AV Scripts Founder

Does anyone have any suggestions on what else AV Arcade points could be awarded for?
    Wherever possible, please use the forum to ask for support rather than sending me a PM
    I help where I can with code changes/modification but overall: if the script doesn't do something you want it to do, please suggest it for a future update.

License owner

Would it be possible if you could change into XP and they can count towards levels?

If it was levels, then you can add an avatar at level x, at x level, you can post comments, at x and a leader board on the highest level,

License owner

Did you toss out the ajax search engine? Because I was really looking forward to that in AV5.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerbite View Post
    Did you toss out the ajax search engine? Because I was really looking forward to that in AV5.
    That reminds me. Andy, it would be great if you could put in a search suggest like on Apple's website.

License owner

that's what his ajax search engine did. He had a demo/preview of it up a month or so ago.

http://www.forum.avscripts.net/showthread.php?t=2774

There's the post, but the link in it is dead now.

License owner

Default Got the following error clicking the news

Warning: include(includes/news/news-main.inc.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/.miryam/avarcade/prebeta.avarcadepro.com/templates/orange/news.php on line 4

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/news/news-main.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/.miryam/avarcade/prebeta.avarcadepro.com/templates/orange/news.php on line 4

License owner

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Luckily I'm my own boss so I get to do it my own 'special' way
    Always nice, except for payday

As for browser testing, I use a mac which slightly complicates things but the modern browsers overall displays things almost the same with ever so slight differences. Then I go and stab my eyes when I see it in IE6.
    It's not just Macs that have the bleeding eye syndrome in IE6.... I think Microsoft made it a terrible browser to stop us using web software

About 80% of my time is taken up with fixing stuff in IE to keep 10% of my users happy. So I have now given up.

Let's hope Windows 7 will force the big companies to update to IE7/8 as the sad excuse for an OS (Vista) was never adopted by the commercial sector... Then again, a lot of businesses still use Win98 -_-

Does anyone have any suggestions on what else AV Arcade points could be awarded for?
    Game plays
    Comments
    Ratings
    Visiting friends sites (maybe not, depending on their TOS... Incentive to click is, almost always, against TOS)
    Reporting a broken game / bad comment
    Last edited by nowares; 10-12-2009 at 11:47 AM.
    Twitter: @mradamdavies

License owner

Can I upgrade from AV 3.1 ?

AV Scripts Founder

You will need to upgrade to v4 first.
    Wherever possible, please use the forum to ask for support rather than sending me a PM
    I help where I can with code changes/modification but overall: if the script doesn't do something you want it to do, please suggest it for a future update.

License owner

Quote Originally Posted by nowares View Post
    Game plays
    Comments
    Ratings
    I second these ones and actually toyed with adding it to my site a while ago but never got round to it.

Andy, if you dont already have it, a game should have a report game button just in case you add a game that really dosent work and you dont notice it.

AV Scripts Founder

You should now find the site is XHTML Strict valid. If you find a part that isn't let me know.

AV Scripts Founder

Players now earn 2 point for playing a game for 2 minutes.

License owner

Good idea. This should stop cheaters

Default Very nice

I like the new version and i would've bought it but i already have my own modified site with v4 and i am very satisfied with it. The new template is definitely better than the last it looks more professional and i didnt liked the old.
    What i would like to have on v5 is a random game button (you click it and come to a random game) and an all games button (i added one to my site and it is the most viewed category on my site) i didnt find any bugs or something and wanna say thank you again for this great script!

Ddraig

License owner

yeah im the same as Ddraid i wouldve bought the V5 but im doing a more sofisticated template right now on V4 and i already fixed all the bugs that were on the V4 script .. it sucks cause the new one wouldve helped me so much but o well ...
    Flash Games like you never seen before

Decay TD FlashJunkies first game try it out

Found a bug. The website worked completely fine until i opened it with internet explorer 7.0 :

With Opera and firefox it was completely fine

License owner

^ Andy Knows about it.
    >>> All of my mods are unsupported at this time. <<<

AV Scripts Founder

Everything should now display correctly in all browsers. Even lovely old IE6.

License owner

Everything should now display correctly in all browsers. Even lovely old IE6.
    Hey, I just looked at it and its nearly perfect.

I noticed on the right hand main menu that only IE8 has padding at the top and that the other prior versions of IE has none.

It also renders in IE 5.5
    >>> All of my mods are unsupported at this time. <<<