Thread: Question about AVCMS

License owner

Default Question about AVCMS

First, sorry I had to post here, I tried to post in "pre-sale questions" but there was no create new thread button so I couldn't start a topic in the right place!

I have had av-arcade 5.8 until I had to close my site down due to lack of money etc. I have finally got a new webserver I can afford and restoring the website (I have to redownload over 1000 games as all content was lost except the default game pack. Took me ages to find the templates I had set last time in an email to even get into the website! but its on now (minus the missing content)

anyway once it is back fully functional, im hoping to upgrade to avcms full (as it seems to have more entertainment then purely games. Here are my questions:

1 - Do we still have a members list and profiles? (the demo had no member list link but i could look at my own profile but the /profile was error 403

2 - Can I separate flash, html, unity games into categories, and then have the normal categories under that, - seeing flash will die in just over 2 years, I don't want to try find which were flash which weren't (Or ideally on the manage games, could we have a note if its flash or unity or html5 like it shows in the game feeds in demo

3 - the blog page, is this just for the admin to add content? can it be renamed to "news" or similar? like the news feed we have on av5

4 - Does the avarcade forums work? We used that a lot back in the day - and my site is called funchatsafe, and would like chat feature, aka forums
    4a - if no forums, is there a way to integrate one, OR intergrate chat system? like the inbox but as a popup box, but also a public chatroom?

5- I have copyright removal for 5 sites (yet only 1 license for avarcade but can only download 5.8 for some reason) - will this copyright license be compatible with AVCMS? seems a waste if not seeing i have it for 5 sites

6 - Is there much mod support anymore? I've looked around the forums here and theres a lot of deadlinks and abandoned mods that sounded like they would be good to have, there doesn't seem to be as active people compared to couple years ago, which is a little sad.

7 - any option to have other types of social media login? I dont use facebook anymore due to too much drama and death threats, but also would like people to have option to use facebook or google or twitter to log in (and can the facebook app from av5 be used over to av6 without trying to do a lot of messing about?

8 - What php 7 modules are need for the script to work?
    (or is this info included in instructions? - my web host has hardly any of them ticked so want to ensure its set correctly)

(I think thats it for now)

Quick Question for now in meantime (if anyone knows) before I buy (can I make anyone a mod in 5.8? I don;t want them to have full admin but want them to help with site? if not they will just have to wait a while until I upgrade to av6 (via the full package), as I spotted moderator in the users section.

Sorry for the long post of questions I did try put it in pre-sales but there wasn't option to create thread there for me. Hope you understand and I look forward to seeing if its worth the upgrade as I see no way to upgrade from av5 in the customer area - and will the game pack etc import ok and move over, as they seem to have gone from the customer download area

EDIT: also what happened to epicgameads? I can't retrieve my lost password as they wont reply and no emails from them since 2014 yet their website date says 2017?

Any way to recover mods from avmods?
    Last edited by thewolfydragon; 10-01-2017 at 03:43 PM. Reason: added info
    Visit my Arcade when you get the chance: Fun Chat Games and feel free to criticise anything to help me improve!

Want to link exchange? Click here to add your link to my site - I will then add yours in exchange and gain you traffic
    Or how about getting paid $6 for every 1000 visitors to your arcade? Click here to sign up with epicgameads

License owner

get lost with your pathetic spam thomas. - we need ability to report spam posters. seen a lot of these on here. This forum is so quiet these days.
    Visit my Arcade when you get the chance: Fun Chat Games and feel free to criticise anything to help me improve!

Want to link exchange? Click here to add your link to my site - I will then add yours in exchange and gain you traffic
    Or how about getting paid $6 for every 1000 visitors to your arcade? Click here to sign up with epicgameads

License owner

is there no support anymore? all the latest forum posts are just getting these stupid spam replies instead.

AV Scripts Founder

Hi, sorry for the delay.

1 - Do we still have a members list and profiles? (the demo had no member list link but i could look at my own profile but the /profile was error 403

Yeah they're still there!

2 - Can I separate flash, html, unity games into categories, and then have the normal categories under that, - seeing flash will die in just over 2 years, I don't want to try find which were flash which weren't (Or ideally on the manage games, could we have a note if its flash or unity or html5 like it shows in the game feeds in demo

There's no sorting to only show flash games, but a simple query on the database could be run to remove all of them from your site. I can provide that.

3 - the blog page, is this just for the admin to add content? can it be renamed to "news" or similar? like the news feed we have on av5

Yeah it's the same as the news page. You could create a custom translation on translations.avcms.net to replace 'blog' with 'news'

4 - Does the avarcade forums work? We used that a lot back in the day - and my site is called funchatsafe, and would like chat feature, aka forums
    4a - if no forums, is there a way to integrate one, OR intergrate chat system? like the inbox but as a popup box, but also a public chatroom?

Sorry, no forums in this version. Modifications are always possible but I'm afraid I am unable to provide support for modifiying the script.

5- I have copyright removal for 5 sites (yet only 1 license for avarcade but can only download 5.8 for some reason) - will this copyright license be compatible with AVCMS? seems a waste if not seeing i have it for 5 sites

Yes, you can use your current copyright removal

6 - Is there much mod support anymore? I've looked around the forums here and theres a lot of deadlinks and abandoned mods that sounded like they would be good to have, there doesn't seem to be as active people compared to couple years ago, which is a little sad.

No, I think it's fairly quiet to be honest. The world has moved on!

7 - any option to have other types of social media login? I dont use facebook anymore due to too much drama and death threats, but also would like people to have option to use facebook or google or twitter to log in (and can the facebook app from av5 be used over to av6 without trying to do a lot of messing about?

I'm afraid it only supports Facebook connect

8 - What php 7 modules are need for the script to work?
    (or is this info included in instructions? - my web host has hardly any of them ticked so want to ensure its set correctly)

Normally it's just the defaults that PHP is bundled with plus:

GD Image Library or Imagick library (GD image library is installed by default with most PHP installations)
    PHP's Fileinfo Extension (normally bundled with PHP by default)
    Wherever possible, please use the forum to ask for support rather than sending me a PM
    I help where I can with code changes/modification but overall: if the script doesn't do something you want it to do, please suggest it for a future update.

License owner

Hi, thanks Andy for the update Once I fix up the site back to how it was I'll be updating to the avcms (was going to stick to just games but I think be more use if I get wallapers and other stuff with it, plus the videos can be all gaming related anyway)

Bit shame its quiet in the mod area though, I had a mod that integrated a chat feature but no idea what it was called and lost the files for it. Oh well, I will try find something. I found a paid mod to include forums, so thats something, be nice if i can integrate discord chat in the site though but I think all i can do with that is a list of who is online on discord. Still I may end up renaming the site so it doesn't have the word "chat" in, so then its more relevant (seeing we have a discord anyway, plus people use so many chatting apps now anyway)

Anyway, Thanks for you replies, sorry for the couple bumps, I was worried the support here had been abandoned as a few topics didn't have replies other then those spammers.

Also

At the moment every game i have is flash based as im on 5.8 right now, once sorted the missing files and get site working, I'll be upgrading to the full avcms (and cross fingers it works and moves over - already read the instructions somewhere how to import),

but once I populate the website to more html games than flash, I may need that sql query, but I'll be keeping flash games for now until browsers stop support next year, which hopefully I'll have enough games to replace them with anyway. (i had over 2000+ flash games, so need really to find html versions to replace with or get as many html or unity stuff so when flash goes the site can still be useful.

Shame many people think arcade gaming sites are dying along with flash, when really yes, a lot will stop working sadly, but games can be recreated in html or unity all i can do is cross fingers that people develop them

anyway thanks andy for reply Glad to be getting back into the game arcade site hobby again, and now with wallpapers and videos etc.

al, im hoping to upgrade to avcms full (as it seems to have more entertainment then purely games. Here are my questions:
    6 gadgets
    OPPO F5 price in india