Thread: Questions about AV Arcade before buying

Question Questions about AV Arcade before buying

I sent an email a few days ago but no reply so I guess i'll ask here.

My members are begging for an aracde and AV Arcade 6 looks perfect but have a few security related questions.

1, What format are hashes stored in? I'm sick of buying scripts and not being able to use them as they use outdated and compromised MD5/SHA1 hash systems.
    2, Does it allow mods/plugins to be added? If it does I would likely get an API or something made to tie back to my forum users along with an SSO system.
    3, Can I make it so it's using HTML5/Unity only? Flash is insecure these days and I try to keep my users away from insecure things.
    4, With branding free purchased would I be allowed to fully rename js/etc to remove the name? Reason for this is arcades are normally the most targeted sites by hackers and I would do stuff to make it harder to detect what script we're using. I understand this mean no support if stuff breaks.
    5, Can I disable the blog system?

Thanks for reading.
    Last edited by Damien; 02-20-2017 at 03:19 PM.

AV Scripts Founder

Hi Damien. I answered via email but I'll also put the answers here incase anyone else would like to know.

1. The script uses bcrypt hashing with a salt
    2. There is support for adding extra functionality but there isn’t an easy way to unify the logins with your existing forum I’m afraid. Depending on your level of expertise, you may be able to make it but it’ll probably require a fair bit of work.
    3. If you don’t add any flash games then flash won’t be used
    4. Yes you can modify any file as you desire, we don’t encrypt any of the files.

Best wishes,
    Andy
    Wherever possible, please use the forum to ask for support rather than sending me a PM
    I help where I can with code changes/modification but overall: if the script doesn't do something you want it to do, please suggest it for a future update.

Thanks Andy, Just bought it not sure how to get Customer status.

I tried importing the HTML5 feed but noticed the feeds are importing flash/swf content also. Sigh, Understand you don't control the feeds but they need to do something about it. I ended up with tons of dead images also as some of the sites SSL certs are invalid.

Looks like every game needs manually checking before importing. Was hoping not to face this issue but oh well. Hopefully the people making the feeds stop being idiots as it's crazy they can mixup flash over html5.

Thanks for replying to the email also Andy.

EDIT: Seems it was just one feed thankfully.

EDIT2: Forgot to ask, Is there a way to "disable" the blog from showing?

EDIT3: Nevermind found the option to disable the blog too.

Loving the script so far better then I expected.
    Last edited by Damien; 02-21-2017 at 10:12 AM.

Thanks for a good question and answer!
    I also have the same issues. Great to find it here