Thread: Games feeds etc.

Default Games feeds etc.

Hi,

In order to make sure everything the script promises to provide will work, I'd like to ask some questions:

1. How many "feed-type" sites the script offers for adding a new games?

2. What are these feed sites the script uses?

3. Are these feeds legal? If so, what kind of contract the script is involved with that it allows to "download" games to the local data base from a 3rd party feed sites?

4. After being downloaded, will the game stay forever on the server to be used, or it e.g. might connect to some remote server for some required data (i.e. is controlled by a 3rd party, and might expire)?

5. Am i able to view some parts of the source code and general files structure so that I could have an idea what am I buying and to estimate potential effort to modify the script?

Thanks.
    Last edited by forsberg; 07-28-2016 at 12:18 PM.

AV Scripts Founder

Hi,

The feeds included are listed on the product page at http://www.avscripts.net/avarcade

There's a little "Feeds Included" box on the right-hand side with links to all the providers.

I do not personally verify whether each game is legitimately uploaded to those providers but they are all reputable services. Some feeds are created by people submitting their games to the service, while others like Kongregate are games directly made by that provider.

It is possible that some games in the future could be disabled by an API going down or the author removing the game from a service. But most should download to your site and work for the foreseeable future.

As for looking at the code, I can send you the code without a license key for you to look at if you wish?

Andy
    Wherever possible, please use the forum to ask for support rather than sending me a PM
    I help where I can with code changes/modification but overall: if the script doesn't do something you want it to do, please suggest it for a future update.

I've sent you a private message. I'm looking for a strategy to develop a website, and the script might be the thing I'm looking for.

As far as I understand, the licence is being bought per server, or isn't it? So if I wanted to use it for two websites, I should have two licences - one for each?
    Last edited by forsberg; 07-30-2016 at 05:15 PM.

AV Scripts Founder

The license is per-domain name. So you need a separate license for each domain name you run the script on.

I will respond to your message now.

Andy
    Wherever possible, please use the forum to ask for support rather than sending me a PM
    I help where I can with code changes/modification but overall: if the script doesn't do something you want it to do, please suggest it for a future update.

Thank you. I just downloaded the script, and will take a look at it as soon as I find a bit of time.