Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Videos for AVCMS beta

AV Scripts Founder

Default Videos for AVCMS beta

Hi everyone,

Today I've added a beta version of the Videos bundle to the core AVCMS script. It focuses on embedding videos from other providers such as YouTube & Vimeo rather than processing video itself, so you save bandwidth and get easy access to millions of videos. You can also embed local videos as long as they are already in a web format like MP4.

The bundle has all the standard bundle features like submissions, tags, comments, like/dislike but also has a few special features for videos.

For example, to add a video all you need to do is paste the URL and AVCMS will automatically fill in the form with the title, description, duration & more. This initial beta version can automatically pull in the video details from Dailymotion, Funny Or Die, Metacafe, Vevo, Vimeo, Vine & YouTube. If you have any suggestions for other video sites, let me know.

In addition to automatically getting the video data from those sites, you can browse YouTube right from the admin panel. This allows you to quickly select and bulk-import videos from YouTube!

How to install & enable videos beta

• Download the latest version of AVCMS from the customer area. The version number has not increased from 1.0.7, but the beta videos bundle has just been added today. You must own the full version of AVCMS, not a spin-off product like AV Arcade.
    • Upgrade your site by following the normal upgrade instructions
    • Enable the Videos bundle in the "Bundles" section of the admin panel
    • Click "Regenerate Assets" from the cog icon in the admin panel

Once installed and enabled, there won't be any modules on the homepage for things like "Newest Videos", but these can be added in the admin panel Modules section.

There are likely to be a few bugs as this is a beta, but the bundle should be perfectly safe to use on a live website. Translations and full support will come when the beta has ended.

I hope everyone likes the new features. As ever, there will be a stand-alone Video script launched when the bundle is out of beta.

Andy
    Wherever possible, please use the forum to ask for support rather than sending me a PM
    I help where I can with code changes/modification but overall: if the script doesn't do something you want it to do, please suggest it for a future update.

License owner

Great job, Thanks

YouTube videos work best ever.

License owner

Embeds videos very well when adding manually. The import function isnt working for me for whatever reason, that its in beta i guess though

License owner

I have to say the import works very ut with me

License owner

Wierd, dont know why its not working for me :/

AV Scripts Founder

Do you get any error messages or anything like that? Could you send me the login details to your admin panel? It would be nice to take a look.
    Wherever possible, please use the forum to ask for support rather than sending me a PM
    I help where I can with code changes/modification but overall: if the script doesn't do something you want it to do, please suggest it for a future update.

License owner

I dont have any error messages Andy, it just doesnt do anything at all when using the import button. If you would like to register on my site (no email activation necessary) i can give you admin on my site

gamestimeline.com
    Last edited by iMage; 01-19-2016 at 06:03 PM.

AV Scripts Founder

Thanks, I've registered on your site as "Andy".

AV Scripts Founder

Ah, I needed to regenerate the assets and that's got it working.

I'll add that to the instructions.

Andy

License owner

Oh ok, i dont know why i didnt think of that lol.. thanks for having a look Andy

License owner

Great idea, Andy! Keep up the good work!

License owner

awesome

License owner

Wow I've been so busy I didn't even notice this news post until now... I'm going to try it out today.
    RetroSprite - Currently Working On A Resurrection
    Managed Cloud VPS Hosting
    - Shared SSD Cloud Hosting

License owner

I didn't mean to overload the forum with a hundred posts so I combined them into one. Here is a link to my videos page if anyone wants to check it out before updating your own website with the videos beta.

*BUGS

*Categories can not be moved, they revert back to the same place on refresh.

*The Maximum User Submissions option does not work, users can submit an unlimited amount of videos regardless of this setting.

*Please change the YouTube embed url from "http://www.youtube.com/embed/" to "https://www.youtube.com/embed/". I can't play the embedded YouTube videos because they are blocked on my HTTPS website.
    --Update: I was able to edit the youtube.twig file and do this myself.

*On the Video Submissions page the user field is blank, it was definitely submitted by a user and all of the dates submitted say 1969-12-31.

*The Credited User is not showing on the Video pages. ex- Submitted By: Username

*On the Import YouTube Videos page I searched a username and the users videos were repeated on a infinite amount of pages of the same videos which should have only been one page.

*Limit Video Plays option in the video settings does not work. I set it to 2 and could still view as many videos as I wanted.

*Adverts Before Videos does not work, the selected ad does not show up nor does the skip ad button show up.

*The volume icon seems to overlap the buttons on mobile:

Click For Image

*I'm getting mixed content errors from the MP4 Player which might be the reason I get a error message on mobile chrome and it wouldn't play. The video played fine on desktop chrome, I'm not sure what can be done about the mixed content errors since there doesn't seem to be a https version of the links giving the error:

Click For Image

*If you click Like then Dislike it continues to add points to the user, on refresh the points show up unchanged. Shouldn't there be a limit to how much a user can change their like/dislike over and over again? I guess it's not hurting anything though.

Click For Image

--I just noticed a bug in the image above, it says I earned points for a comment when I clicked the like/dislike button... I actually couldn't get this comment message to appear again when clicking like/dislike, weird nonetheless.

*If you are adding or changing the title of a Game, Image, Video, or Wallpaper and it contains a slash(/) the URL Slug will not generate. It seems the user submitted videos had no problem with the URL Slug generating but when I went to change the title I couldn't figure out why a new URL Slug would not generate until I noticed erasing the slash made it generate again.

*Unchecking the "Show more button" option in a video module does not seem to work as the "All Featured Videos" button continues to show regardless.

*There are module positions in the admin panel for Play Video Sidebar and Image Collection Sidebar when neither of these module positions actually exist.

Feature Ideas:

1. We need the "Delete files when deleting wallpapers" option for Games, Images, and Videos.
    2. Can you pull the tags from a YouTube video when automatically filling in the videos info?
    3. I have a idea for the videos too which is GIF thumbnail previews. I think it would be cool when a user hovers over a video thumbnail it plays a preview GIF of the video. I don't know how difficult it would be to implement something like this that generates GIFs of videos so add it to the fantasy list lol.
    4. Currently we have the option to show the publish date for Videos, Images, etc but what I would like is a option to show how long ago it was published like how YouTube says how long ago a video was added(ex: 2 years ago, 2 days ago, 2 hours ago) when browsing videos.
    5. The Import YouTube Videos page has a option to only view HD videos, we need a SD/HD icon on all of the videos on this page so we can tell them apart without selecting this option.
    6. It would be awesome if we could look at YouTube videos from specific users through the Import YouTube Videos page.
    7. I don't like the way videos under a minute show up. For example a video with 28 seconds (00:28) shows up as simply 28 on the video instead of 00:28. In my opinion videos under a minute should show up with the two zeros in front, 00:28.

Last edited by retrosprite; 01-25-2016 at 10:15 PM. Reason: spelling

License owner

Quote Originally Posted by iMage View Post
    Embeds videos very well when adding manually. The import function isnt working for me for whatever reason, that its in beta i guess though
    The Import function is not working for me, I did regenerate the assets...

*Update

Actually disabling CloudFlare made the import function work... now I have to figure out why.

**Update

I had to clear my entire CloudFlare cache which made importing videos work but all of the other bugs I posted still exist.
    Last edited by retrosprite; 01-23-2016 at 07:37 PM.

License owner

Look at how many times you have please delete,,, You can edit and delete them yourself my friend,,, Anyhow Andy I just came by to say thank you for this nice addition,,the videos , For me all is working perfect...
    Rose Entertainment
    Your Source for Family Fun
    http://www.roseweb.net

License owner

Quote Originally Posted by Starnova View Post
    Look at how many times you have please delete,,, You can edit and delete them yourself my friend,,, Anyhow Andy I just came by to say thank you for this nice addition,,the videos , For me all is working perfect...
    Thanks for the info I never knew I could...

License owner

It would be nice if you could create a module that allows you to attach images, wallpapers, or videos to. For example on a game page we could attach a video/image from our website that's related to the game and the attached content shows up wherever we place the module. On a video page the module could be a spot to attach wallpapers or images related to the video. It basically just makes the different content types feel more integrated while showing users who like something more content they may also like.