Thread: Games played daily

License owner

Cool Games played daily

My site is getting about 150 game plays per day and it's slowly growing. Now, if my other sites did as well.

License owner

Congratulations, man, that's great to hear!

Care to share which site it is? I'm a bit curious, to be honest. And even if you would rather keep it secret, would you mind letting us know how old the site is, and what you have done to promote it?
    I'll soon be opening up my site too - I'm really excited. Just fixing the last issues these days

License owner

Quote Originally Posted by ArcadeDoge View Post
    Congratulations, man, that's great to hear!

Care to share which site it is? I'm a bit curious, to be honest. And even if you would rather keep it secret, would you mind letting us know how old the site is, and what you have done to promote it?
    I'll soon be opening up my site too - I'm really excited. Just fixing the last issues these days
    http://arcadiafun.com My old site never did as well but it did show all the spammers that were trying to break in. The site is about 6 weeks old.

BTW, I used boost on facebook. And it looks like yesterday was over 250 games played. I wished my other sites did as well.

http://droopyvids.com and http://militaryvids.com

License owner

Quote Originally Posted by ddlabs31 View Post
    http://arcadiafun.com My old site never did as well but it did show all the spammers that were trying to break in. The site is about 6 weeks old.

BTW, I used boost on facebook. And it looks like yesterday was over 250 games played. I wished my other sites did as well.

http://droopyvids.com and http://militaryvids.com
    Congratulations on 250 games played yesterday, and thanks for sharing a bit of your tactics

I'm just curious, when you talk about "all the spammers that were trying to break in", do you mean people who try to break into your website as in hack it? Or are you talking about all the spammers who try to get attention towards their own arcade site?

How much have you spent on boosting your Facebook posts? And do you boost a post about a specific game, or just about your website in general? I tried searching, but I couldn't find your Facebook page?

License owner

I spent 40 bucks over a 2 week time.

The old one (another flavor of gaming script) recorded all hits. Not just games played. It showed a daily hit of over 1000. There was nothing to show what was actually being done on site. It showed the spammers trying to break in as well as those that actually played the games. AV shows games played and that is the data we need.

As for advertising, I made a piece of neat graphics for the entire site.

License owner

Quote Originally Posted by ddlabs31 View Post
    I spent 40 bucks over a 2 week time.

The old one (another flavor of gaming script) recorded all hits. Not just games played. It showed a daily hit of over 1000. There was nothing to show what was actually being done on site. It showed the spammers trying to break in as well as those that actually played the games. AV shows games played and that is the data we need.

As for advertising, I made a piece of neat graphics for the entire site.
    Oh, I see. Yeah, I really love AV so far

Are you willing to share your Facebook page? I'll be sure to give it a like. Would love to check out how you did your advertisements for the website - I haven't done any for an arcade site before.
    If you don't feel like sharing it publicly here on the forum, maybe via a PM?
    Last edited by ArcadeDoge; 08-17-2015 at 09:20 PM.

License owner

Made a double post. Check my previous post

License owner

I had to take it off line for a few days due to being forced to change providers (arvixe is not something you need). I installed in my VPS. It's been 1 week now and there are 867 Plays.

Here is the yardstick to get these plays. Use your facebook account. Put in an ad by picking what you believe will be a popular game. Copy the URL of that game. You will notice that it will also load the proper graphics. After you post it, clock on boost. Spend about 40 bucks for a 2 week period and watch your system grow with users. You won't get any registered users but you will see a marked increase in games played.

License owner

Congrats!. My arcade site been opened since july 2015 and I only have 1950 Plays. Well I only added 88 games so far because I have to write my own descriptions, tags and instructions. I made twitter and facebook accounts for my sites but I haven't been active on it. I do see that people play games everyday on my site. I think I get traffic from sites when I leave comment with my website link (i only put on site that ask for website link which is optional). I have disquis comment box on my wallpaper site and I use disquis allot when i comment on manga sites and other sites that use disquis. my website link is in my profile at disquis. I just put some stuff on pinterest. i only pay for very cheap advertising(1$-$4 lol) on PTC sites and similar sites.i do want to try expensive advertising by sites like facebook only wants credit cards .sorry for long post.

License owner

One change I made when I reintroduced it was to only use html5 games. And I dropped Unity as well. This gives me only slightly less than 300 games but that's enough. Mobile is important. Yes, I know, you can have them install a plugin but that just runs most off. On the old build, I noticed that the major games played were in my mobile games section. So I dropped all the others and just went with HTML5 only. Instead of 250 a month, it appears that the new count will be 3000 a month and building.

AS I learned in other businesses, it's sometimes good to fail as long as you figure out why you failed and you try again without the failure built in.