Thread: Image Content Type Feature Request

License owner

Default Image Content Type Feature Request

Currently there are no options to change the way Images are displayed like the Wallpapers section. Currently they are displayed as perfect square images even when they are not square images. For example a DVD or game case cover are not square images but rectangle. What I would like is the ability to display these game covers instead of them being forced to be perfectly square and cutting off the bottom and top when displayed in gallerys.

Here is an example of what I'm talking about:

http://www.retrosprite.com/gallery/x...n-ball-z-sagas

It's a game cover and I want it display correctly in the gallery instead of it being forced square until you click it.
    Last edited by retrosprite; 07-04-2015 at 05:33 PM.
    RetroSprite - Currently Working On A Resurrection
    Managed Cloud VPS Hosting
    - Shared SSD Cloud Hosting

License owner

in admin wallpaper did you edit pic and try it with dont crop i had it with a pic and that sorted it for me

License owner

Quote Originally Posted by gazzac72 View Post
    in admin wallpaper did you edit pic and try it with dont crop i had it with a pic and that sorted it for me
    This feature request actually has to do with the new Images Content Type that's currently in beta not the Wallpaper Content Type.

License owner

Oh my bad noworries

AV Scripts Founder

In the settings area of the admin panel, under "Images" set "Thumbnail resize" to 'Keep aspect Ratio'.
    Wherever possible, please use the forum to ask for support rather than sending me a PM
    I help where I can with code changes/modification but overall: if the script doesn't do something you want it to do, please suggest it for a future update.

License owner

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    In the settings area of the admin panel, under "Images" set "Thumbnail resize" to 'Keep aspect Ratio'.
    Ok nice feature but I think it has a bug. When I first load a page with images now sometimes they are mini until I refresh the page but sometimes it loads fine.

When it was set to crop the images it never had this mini image issue on load. Here if you want to go check it: http://www.retrosprite.com/images. It did this when I was browsing through the image pages too but only on the first load. Ok it loads the images fine in Chrome so it looks like it only happens in Firefox of course it only happens in Firefox.
    Last edited by retrosprite; 07-05-2015 at 09:37 PM.

AV Scripts Founder

It's because I rely on javascript to get the images to display in this way. I'll have to see what else I can do to display them neatly. It's one of those things that it's trickier than you'd think to get right.
    Wherever possible, please use the forum to ask for support rather than sending me a PM
    I help where I can with code changes/modification but overall: if the script doesn't do something you want it to do, please suggest it for a future update.