Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AV Arcade 6 & Wallpaper Site Script 2 released

AV Scripts Founder

I'm afraid not, it has been discontinued due to very low sales. So if you really want to keep your forum it's best to stick with the old version.
    Wherever possible, please use the forum to ask for support rather than sending me a PM
    I help where I can with code changes/modification but overall: if the script doesn't do something you want it to do, please suggest it for a future update.

License owner

It's okay. I'm going to try and bridge MyBB with the newer version.

[edit] Nevermind I read it and completely forgot.
    Last edited by koz; 05-11-2015 at 12:28 AM.

License owner

My last question is in regards to Bootstrap. Does the newest version of avarcade support it?

License owner

Hi Andy,

In terms of SEO, apart from the fact that version 2 is responsive, is there any other SEO improvements? For example, the non existent canonical URLs for things like page pagination was a real pain when I first started out with WSS. Google flagged page after page as duplicate content, not to mention duplicate meta tags and meta descriptions. "The One" came out with a MOD at the time that resolved all that however it took "jonks" for Google to re-indexed my site after it was indexed. Some info about it here http://googlewebmastercentral.blogsp...canonical.html

Also does version 2 have a sitemap?
    Last edited by Delta12; 05-11-2015 at 01:36 AM.
    * Main Website: Check my profile (PM me for links to my other sites) - Warning | Adults Only!
    * Hosting: VPS Cloud Server at HostPresto! - Great 24hr Support and Superb up-time!
    * Ad Networks: ExoClick | JuicyAds | AdXpansion - They Convert Well + On-time Payouts!

AV Scripts Founder

Quote Originally Posted by koz View Post
    My last question is in regards to Bootstrap. Does the newest version of avarcade support it?
    The new version is built with it
    Wherever possible, please use the forum to ask for support rather than sending me a PM
    I help where I can with code changes/modification but overall: if the script doesn't do something you want it to do, please suggest it for a future update.

AV Scripts Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Delta12 View Post
    Hi Andy,

In terms of SEO, apart from the fact that version 2 is responsive, is there any other SEO improvements? For example, the non existent canonical URLs for things like page pagination was a real pain when I first started out with WSS. Google flagged page after page as duplicate content, not to mention duplicate meta tags and meta descriptions. "The One" came out with a MOD at the time that resolved all that however it took "jonks" for Google to re-indexed my site after it was indexed. Some info about it here http://googlewebmastercentral.blogsp...canonical.html

Also does version 2 have a sitemap?
    I think the issue for duplicate content came from using the category meta description on each page of the category, so now the category meta description is only used on the first page.

Yes a sitemap is included as a standard covering the core content like Wallpapers.

License owner

Hi Andy,

I've bought avarcade 6 and tried to install it for a website with avarcade 5.8.

I have followed the instructions in the readme file: here it is stated to install AVCMS and follow these instructions:

http://www.wiki.avscripts.net/wiki/Installing_AVCMS

Is AVCMS included in the avarcade 6 zip file?

I have uploaded the files/folders of my zip file (avarcade 6) in the "upgrade" folder but I can't find the subfolder "/admin" where I need to go to proceed with the avarcade 5.8 import process (from WIKI: For AV Arcade, visit yoursite.com/upgrade/admin/ava-import)

If I go to yoursite.com/upgrade/admin/ava-import I get this error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING or '(' in /mounted-storage/.../upgrade/index.php on line 3

Let me know, thanks

Regards
    Last edited by jivan; 05-11-2015 at 04:20 PM. Reason: info added
    Never Give Up!

License owner

Why i can't download av arcade 6 from https://www.avscripts.net/store/cust...task=dashboard ????

License owner

Hi Andy,

any update on the above problem?

Do I need to purchase also AVCMS to upgrade my websites from 5.8 to avarcade 6.0?

Thanks in advance
    Never Give Up!

License owner

Hi Andy,

I've probably found the problem, I was running php 5.2 on my server for that website, I will change to php 5.4 and retry.
    Never Give Up!

AV Scripts Founder

Sorry for not getting back to you jivan, I hope everything it okay now. In the future it's best to post in the support forum for help

AV Scripts Founder

Quote Originally Posted by hanhclubbl01 View Post
    Why i can't download av arcade 6 from https://www.avscripts.net/store/cust...task=dashboard ????
    Version 6 is a paid upgrade so you will need to purchase it. It's $29 for those who purchased before October 2014.

License owner

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Sorry for not getting back to you jivan, I hope everything it okay now. In the future it's best to post in the support forum for help
    Now seems ok.

Yes, you are right, next time I will use the right forum for asking support
    Never Give Up!

License owner

Awesome Update Andy.

License owner

Can you add an option when you import wallpapers to add an option for the scheduled publish time to add one wallpaper every x hours? According to demo I'm trying you can schedule all the wallpapers to publish at a specific date/time. If you can add one wallpaper every x hours the wallpaper site seems more active for visitors and search engines, frequent updates. If you can add this feature I will upgrade from version 1.
    Last edited by vaggos; 05-16-2015 at 02:13 PM.

AV Scripts Founder

Thanks for the suggestion I will consider it

License owner

Maybe a good idea to make an AV Arcade 6 section in the forum - as we already have for v5.8.

AV Scripts Founder

Everything comes under the AVCMS section as the code for Wallpaper Site Script & AV Arcade are now the same.

License owner

Andy, does new AV Arcade 6 script works on NGIX? I spent few days and I couldn't resolve the problem with rewrites
    Thanks!

AV Scripts Founder

Hi JohnDoe24, is your entire server nginx or is it just being used for some aspects? A user, jpmurray, got his working but it was using a mixture of apache and nginx: http://forum.avscripts.net/showthrea...-work-on-Nginx

So he might be able to offer some help.

Otherwise, I can work with you to get the right config together for nginx. PM me your current config that you're trying and I'll see what I can suggest.