Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AV Arcade 6 & Wallpaper Site Script 2 released

AV Scripts Founder

Default AV Arcade 6 & Wallpaper Site Script 2 released

Today I'm pleased to release brand new versions of AV Arcade & Wallpaper Site Script. They are both totally rewritten using a new CMS I have created called AVCMS. This means that both scripts can use the same mods & templates as each other and will both get all the same features.

What's new?
    AVCMS is totally responsive for a start, based on Bootstrap 3 for both the frontend and the admin panel. That means you can manage your site on your smartphone/tablet etc and visitors to your site get a website that looks good no matter what device they're using.

There's much more customisation and power given to the admin. You can complete customise the menus, creating your own links, reordering items, creating drop-down menus and more. With modules, you can customise exactly what you want to display on certain pages. For example, you can add whatever you like to the homepage or the website sidebar. You can add a pre-made module type like a list of games (with a ton of settings) or even add custom HTML or an advert. It's very flexible and maybe a little confusing without documentation, but that's coming later.

The admin panel is a serious redesign. Editing content like games & wallpapers takes place in a significantly improved column-based interface. Bulk actions like bulk delete, bulk publish and bulk feature make managing content much faster than previous versions.

Also:

• Edit templates and css right in the admin panel
    • User groups and customisable permissions
    • More advanced referral system
    • Comments are nested (you can reply to other people)
    • Ratings are now Like/Dislike instead of 5-stars
    • New (all-responsive) templates
    • Blog system
    • Combined all game feeds into one page, with bulk-import
    • 'Contact Us' page
    • Many more settings in the admin panel

It's a paid update
    For the first time and very likely the last, these updates are paid for. These new versions are entirely new, not one line of code is reused from the old versions. It is a project that has taken a long time for me to put together so I'm afraid I simply cannot make these new versions free to existing customers.

The upgrade price for the new versions is $29 for all licenses on your account for that specific product. So whether you have one AV Arcade license or ten, you upgrade all your licenses with just one payment of $29. So it's a great deal for loyal customers.

Plus, the upgrade is cheaper or free for more recent customers. Here's the breakdown:

• If you purchased AV Arcade 5 or Wallpaper Site Script 1 after the 6th October 2014 you can upgrade to the new version for $10.
    • If you purchased after the 6th March 2015, the upgrade is free.
    • For everyone else, the price is $29 as mentioned before

Things to note
    Just as a warning, these new versions are totally new and rewritten. Old templates & modifications will not be compatible. So keep that in mind.

Also available: The full AVCMS
    There is also the full AVCMS available for $69. In version 1.0 this comes with all the Games & Wallpapers functionality in one. The plan is for AVCMS to gain new content types like videos & pictures in the future to allow you to make a media site full of many different things. The $69 is an introductory price while the script still only has Games & Wallpapers. The plan is that you will get the new content types at no extra cost when they are released. But please note that the exact content types I will be adding and when they will be added is not set in stone. So only buy if you're happy to just have Games & Wallpapers for now. Here's where you can purchase the full AVCMS.

If you would like to upgrade to AVCMS instead of upgrading to AV Arcade 6 or Wallpaper Site Script 2, I can offer a discount on new licenses. Contact me if you would like to discuss upgrading to AVCMS.

Wherever possible, please use the forum to ask for support rather than sending me a PM
    I help where I can with code changes/modification but overall: if the script doesn't do something you want it to do, please suggest it for a future update.

License owner

Excelent work my friend...in the last years i.ve tested all the wallpaper scripts out there...but AV Script has no rivals with this new release.

Good job Andy!

License owner

So it's $29 to upgrade but what about the copyright removal? Do we have to repurchase the copyright removal or can we go ahead and remove it if we already bought it for AVA5?

AV Scripts Founder

No need to repurchase copyright removal, you can continue using what you've purchased!
    Wherever possible, please use the forum to ask for support rather than sending me a PM
    I help where I can with code changes/modification but overall: if the script doesn't do something you want it to do, please suggest it for a future update.

License owner

Well that's awesome, I guess I will be upgrading when I get paid in a few days.

License owner

Awesome Andy ! I upgraded and it went flawless! Thank you for this great software!

@Andy
    there are no longer Unity Games feeds in the version 6? After the upgrade, I wanted to see about replacing some of my Unity games, but they will not upload with the extension .unity3D
    After the completion of the upload at 100% it states there is no file when I had just downloaded a new game.
    Last edited by Starnova; 05-04-2015 at 11:56 PM.
    Rose Entertainment
    Your Source for Family Fun
    http://www.roseweb.net

What about cyrillic names for wallpapers?

AV Scripts Founder

@Andy
    there are no longer Unity Games feeds in the version 6? After the upgrade, I wanted to see about replacing some of my Unity games, but they will not upload with the extension .unity3D
    After the completion of the upload at 100% it states there is no file when I had just downloaded a new game.[/QUOTE]

Is this when manually uploading unity games from your computer or from a game feed? There is a whole feed for unity games and it hasn't been removed.

AV Scripts Founder

Quote Originally Posted by quolt View Post
    What about cyrillic names for wallpapers?
    Should work just fine

License owner

What is going on then? When I click on the Unity feed it is blank, also the 2Player games. Here is the what I am seeing when I click on Unity feed:

FireShot Screen Capture #006 - 'Game Feeds' - www_playsndisplay_com_admin_game-feeds.jpg

I guess I could upload the feeds then...and try that way

It is present in container and shows like this:

Code:
    feed.unity_feeds' => 'getFeed_UnityFeedsService',
    It will not pull them in though
    Last edited by Starnova; 05-06-2015 at 02:45 AM.
    Rose Entertainment

License owner

I love the new versions!. I want to buy both the wallpaper script and the arcade script for my two domains. I wish that there was a discount for people who buy both of these scripts. It says in shop that it cost $40 to remove copyright for all the licenses people own so I hope that means we only have to pay once for multiple wallpaper and arcade licenses.

I have few concerns:

I can't view the templates on the wallpaper and arcade shop page so I was wondering if it is an error or do I need a plugin to view templates?

In the game feeds of the arcade panel, half of the category name is covered for each game in the drop down menu. Will this be fixed?

http://avarcade.avcms.net/admin/game-feeds

AV Scripts Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Starnova View Post
    What is going on then? When I click on the Unity feed it is blank, also the 2Player games. Here is the what I am seeing when I click on Unity feed:

FireShot Screen Capture #006 - 'Game Feeds' - www_playsndisplay_com_admin_game-feeds.jpg

I guess I could upload the feeds then...and try that way
    Did you definitely not already install all of the Unity Feeds games? They don't have hundreds, just a few. When you update the feeds, does it say 0 games added?

AV Scripts Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    I love the new versions!. I want to buy both the wallpaper script and the arcade script for my two domains. I wish that there was a discount for people who buy both of these scripts. It says in shop that it cost $40 to remove copyright for all the licenses people own so I hope that means we only have to pay once for multiple wallpaper and arcade licenses.

I have few concerns:

I can't view the templates on the wallpaper and arcade shop page so I was wondering if it is an error or do I need a plugin to view templates?

In the game feeds of the arcade panel, half of the category name is covered for each game in the drop down menu. Will this be fixed?

http://avarcade.avcms.net/admin/game-feeds
    Hi Holly,

The template images are broken, I'll get them fixed!

As for the category names, could you screenshot what you see?

I'll add a AV Arcade & WSS bundle to the store right now for a discount and get back to you when it's added.

Andy

AV Scripts Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    <snip>
    Hi, I have now added the double pack: https://www.avscripts.net/store/orde...&category_id=4

Yes the copyright removal is valid across scripts so you only have to purchase once!

Andy

License owner

I will surely upgrade to AV Arcade 6! Thank you Andy for your work! I'll send you the upgrade request/payment in the next few days.

License owner

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Hi, I have now added the double pack: https://www.avscripts.net/store/orde...&category_id=4

Yes the copyright removal is valid across scripts so you only have to purchase once!

Andy
    Thanks!. Now I could purchase in a few weeks when I get money .

Here's the pic:

avarcade_script_error.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Holly; 05-05-2015 at 10:55 PM.

AV Scripts Founder

Thanks for the screenshot. What browser and operating system are you using?

License owner

Yay, a paid update _
    Twitter: @mradamdavies

License owner

@ Andy re: feeds

Yes I have and updated and yes it says 0 . I did not reinstall anything as I was afraid I would blow it LOL..
    Last edited by Starnova; 05-06-2015 at 07:06 PM.
    Rose Entertainment

License owner

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Thanks for the screenshot. What browser and operating system are you using?
    Hi, I mostly use chrome browser for this site. I took that screenshot on chrome. I have windows vista home basic service pack 2. I'm using a HP CQ50 labtop. All my browsers are up to date. I just check it out on firefox and it has the same issue. Few days ago I had to make a recovery disk and use it on my new hard drive because my old hard drive became bad 3 weeks ago. I had to use my script money to get a new hard drive so now I have to wait 3 weeks to buy scripts . I spend the last few days using windows update to update over 200 stuff and put back SP2 on my labtop. I took the screenshot after all those updates.