Page 1 of 614 1231151101501 ... LastLast

Thread: Feature Requests?

License owner

Thumbs up Feature Requests?

Official Feature Requests thread Andy? I thought it would be better to have one feature requests thread rather than lots of different feature requests. Am sure there will be some over time.

I have a few. Some already mentioned but would like to request Lights Off mode. Its not much but some users like it when they get into a game.

Also Game submission so users can submit games like on old avarcade.

Oh and social login facebook/twitter/google. But that could possibly be a premium mod later if someone has the knowhow.
    Last edited by Nolly; 03-16-2015 at 10:53 PM.

AV Scripts Founder

Thanks for your suggestions.

In regards to game submissions, has anyone here actually had games submitted to their site? If they have, has it been more than 1 or 2? I'm just wondering if the feature is actually ever used considering the game feeds exist and authors are more likely to submit their games there rather than to individual sites.
    Wherever possible, please use the forum to ask for support rather than sending me a PM
    I help where I can with code changes/modification but overall: if the script doesn't do something you want it to do, please suggest it for a future update.

License owner

Hi Andy
    Please consider adding the Friends Functionality, as I currently and plan to in the future, use this feature extensively.

Thank you
    Daronna

AV Scripts Founder

I have just been creating the friends functionality and it will be in the next beta.
    Wherever possible, please use the forum to ask for support rather than sending me a PM
    I help where I can with code changes/modification but overall: if the script doesn't do something you want it to do, please suggest it for a future update.

License owner

Terrific Andy, thank you

Daronna

License owner

Is it possible to add 'gameplay type' i.e Mouse OR Keyboard OR Mouse and Keyboard (both)?
    And perhaps an icon for this.

Thanks
    Daronna

License owner

I have used the game feeds to see if it works and it is just great .. I submitted games that I downloaded from a site, and submitted several myself. The only thing is I am not sure how the file that was from user submissions were successfully transfered from my exiting game site and I do not know what to do with it.. So I downloaded it and decided to reinstall the games I want from there I guess...The folder is in the admin area and I tried to import it with no success.
    Rose Entertainment
    Your Source for Family Fun
    Rose Entertainment

License owner

Need category / subcategory feature in BLOG section..

License owner

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Thanks for your suggestions.

In regards to game submissions, has anyone here actually had games submitted to their site? If they have, has it been more than 1 or 2? I'm just wondering if the feature is actually ever used considering the game feeds exist and authors are more likely to submit their games there rather than to individual sites.
    I could ask the same thing about wallpaper submissions mate.

Nobody in all my time of ever running wallpaper sites has anyone ever submitted a wallpaper. But I've have quite a few game submissions though. Usually this doesn't happen until the site is quite a busy successful site. But there is no return for a user to submit a wallpaper. Where as with their game, they get the chance of redirecting the game player to their site from the in-game links etc. Also they get recognition from the games logo etc too.

Yes game feeds exist, but some game devs still submit their games to your site in case you haven't fetched and added that game or in case they haven't submitted to those places anyway.

I was running monsterhighplaza.com and before I sold it, I got loads of monster high game submissions. That's just 1 example though. I've had others.

So yes, game submission is worth having and much more than wallpaper submission which nobody ever ever uses.

Hope that helps.

Nolly.

License owner

My Members use wallpaper submissions all the time.

I am glad it is enabled

Daronna

License owner

Really? That is fair enough. It has just been my experience of running avarcade and av wss for past 7 years that nobody has ever uploaded a wallpaper as far as I can remember.
    But I have had lot of game submissions though. It's like a gun ya know? It's better to have one and not need it than it is to need it and not have one.

I have an idea though. What about if on the upload page, the uploader can choose whether to upload a game or wallpaper and then the appropriate fields show depending on what they want to upload.
    A simple drop down selector and have that as an event so that it triggers the correct fields to show. Game name, game desc, game thumb etc for game submission or just wallpaper name, desc, category as it is now for wallpaper submission.

It's a win win for everyone then. Just a thought.

Regards.

Default somembonstace pjjas

Default gualogyviowly iygur

Default adubbedeexack fhpie

Default selmefubbebrams dhjnd

Default DutsDrultully siquj