Thread: Starting New Avscripts Wallpaper site

License owner

Lightbulb Starting New Avscripts Wallpaper site

So I was thinking of starting a new avscripts wallpaper site. I've done quite a lot in the past but not in the last year or so so might be a bit rusty. As I remember after install there are some setup steps to do and also some tweaks to apply to the sites code to improve it and lock the site down a bit. I can't remember what they all are now but will look through some of my old sites to see how it was done.

Just wondering if anyone has launched any new avscripts wallpaper sites recently. If so share them here so I can get some ideas and inspiration.

Also some questions.

What is the latest version of AVscripts WSS?
    When was the last update to it?
    Is there any new version being built that might be released soon? (Id rather wait than have to upgrade later).
    Are there are new cool responsive themes for sale or otherwise I might want to know about?
    Are there are new cool recent addons/mods that I also might want to know of?

I usually go for niche wallpaper sites like hd dog wallpapers or something haha but I might go for something more general now like hd wallpapers or something. Some recent numbers from Keyword Planner.

hd wallpapers 823,000
    desktop wallpaper 165,000
    nature wallpapers 49,500
    desktop wallpapers 33,100
    car wallpapers 33,100
    free desktop wallpaper 27,100
    movie wallpapers 18,100
    desktop wallpaper hd 12,100
    desktop wallpapers hd 9,900
    hd desktop wallpapers 6,600
    rose wallpapers 6,600
    cartoon wallpapers 5,400
    flower wallpapers 4,400
    heart wallpapers 2,900

Some of these are quite high comp now but from what I've learned about the IM niche, there is always room for "one more" that does things differently.

Cheers and hope to hear from ya'll!

License owner

Come on talk ya bunch of goons! lol

AV Scripts Founder

I think the main info you probably want is the answer to this:

[quote]Is there any new version being built that might be released soon? (Id rather wait than have to upgrade later).[/code]

The answer is yes, there's a totally new version (2.0) coming in the next couple of months or so.
    Wherever possible, please use the forum to ask for support rather than sending me a PM
    I help where I can with code changes/modification but overall: if the script doesn't do something you want it to do, please suggest it for a future update.

License owner

Oh interesting. Any sneak preview or feature list to look forward to?

Will be responsive?

Let me know if you need someone to Alpha test it.
    Last edited by Nolly; 02-27-2015 at 04:51 PM.

There are too much competition of what you have choose you need to find some medium ranged competition otherwise your wallpaper going to like 100 pages deep.