Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: AV Arcade 5.8 Released

License owner

Thank you for this awesome upgrade Andy

AV Scripts Founder

Quote Originally Posted by kingkill View Post
    @Andy do you think it is possible to create an auto translate module in the script with microsoft/google translate API, that will translate every new game you publish?
    It may be doable, maybe I'll look into it for version 6.
    Wherever possible, please use the forum to ask for support rather than sending me a PM
    I help where I can with code changes/modification but overall: if the script doesn't do something you want it to do, please suggest it for a future update.

License owner

Quote Originally Posted by kingkill View Post
    @Andy do you think it is possible to create an auto translate module in the script with microsoft/google translate API, that will translate every new game you publish?
    caution with google translate. check the terms first.

in the past google did not allow to *store* translations. not sure, if this still holds, but better check first.

--thomas.
    helpful post? buy me a drink!

License owner

Hi Andy,

I upgraded to 5.8 successfully but the problem is the games are not getting added. When add a game and hit submit button it keep showing "updating" but the game is not getting added.

Please help me fix the issue.

Thanks,
    V

License owner

Automatic translation and spam, there are 2 videos to watch http://www.deseretnews.com/top/723/3...om-Google.html

AV Scripts Founder

@wonder - Try clearing your browser cache
    Wherever possible, please use the forum to ask for support rather than sending me a PM
    I help where I can with code changes/modification but overall: if the script doesn't do something you want it to do, please suggest it for a future update.

License owner

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    @wonder - Try clearing your browser cache
    Thanks Andy, now it works.

License owner

Default 5.71 to 5.8

Hy,
    how to upgrade from 5,71 to 5.8?
    Just running installer?
    Last edited by grgo69; 05-23-2014 at 04:46 PM.

License owner

Andy, today a member of my site (profile Nikos) informed me that he can't see his favourite games. He manually searched some of his favourite games in order to mark them again as favourites, but he noticed that they were already marked as favourites, but not shown is his favourite games.

P.S. He also marked a new game as favourite, and this was correctly shown in his favourites.

After i informed the above problem:
    - i checked some other users to see if they had the same problem, but i didn't noticed something strange,
    - i pressed the recalculate url's button but nothing changed.

Do you have an idea what is happening?

Thanks

www.games-explorer.com

AV Scripts Founder

Quote Originally Posted by grgo69 View Post
    Hy,
    how to upgrade from 5,71 to 5.8?
    Just running installer?
    The included readme lets you know what steps you need to take

AV Scripts Founder

Quote Originally Posted by michalakism View Post
    Andy, today a member of my site (profile Nikos) informed me that he can't see his favourite games. He manually searched some of his favourite games in order to mark them again as favourites, but he noticed that they were already marked as favourites, but not shown is his favourite games.

P.S. He also marked a new game as favourite, and this was correctly shown in his favourites.

After i informed the above problem:
    - i checked some other users to see if they had the same problem, but i didn't noticed something strange,
    - i pressed the recalculate url's button but nothing changed.

Do you have an idea what is happening?

Thanks

www.games-explorer.com
    If you send me your phpmyadmin/ftp details I can take a look to see if I can work out what could have happened.

License owner

Hi Andy,

Is this an official release ? or beta.

Couldn't see this release on AV news feed in admin. any specific cause for that ?

AV Scripts Founder

I delayed putting it on there so people who tend to give feedback got it first, I'll add it there soon.

License owner

When v6 will be released? with approximation. How about the templates, it's the same structure used or everything has to be changed.

AV Scripts Founder

v6 I have no concrete idea, it's still really early really for development. As for templates, it'll be completely different. It really is a clean break.

License owner

I found a minor bug in 5.8. When a user clicks an email activation link, this is shown in the favorites module

HTML Code:
    Notice: Undefined index: login_status in .../includes/modules/favourites.php on line 2
    I fixed this by changing

PHP Code:
    if ($user['login_status'] == 1
    to

PHP Code:
    if (isset($user['login_status']) && $user['login_status'] == 1

License owner

Hi, I did a clean install of 5.8 and I get this error when trying to FB connect:
    Code:
    CurlException: 77: error setting certificate verify locations: CAfile: /home/www/mygamezone.cz/www/mygamezone.cz/includes/fb_ca_chain_bundle.crt CApath: /etc/ssl/certs This site could not retrieve the user data from Facebook
    (FB application is set correctly)

AV Scripts Founder

@Roman - Thanks for letting me know

@davchy - Try downloading this file: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/fa...ain_bundle.crt and adding it to your includes folder with the same name (fb_ca_chain_bundle.crt)

License owner

I have question about the new registration URL. It now appears to include a code, but simply going to /index.php?task=register works also. What do I lose by linking users to the old URL?

AV Scripts Founder

I was working on something extra to try and stop spam bots registering but it didn't really work out. So it doesn't matter