Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AV Arcade 5.8 Released

AV Scripts Founder

Default AV Arcade 5.8 Released

AV Arcade 5.8 is now available in the customer area. This version is focused on improving the security and stability of the script.

The changes are as follows:

• Improved account and password security
      • Sessions saved more securely
      • Passwords encrypted using bcrypt rather than md5. Password is converted when a user next logs in.
      • Improved handling of “forgot my password”
      • Admin must re-authenticate to enter the admin panel even if “Remember me” is checked

• Added custom SMTP server support
    • Captcha added to link exchange
    • Added new feed “Arcade Game Feed”
    • Added missing links module to indigo template
    • Fixed referrer id column in ava_users from being limited to 127
    • Stopped tag cloud generation causing slowdown when adding/editing games
    • Improved the users displayed in the newest users module to not show un-activated accounts & banned users
    • Removed Mochi feed and added option to disable/hide all highscore related content. Some highscore related functionality has been completely removed. Mochi Media shut down on March 31st 2014.

AV Arcade Forums have also been updated to version 1.0.3 to support the improved account security.

Minor changes have been made to a huge number of the files in this release, so there's not a file-by-file changelist in this version.

Download from the customer area at http://www.avscripts.net/store/customers

Thanks everyone,
    Andy
    Wherever possible, please use the forum to ask for support rather than sending me a PM
    I help where I can with code changes/modification but overall: if the script doesn't do something you want it to do, please suggest it for a future update.

License owner

Andy I have a problem.. I upgraded the script... and I cannot log in and there is no admin..

Warning: mysql_fetch_array() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/www/thefreeweb.org/gameroom/login.php on line 34

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/www/thefreeweb.org/gameroom/login.php:34) in /home/www/thefreeweb.org/gameroom/login.php on line 37

So I tried to upgrade and keep getting this statement:

Error on sql 1: Table 'ava_sessions' already exists

Well I am going to delete the site and start over .. and see what happens.. I do not know what to do
    Last edited by Starnova; 05-07-2014 at 10:05 PM.

AV Scripts Founder

Did you get any errors when first trying to run the install? If your site still exists I can take a look if you send ftp/mysql details.
    Wherever possible, please use the forum to ask for support rather than sending me a PM
    I help where I can with code changes/modification but overall: if the script doesn't do something you want it to do, please suggest it for a future update.

License owner

Okay .. Yes the site still exists.. http://thefreeweb.org/gameroom

I am going to send details right now LOL

Here is a puzzeling thing: this is what I get when I use the upgrade key:

AV Arcade: Upgrade from 5.7+
    Error on sql 1: Table 'ava_sessions' already exists

The problem is we have to copy an ava_sessions to thefreeweb.org/gameroom
    Last edited by Starnova; 05-08-2014 at 12:23 AM.

Good update Andy, I'm sad there is no log of the code changes though.

AV Scripts Founder

Yes there's no log due to such a significant number of files changes. My advice is, if you need to see exactly what's changed, use a program that compares files like WinMerge.

License owner

Nice!!! Thnx for that great update, Andy!

License owner

Today i installed v. 5.8. but it i have the following problems:

1) Game tags are not shown on the first page
    Capture.JPG

2) 'Subscribe' button is not working. When i press it i crashes and displays 'This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.'
    Capture2.jpg

3) The most important is that i can't add new games or edit old ones.

I first tried to mannually insert a test game but when i pressed 'Submit' button it never finished as it was showing 'Updating....'
    Untitled2.jpg

The same happened when i tried to edit a game (e.x. to add a tag to a game)

Untitled.jpg

The strange thing is that when i tried to add a game from Arcade Game Feed, that was successfully installed (but it also couldn't be edited)

Andy can you pls check?

www.games-explorer.com
    Last edited by michalakism; 05-09-2014 at 09:42 PM.

License owner

Thank you Andy... It is working great!

AV Scripts Founder

@michalakism -

1) Your tags will reappear when you re-save a game. Or you can regenerate it from the settings page (at the bottom).

2) That's what the RSS feed looks like on chrome, chrome doesn't have native support for RSS so it appears like that

3) You may need to clear your browser cache

License owner

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    @michalakism -

1) Your tags will reappear when you re-save a game. Or you can regenerate it from the settings page (at the bottom).

2) That's what the RSS feed looks like on chrome, chrome doesn't have native support for RSS so it appears like that

3) You may need to clear your browser cache
    1) OK
    2) OK
    3) OK

It seems that everything is working fine. Once again, thank you very much!

www.games-explorer.com

License owner

Hmm still using the deprecated mysql_connect?
    Should have been a good time to change when so much files did change anyway.

License owner

I'm also getting this error when trying to do login

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/lucas465/public_html/portal/login.php on line 34

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/lucas465/public_html/portal/login.php:34) in /home/lucas465/public_html/portal/login.php on line 37

Many fun games : Games da Hora

AV Scripts Founder

Quote Originally Posted by OsiriX View Post
    Hmm still using the deprecated mysql_connect?
    Should have been a good time to change when so much files did change anyway.
    They'll be gone in version 6 which is a complete rewrite of the script

AV Scripts Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Sett View Post
    I'm also getting this error when trying to do login

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/lucas465/public_html/portal/login.php on line 34

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/lucas465/public_html/portal/login.php:34) in /home/lucas465/public_html/portal/login.php on line 37
    Did the upgrade script run okay? Do you see a password_bcrypt column in your ava_users table?

License owner

Ciao Andy,
    first i wish to say THANK YOU to update frequently your/our cms that is the best one. However, everything works fine except that the user avatar is not shown in the friend request email. I saw the code of the email, I realized that the path is repeated 2 times (for example: http://www.mysite.xx/uploads/avatars...ars/user-1.jpg). I tried to make a fresh install but this little problem still remains.

Sergio
    Last edited by Walter67; 05-12-2014 at 05:38 PM.

License owner

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Did the upgrade script run okay? Do you see a password_bcrypt column in your ava_users table?
    Works fine now, thanks

Many fun games : Games da Hora

License owner

Andy remember to update the Dashboard with the new version

License owner

@Andy do you think it is possible to create an auto translate module in the script with microsoft/google translate API, that will translate every new game you publish?