Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mochi Media Is Shutting Down

License owner

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckun View Post
    Crazy ****.. I'm glad I don't do the arcades any more :P Would hate to have to remove so many games!
    Same here Chuckun. I quit arcades a while ago myself when I figured out there just isn't money in it and it was a waste of time and energy. The only people making money were the developers and Mochi. Adsense just waits until you start making money and then they ban you. A vicious circle indeed.
    My Redneck YouTube Channel

Need a logo or banner? PM Me!

Just an old dude with his hobbies......

License owner

Quote Originally Posted by mystical View Post
    Same here Chuckun. I quit arcades a while ago myself when I figured out there just isn't money in it and it was a waste of time and energy. The only people making money were the developers and Mochi. Adsense just waits until you start making money and then they ban you. A vicious circle indeed.
    Yea though i was never in it for the money and have never made a cent off my arcades. I think the time may be here to move on myself. I relied heavily on their highscore games. My bad.

License owner

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Wolf View Post
    Yea though i was never in it for the money and have never made a cent off my arcades. I think the time may be here to move on myself. I relied heavily on their highscore games. My bad.
    Same with my site, all high score games. Not that it mattered with mine, not many people bothered to register anyways.

License owner

Quote Originally Posted by WhyMe View Post
    Same with my site, all high score games. Not that it mattered with mine, not many people bothered to register anyways.
    Yea same here. Most of the members on my sites are unused accounts. Spammers cant leave their url's on the profiles so they sign up and go away. Im down to just one arcade with an actual domain. Everything else is on subdomains. So no real loss in this other than the 5 years or so Ive put into them.

Still its a bit sad. But its been an awesome learning experience. I came here like most people - no experience with coding whatsoever. I saw my first line of code with AVA V4. I now have a degree in Web Technologies & Design. And will be graduating in 2 months with a degree in Graphic Design. And I really have Andy and the entire AV Community to thank for that! Ive met some very cool people here at the forum over the years. I would have never taken that first step forward to a new career if it wasnt for the sharing nature of those folks.

Ill likely be keeping my WSS site if Andy can get the data usage down. The patch currently being used works but slows the site down a good bit and I have an extremely fast connection. It must really suck for people with a slow connection lol. I am considering moving to a Concrete5 framework as I can plug a shopcart into the wallpaper mod for the CMS. But I have a lot of research to do yet. I would actually like to use Andy's CMS. I wonder if we could get him to to make just a Content Management System based on his current Admin.... Hummmm...

License owner

Mochi is down. So, some news? Highscores from GamerSafe? Game feeds?

License owner

All my Mochi games are downloaded but when i try to play a game i see an empty page like this:
    michi1.JPG
    Is this going to be fixed? I thought that the problem was only with hotlinked games. Does anybody else have the same problem?

www.games-explorer.com

License owner

Even the downloaded games were programmed to connect to mochimedia first so it's not surprising.
    --> TazGames Arcade

Need a custom MOD for AVA or WSS? PM me!

License owner

@ michalakism

I have the same problem for some games but not for all games.

Some are working well but the highscores obviously don't work, I hope at least the annoying pop up to send score will disappear in the future.
    Never Give Up!

License owner

Quote Originally Posted by jivan View Post
    @ michalakism

I have the same problem for some games but not for all games.

Some are working well but the highscores obviously don't work, I hope at least the annoying pop up to send score will disappear in the future.
    You are right, only some games are not playing at all. We have to check them one by one and remove them....

License owner

It would be useful to create a list of mochi games (with mochi game_tag) which don't work anymore and after that a php script (like mochirescue.php) to automatically disabled them (set published = 0) in av arcade.
    Never Give Up!

License owner

Quote Originally Posted by jivan View Post
    It would be useful to create a list of mochi games (with mochi game_tag) which don't work anymore and after that a php script (like mochirescue.php) to automatically disabled them (set published = 0) in av arcade.
    Thank you very much for your help ;-)

www.games-explorer.com

License owner

My first contribution is the idea

Anyway meanwhile I heard about a project to restore broken mochi games, so at the moment I will wait to see the future development.

You can find more here:

http://www.talkarcades.com/talk-arca...chi-games.html
    Never Give Up!

License owner

On sample of 900 best games, added from september 2013, about 80% of games does not work anymore..............

License owner

Quote Originally Posted by dpeca View Post
    On sample of 900 best games, added from september 2013, about 80% of games does not work anymore..............
    The same for me.... also see this post

www.games-explorer.com

License owner

The Mochi feed and everthing related need to be removed and then there are feeds from talkarcades and gamersafe that can be added to fill in the place.

License owner

Just to inform you what I just spotted - a mass of games that didn't work yesterday (and few days ago) - is now playable again !

License owner

At least for me, Mochi games are working fine and even uploading highscores. O.o

License owner

Quote Originally Posted by Darkscanner View Post
    At least for me, Mochi games are working fine and even uploading highscores. O.o
    Yup same here. Wonder why others are having so much problem :/

License owner

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Wolf View Post
    Yup same here. Wonder why others are having so much problem :/
    Most games are working and for me now. I think that something changed, as in the 2-3 days after Mochi shut down the majority of games didn't work.