Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mochi Media Is Shutting Down

License owner

Well you might like to sign this petition to bring Mochi back or to start a service similar to it here http://www.change.org/petitions/new-...-the-new-mochi

Not quite sure it could get as big as Mochi but then Mochi got big before the bottom dropped out.

Very good script, saved my life.
    It is possible that the images of the games can also save? Because if the mochi cleared, we will lose all the images.

Thanks for the help!

License owner

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    I'm definitely interested in getting involved in something to replace some of Mochi's services. Primarily I'd like to see a highscore system that is not tied to any 3rd party service. The games need to talk straight to the publisher site alongside the 3rd party site so that if the 3rd party site ever goes down, the highscores still function on the host site.
    Would it be possible to intercept scores from mochi's current score system after their servers go down? Or is that a lost cause?
    Is there a way to shut off the on page score boards site wide?

License owner

Today I received a mail from FGL - maybe it's a solution for highscores?

mochi.png

https://www.fgl.com/blog/2014/03/sad...ed-developers/

License owner

I'm thinking fgl too for leaderboards, ads, and achievements and so on. That's a good one

License owner

Quote Originally Posted by Nolly View Post
    Well you might like to sign this petition to bring Mochi back or to start a service similar to it here http://www.change.org/petitions/new-...-the-new-mochi

Not quite sure it could get as big as Mochi but then Mochi got big before the bottom dropped out.
    It's a start, maybe something even better than Mochi
    Got Game? Get Some At GameCine.com
    Movies & TV For FREE ValliantTv.com
    Add Our Roku Channel ValliantTv Roku Player

License owner

What can we do about the following message of Mochi games?
    Capture.JPG
    Do you have an idea?

License owner

Quote Originally Posted by michalakism View Post
    What can we do about the following message of Mochi games?
    Capture.JPG
    Do you have an idea?
    Now that REALLY sucks! I would be removing over half the games on 10 arcades. Either that or start with a whole new games table. I dont know if its even worth it.

AV Scripts Founder

If it's hosted on their servers the best we can hope is that they take it down at some point :/

Thousands and thousands of games across the web now apparently not allowed to be uploaded. Crazy.
    Wherever possible, please use the forum to ask for support rather than sending me a PM
    I help where I can with code changes/modification but overall: if the script doesn't do something you want it to do, please suggest it for a future update.

License owner

After you click that on the continue the game played.. since my users will not know to do that, I am going to close for a bit and revamp my gamesite.

License owner

It's just that mochi has to serve that message because technically their agreements from game devs are no longer valid, but there are still other game feeds, and fgl/gamersafe is still a big player in the market as well as other feeds that'll be great substitutes.

License owner

I would like to thank the community here for pulling together and helping other users out . Your suggestions have been helpful to arcade owners .. thanks for making us feel there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Mochi Media is starting to erase the images of the games, please Andy, you can do something to download the images our host?, something like what you did with the games. Hopefully you can help, cheers.

License owner

hi,

why would you want to download these games.

it is true, that the authors game mochi distribution rights based on they idea, that they will be compensated for that. as mochi dies, their compensation is destroyed - why would they allow further use on sites, if there is nothing they can earn from it?

in best case you need a new, separate agreement with every single author - to be on the safe side.

wouldn't it be best to delete the whole thing and fetch games from other distributors?
    helpful post? buy me a drink!

License owner

Ill delete all games and start new... i hope there will be a solution for the highscores in future.
    I have 3 exam in the next 2 weeks and i just can start with it in a few weeks.
    I think its important to have a own highscoresystem by avarcade to avoid thos situation for the future. I know its not easy.

Im very sad. I have just 1 game which isnt from mochi. All other games are imported from mochi... and all are Highscore games!...

Even so i wish you all a nice weekend.

Apropos im looking for some german webmaster who using the av-arcade script for a own network or in german " zum austauschen von Ideen und Weiterentwicklung oder einfach nur mal zum schreiben untereinander ;-), ihr knnt euch ja melden wrde mich freuen"

AV Scripts Founder

Quote Originally Posted by fondoshq View Post
    Mochi Media is starting to erase the images of the games, please Andy, you can do something to download the images our host?, something like what you did with the games. Hopefully you can help, cheers.
    The games downloader I provided should download the thumbnails also.
    Wherever possible, please use the forum to ask for support rather than sending me a PM
    I help where I can with code changes/modification but overall: if the script doesn't do something you want it to do, please suggest it for a future update.

License owner

I do not agree with some previous posts, I'm going to remove games only if the developer of every game will write me. They made money with our domains and now we cannot to start from beginning. I spent many times to translate game's descriptions in italian language without earn money in these last years.

Ciao
    Sergio

I don't use AV Arcade, but can someone verify that my games aren't hotlinked? Here's a sample mochi link: http://gilton.org/l-i-f-e/

License owner

Thanks for posting this script Andy.

License owner

Crazy ****.. I'm glad I don't do the arcades any more :P Would hate to have to remove so many games!
    --> TazGames Arcade

Need a custom MOD for AVA or WSS? PM me!