Thread: Mobile version

License owner

Default Mobile version

Hello,

i was just wondering with Arcade Pro is there a mobile version?

Because some of my users have been asking if there is a mobile version for it

License owner

No there isnt one thats an official AVA mobile version. But you can make a site mobile friendly easy enough. And there are several mobile templates at places like Code Canyon that can be converted to AVA.

License owner

I dont know how to convert them to AVA

License owner

I had started on AVAMobile a while back but due to work load and stuff I never finished.. I do still want to finish it though so I'll get to it soon enough.
    --> TazGames Arcade

Need a custom MOD for AVA or WSS? PM me!

License owner

yes it is necessary and also a clean simple friv style template. what I mean is a template for tablets without the 3 columns display, just a grid and some menus on top and bottom and probably some onmousever to display more.
    don't forget that more and more people are going to use devices other than a desktop, the same site can be seen from a phone or from a 50'' TV, we need to accommodate every situation.

License owner

Ah ok Thank you Guaranis

License owner

I started on a mobile site myself and to be honest it isn't worth it. The games wont play on apple, and they can't really be played on the other mobile devices. Tablets however I do not know as I do not own one.
    No longer creating mods nor supporting any of my work.

License owner

Mobile version would be useful if all mobile/tablet users are redirected to something like m.yoursite(dot)com and have few mobile supported games there.
    Btw which are mobile supported games nowadays.. android, html5...etc ?
    High paying Banner Ads : epicgameads.com
    High paying popunder Ads : HERE
    cool games|fun games

License owner

I think it's them all but apple devices. Anything that runs flash, not sure about windows phones as I have not got one but I am going to guess they are. So Android and Windows. Think Nokia have their own interface now right? if not then they will run them also. Think that Expiera however you spell it was made for gaming?
    No longer creating mods nor supporting any of my work.

License owner

Ok, ipad doesn't have flash so the only games working are html5 games.
    With a mobile I am not sure I can play mahjong with a 4 inch screen, not to mention that there is no flash, but there is a world outside apple and mobiles.
    I am talking about the other tablets with flash enabled and also more and more TVs have flash enabled.
    A simple theme with an auto width to adjust to the tablet/TV will be great.
    ex: http://www.frogsthemes.com/theme-switcher?demo=365pro

I am not saying I like this template in particular but it's to get an idea, the bottom has a div that can be hidden/show and thumbnails adjust themselves depending on your width.

License owner

there is an interesting tool to see how is your site with a mobile/tablet
    http://ipadpeek.com/

the view looks a lot bigger than the original, I suppose it has to do with the screen resolution, but you can zoom out with your browser to match the real size

License owner

Just wanted to tell you that Flash isn't supported on iPad and iPhone. I think Android still can use it BUT Adobe abandoned the development of the Flash player plugin for mobile devices. If you're a game developer you can use AIR for mobile devices. The problem is that the only playable games for mobile devices are HTML5 games and some Unity games. The mobile gaming market is completely different. They buy their game for 0.99 $ in the app store, download it and play it. That business is completely different...

I think a Retina-supported arcade site would make more sense because it's just a matter of time until all desktop users use an ultra-high resolution like the MacBook Pro does.

BUT you can re-direct mobile users to another site where they can play some special HTML5 games OR where you tell 'em that your site doesn't support mobile $hit (sorry but I hate that mobile stuff)...desktop gaming won't die!
    Last edited by drpelz; 12-03-2012 at 10:47 PM.

License owner

oh ok thank you

Besides the layout you have to present only games that can run in the mobile device, like html5 games.
    Visit my arcade game site Jogos Gratis

My MODs:

There are many3D games available for downloading for free.* There are many online websites providing the facility. I recently downloaded the games Comcraft and Half Life Revival to my phone freely from the Vibrant3g site. There are many more interesting for the access of the availabilities of the seekers.

License owner

oh ok Thanks for all replies