PDA

View Full Version : AV Arcade 5.6 released

Andy
03-28-2012, 04:18 PM
AV Arcade 5.6 is now available to all customers.

This is a smaller release than your average 5.X release but the version number is earned due to database updates.

New in this update:

FreeOnlineGames.com (FreeGamesForYourWebsite.com) feed added
FreeOnlineGames.com autopost
Spil Games Feed added
New captcha option 'Question & Answer' - Make users answer a question of your choosing when registering
Correct number of link submissions show in the admin panel
Added submitter column to the Manage Links section
Option to use mb_strlen to stop strange characters in game descriptions
If a category is deleted and re-added, the new category's URL will not have a "-2" appended
Entering a game URL with the incorrect category will generate a not-found page as expected rather than showing the game
Escape Flash Game Distribution descriptions locally
Delete game highscores when deleting a game
Shared categories for feeds - Less to set-up
Removed playtomic (was broken, they didn't fix it)

Version 5.5 templates and language files do not need updating and should work just fine with 5.6. After upgrading you will need to re-setup your feed categories in the feed settings area.

Note that FreeGamesForYourWebsite.com may have issues saving your autopost URL at this time and it may disappear after logging out of their site. Their feed may also update all games at the moment and ignore any limit you set.

Customer area: www.avscripts.net/store/customers (http://www.avscripts.net/store/customers)

Szise
03-28-2012, 04:21 PM
Thanks Andy for the update.

TheOnlyLix
03-28-2012, 04:24 PM
Thanks Andy!

Jayw
03-28-2012, 04:38 PM
Any chance in having details on files updated?

Andy
03-28-2012, 04:39 PM
The entire admin folder needs to be uploaded alongside a few other files. Details in the zip.

Jayw
03-28-2012, 04:39 PM
Thanks, pal.

Peltiboksi
03-28-2012, 05:18 PM
Thanks! Btw, Good improvements.

Szise
03-28-2012, 05:38 PM
For foreign characters, in core.php

// Shorten string function
function shortenStr ($str, $len) {
global $setting;

if (strlen($str) > $len) {
if ($setting['use_mb_strlen'] == 0)
$str = substr($str, 0, $len)."";
else
$str = mb_substr($str, 0, $len, 'UTF-8')."";
}
return $str;
}

replaced with this code makes it work by default, no "�".

global $setting;

$str = mb_substr($str, 0, $len, 'UTF-8')."";
}
return $str;
}

Andy
03-28-2012, 06:09 PM
It does but some people don't have mb_substr enabled as I discovered in the past, so I give the option to prevent errors.

Szise
03-28-2012, 06:42 PM
For some urls is still possible to add any character and display the content, for "/news" (example: /news12345), "/friends", "/search", "/messages", /members". Maybe will be fixed in the next version.

hemato
03-28-2012, 08:18 PM
thans admin! did not upgrade yet

The UNiQue
03-28-2012, 08:22 PM
Thanks Andy , I like this

New captcha option 'Question & Answer'

very good improvements

SamK
03-28-2012, 11:43 PM
Nice work. So far no issue with update from 5.5.1 to 5.6.

Their feed may also update all games at the moment and ignore any limit you set.

HAHA!!!!! Yup it does. 2600 games added.....My setting was 25 lol.

Note that FreeGamesForYourWebsite.com may have issues saving your autopost URL at this time and it may disappear after logging out of their site.
That it does. I tried with Mozilla and it went poof every time. Gonna try other browsers and see what happens.

ahtozz
03-29-2012, 07:04 AM
Nice updates Andy! (especially the new feeds)

rupoti
03-29-2012, 07:40 AM
Great update.

Thanks Andy

todirisca
03-29-2012, 03:26 PM
Thank you Andy you did a very damn good job really!!!!
A very good job with the feeds especially with FOG i can select first which category and after install.

igor07
03-29-2012, 06:47 PM
Love this update :D Thanks !

Xowi
03-31-2012, 05:59 AM
Fantastic!

Will upgrade this week-end.

Thanks Andy

Badger
03-31-2012, 11:34 AM
Anyone using the FOG feeds I just noticed a pretty big error. It is pulling games from the entire FOG database instead of FGFYW so you may find some sitelock games that do not work and also games that FOG does not own. This is a fault on FOGs end. Not Andys. It will be sorted ASAP. Also Andy the other thing you mentioned will be sorted asap. I have been out of the office for a few days but it will get done.

Bad Wolf
03-31-2012, 12:01 PM
Anyone using the FOG feeds I just noticed a pretty big error. It is pulling games from the entire FOG database instead of FGFYW so you may find some sitelock games that do not work and also games that FOG does not own. This is a fault on FOGs end. Not Andys. It will be sorted ASAP. Also Andy the other thing you mentioned will be sorted asap. I have been out of the office for a few days but it will get done.

Are you working for FOG now Badger?

Badger
03-31-2012, 12:06 PM
Always have been Bad Wolf I just try and keep work and play separate.
Started playing with AV shortly after getting my job at FOG to learn more about the arcade industry and how everything works :)

Bad Wolf
03-31-2012, 03:55 PM
Always have been Bad Wolf I just try and keep work and play separate.
Started playing with AV shortly after getting my job at FOG to learn more about the arcade industry and how everything works :)

Wow cool job bro! Yes, I remember well when you came to the arcade industry as a site owner. Do you still run Badger Likes Games? I havent heard you mention that site since you picked up P.D.G.

Anyway back on topic lol. It is good to know the we have an AVA user that has a direct connection to our new game feed. Maybe we can actually have one now thats going to stay working. And have some kind of response from the company when its not. Poor Andy has gone through hell with some of these guys.

mikestar20
03-31-2012, 04:00 PM
Hi, this should be included in the update -
Delete image and file from database when a game is deleted from Submissions.

Badger
03-31-2012, 04:47 PM
Wow cool job bro! Yes, I remember well when you came to the arcade industry as a site owner. Do you still run Badger Likes Games? I havent heard you mention that site since you picked up P.D.G.

Anyway back on topic lol. It is good to know the we have an AVA user that has a direct connection to our new game feed. Maybe we can actually have one now thats going to stay working. And have some kind of response from the company when its not. Poor Andy has gone through hell with some of these guys.

It was actually me that asked Andy to put our feeds into this script lol. Since then we have worked together a fair bit, mainly him finding issues on our end and us fixing them lol. But yeah FGFYW is one of my babies, I will be taking care of it and doing everything in my power to make it one of the best (working) feeds possible. Once we fully complete the feeds you guys may even get a simple version of our high score API... at some point lol
I still have BadgerLikesGames but I see that as something I learned from, the domain will expire pretty soon. PlayDefenseGames is the only one of my own that I'm working on right now. Also started that one from scratch, well from a new domain and AV Script lol. But it seems to be going OK so far :)

rocknroller
04-01-2012, 10:30 AM
thanks for update. Btw why you think playtomic feed does not work? First few games on list does not it's true but look

http://www.pohrani.com/f/1o/5l/30tAQMrS/wwwonlineigricenet-2012-.jpg

Irvin
04-02-2012, 05:36 PM
everything works fine except for the date and some settings that dont get saved when i press "Save Settings". How can i fix this issue??

Thanks In Advance

Andy
04-03-2012, 02:53 PM
Were you running version 5.5? Or a previous version? If you were running 5.5 was the date option working before?

korabeca
04-04-2012, 08:49 PM
Nice job I like the new changes

d22009
04-07-2012, 04:34 PM
Andy were do i put the template update ?

zaza
04-07-2012, 06:13 PM
I enter my license key but it dont works... why????????

lee605
04-07-2012, 08:59 PM
Nice release Andy!

thewolfydragon
04-08-2012, 02:36 PM
odd.

i uploaded the admin files and the other files and replaced everything.. i uploaded the install folder to upgrade..

but i get errors trying to upgrade from 5.5.1 to 5.6

AV Arcade: Upgrade from 5.5+
Error on sql 1: Table 'ava_spil' already exists

what do i do?

Andy
04-08-2012, 02:57 PM
Please ask for support in the support forum, it's hard to keep track in here.

thewolfydragon - If the table ava_spil already exists you must have already tried to run the installer at least once before. You likely got another error when you first tried. Is your site working fine?

Mukelo
04-13-2012, 07:05 PM
This is how I fixed the foreign character problem, I have still an older version of AV Arcade installed (no mb_strlen check), but this can be easily adapted to the new code.

$str = utf8_encode(substr(utf8_decode($str), 0, $len));
$str = substr($str,0,strrpos($str,' '));
$str = $str."…";
}
return $str;
}

For SEO reasons, I have added a check for a whitespace so that the string will not be stripped in the middle of a word.

EDIT: the important part is:

$str = utf8_encode(substr(utf8_decode($str), 0, $len));

For foreign characters, in core.php

global $setting;

$str = substr($str, 0, $len)."…";
else
$str = mb_substr($str, 0, $len, 'UTF-8')."…";
}
return $str;
}

replaced with this code makes it work by default, no "�".

global $setting;

$str = mb_substr($str, 0, $len, 'UTF-8')."…";
}
return $str;
}

ArcadeArena
04-16-2012, 09:58 AM
Thank you for the update!

belami25
04-16-2012, 06:58 PM
Why it requires a password to open the zip file while I am a customer?
Before, there was no password to open the zip file, with previous updates, so why now?
give me an explanation, or give me the password, thank you

mikestar20
04-17-2012, 07:06 PM
Is it required to run installer for updates?
Also, I'm on 5.5. Is it necessary to update to 5.5.1 and then to 5.6?
What should be upgraded first - template or av ?

Andy
04-18-2012, 07:04 PM
belami - There's no password on the zip

mikestar - You need to run the installer for major updates. Look in the readme, it'll tell you what to do.

OsiriX
04-21-2012, 03:09 PM
Hello

I've just found a small bug. It's actually also in all previous versions of the script.
It's in includes/misc/search.php, the code on line 26 and 27.

$sql = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM ava_games WHERE description like \"%$trimmed%\" OR name like \"%$trimmed%\" AND published=1
ORDER BY id DESC LIMIT $from, $template[games_per_page]");

Now it's also showing the games which are not-published when the descriptions is like the search-term.

It should be:

$sql = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM ava_games WHERE (description like \"%$trimmed%\" OR name like \"%$trimmed%\") AND published=1
ORDER BY id DESC LIMIT $from, $template[games_per_page]");

Irvin
04-22-2012, 05:48 AM
Were you running version 5.5? Or a previous version? If you were running 5.5 was the date option working before?

No, since i upgraded to 5.4 and up the date option wasnt working. Also some of the settings on the settings page dont get saved when i press on "Save Settings"

abderrezak31
04-23-2012, 11:05 AM
i can't download the version from my customer area ?

how do i get the version ?

Andy
04-23-2012, 02:15 PM
What's the problem, can you not log-in? Or not see the download?

juegosjoy
04-30-2012, 05:56 PM
Hello andy, i cant login to Customers area, my email and password is correct bur say "No records Found" if i try to resend my password, the email never arrive.

Thanks!

05-02-2012, 10:17 PM
After some time away from this scene, i am pleasently suprised with all the great updates in the latest installment of this script Andy. Great work as always man

Bad Wolf
05-03-2012, 01:15 AM
After some time away from this scene, i am pleasently suprised with all the great updates in the latest installment of this script Andy. Great work as always man

Hey iMage, ur site is down bro. I got a suspended account page when I followed your link.

Gemelo
06-10-2012, 07:39 AM
This is great guys,i was pretty helpful back in March.I would like you bring more new Templates,i boried of the old ones.Anyway..keep doing this creat job!