PDA

View Full Version : AV Arcade Pro 5.3 Released

Andy
11-16-2010, 03:10 PM
AV Arcade Pro 5.3 is now available to all customers on the store. This update brings the following features and refinements:

New game feeds:

Playtomic
Flash Game Distribution
Kongregate

New look admin panel, neater and refined
Pagination on members list, search and news
Specify extra limits to the mochi feed
Order games by category in the admin panel
Profile 'interests' reinstated
Report game returned to nicer inline popup
Support for mochi games with multiple leaderboards
Ability to delete highscores from the front-end
Option to turn off downloading tags from mochi
Deleting a game gives option to delete files from server
Deleting a user will delete all their data and avatar
Deleting a category will ask you to move its games into another
Support for DCR games, images and iframe web pages
Uploading an avatar replaces previous file
Search while typing on selected admin pages and a new admin global search
File grab: Enter a url and download a file from an external source when adding a game
Maintenence mode
Clickable link in registration email
Cut-out downloading feed to server (admin/tmp folder)
Dates and thumbnails in the RSS feed
New fullscreen mode for flash games
Other minor fixes

AV Arcade Pro 5.3 does not require updates to templates or languages though you will need to reinstall modifications you've made to the core script.

Customer area: http://www.avscripts.net/store/customers/index.php?task=my_packages&tab=packages

Updates post beta 2: Last reported bugs fixed, option to turn off new fullscreen mode. Highscore issues still potentially persist and need further investigation.

Cheers for the support,
Andy

babegamer
11-16-2010, 03:33 PM
is it safe to just update without backup??

anything change affect SERP??

will it make the site load slower??

Andy
11-16-2010, 03:38 PM
I always advise a backup although I really doubt it will break anything. As ever, it's at your discretion.

There's no reason that this update would effect SERP or slow down the site.

babegamer
11-16-2010, 03:49 PM
just upgrade and it has some problem in admin panel (Firefox browser)

All tabs are showed without mouse over

11-16-2010, 03:51 PM
just installed and no issues at all,was very simple.. great work Andy

i have one question tho i am configuring the FGD feed thing,and it asks for "access hash" im looking on FGD and cant seem to find that

alonjx
11-16-2010, 03:56 PM
thx Andy, that awesome update!

Andy
11-16-2010, 04:01 PM
just upgrade and it has some problem in admin panel (Firefox browser)

All tabs are showed without mouse over

Clear your cache, make sure the admin css file uploaded.

@iMage - it's in the same place as the client ID. As long as you've set up the API, click 'View' next to your site and it shows all the details

babegamer
11-16-2010, 04:08 PM
cool, just clear cache. Why FGD don't have Update Feed button?? I add Access has and CID but then it only show Feed Setting button.

Andy
11-16-2010, 04:12 PM
FGD pushes games to your site from their end rather than you requesting an update. New games appear as they are added.

11-16-2010, 04:29 PM
Thanks Andy found it.. FGD still pops out an error on the admin panel in the feed now and again.. but all is working great

loogames
11-16-2010, 04:56 PM
I am using 5.2 version and want to upgrade to 5.3.
Can I keep my 5.2 red templeate files OR I have to use the new one?
Thanks

whiteshark
11-16-2010, 04:58 PM
hmm i see by Downloads current version the 5.3 version from 09/24/2010
is that the goodone for the update?

11-16-2010, 05:15 PM
I am using 5.2 version and want to upgrade to 5.3.
Can I keep my 5.2 red templeate files OR I have to use the new one?
Thanks

Read the update files included in the package,it explains in detail what you need to do to upgrade.Is very simple really.. and doesnt touch your templates... if you have 3rd party mods installed you will have to reinstall most of those tho

whiteshark
11-16-2010, 06:25 PM
Oke i found it .
Thnx Andy great work :)

alkber
11-16-2010, 07:09 PM
Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/mygame/public_html/admin/includes/manage_games_ajax.php on line 44

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/mygame/public_html/includes/core.php on line 174
when installing playtomic or Kongregate games

GoalieGuy6
11-16-2010, 07:17 PM
AV Arcade Pro 5.3 is not available to all customers on the store. This update brings the following features and refinements:

Lol is this supposed to say now available or are some of us not receiving the update? :P

11-16-2010, 07:20 PM
on mine it said something just like 'latest version' or soemthing Goalie

Andy
11-16-2010, 08:49 PM
Hah, nice spot on the typo.

chrismr3000
11-17-2010, 12:03 AM
YES! And what perfect timing andy ;)

SellerzJ
11-17-2010, 01:45 AM
I'm getting the same issue everyone on beta was getting. Highscores load the entire page where the highscore is supposed to be. Was there a fix to this?

-----------------

Also getting the MySQL error someone above was getting -

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in

-----------------

Also getting this on "next" on current highscores -

Warning: mysql_result(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in includes/view_game/highscores.inc.php on line 35

Andy
11-17-2010, 11:29 AM
Sellerz, could I have full access to your site? Really would like to find out why this happens.

Also, what browser are you using?

guinatal
11-17-2010, 04:36 PM
Andy, you need to put in the readme file to upload the image smallx.png, otherwise people will not know.

My language is Portuguese and my rss contains words with accents and special characters. I'm using the application of google to read RSS.
But the special characters appear garbled. How to fix this?

Thanks! *.*

edztra
11-18-2010, 11:39 AM
Just installed 5.3. It looks like the layout for the admin site is not working in Google Chrome I'm using version 7.0.517.44. It looks great in firefox but in chrome it's all messed up.

http://edztragames.com/images/avarcade.jpg

Andy
11-18-2010, 11:44 AM
Clear your cache/hard-refresh the page.

NetMediaDesign
11-18-2010, 11:53 AM
Hello, i have some problem, like this
Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/desenele/public_html/jocuri.fr/admin/includes/manage_games_ajax.php on line 44

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/desenele/public_html/jocuri.fr/includes/core.php on line 174
when i want to add a game from Kongregate, only one game work's fine.

And this You have not setup your config file yet. Please edit config.php.
when i acces FlashGameDistribution, i need an invitation to create an account, who can help me?

And on mochi feed when i click on updatei recieved this error
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 71 bytes) in /home/desenele/public_html/jocuri.fr/admin/includes/download_feed.php on line 18

Thank's i hope you can help me to resolv my problem

edztra
11-18-2010, 12:19 PM
Clear your cache/hard-refresh the page.

Thanks! That did the trick. Stupid me..

Andy
11-18-2010, 12:46 PM
Hello, i have some problem, like this
Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/desenele/public_html/jocuri.fr/admin/includes/manage_games_ajax.php on line 44

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/desenele/public_html/jocuri.fr/includes/core.php on line 174
when i want to add a game from Kongregate, only one game work's fine.

And this You have not setup your config file yet. Please edit config.php.
when i acces FlashGameDistribution, i need an invitation to create an account, who can help me?

And on mochi feed when i click on updatei recieved this error
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 71 bytes) in /home/desenele/public_html/jocuri.fr/admin/includes/download_feed.php on line 18

Thank's i hope you can help me to resolv my problem

For the mysql error, here's a patch: http://www.avscripts.net/fix.php.zip

Unzip, upload to your AV Arcade directory, then go to yoursite.com/fix.php. Delete the file afterward.

You can fgd up to FGD here: http://www.flashgamelicense.com/signup.php?type=developer

And the last error, you should lower the amount of games you are trying to fetch in the feed settings.

Andy
11-18-2010, 12:47 PM
From here on please ask for help in the support forum rather than in this topic.

ipodman
11-18-2010, 01:55 PM
Andy,

Great work - I've just been playing with it locally so far and I'm impressed well done!

Dan

NetMediaDesign
11-18-2010, 04:34 PM
Thank's Andy i solve all problem, but i can't find Access hash for FGD

editfish
11-18-2010, 05:02 PM
Awesome upgrade, thank you!!!!!!!

helena
11-19-2010, 09:01 AM
i dont see the download for 5.3

kylegamer
11-19-2010, 09:38 AM
i didn't test the update yet but just want to let you know that when i loged in my admin area and saw the news about 5.3 update and clicked "To find out more click here" it took me to a 5.2.2 thread so you might wanna fix that link so people don't get confused :)

babegamer
11-19-2010, 04:42 PM
anyone know where to buy template support 5.3 version??

Costin
11-19-2010, 08:17 PM
Thanks for update, Andy

Evilfox
11-20-2010, 06:03 PM
just awesome, I'm still working on 5.2 and now I have to update becouse I'm very intrested in the new features. ;)

I have to backup all my changes :o but, it's ok.

zone01
11-21-2010, 11:29 AM
Just finished the upgrade from 5.2.3 to 5.3. Everything worked just fine. Thank Andy.

kinder5000
11-21-2010, 09:10 PM
i need help i get this message when i try to get the mochi update feed:

Warning: fopen(tmp/mochi-json.txt) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/golumpa/public_html/ihubgames.com/2/admin/includes/download_feed.php on line 30

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/golumpa/public_html/ihubgames.com/2/admin/includes/download_feed.php on line 31

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/golumpa/public_html/ihubgames.com/2/admin/includes/download_feed.php on line 32
Mochi feed downloaded to local server. Processing file into database...

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/golumpa/public_html/ihubgames.com/2/admin/includes/download_feed.php on line 47
0 games added to database

chrismr3000
11-21-2010, 09:20 PM
i need help i get this message when i try to get the mochi update feed:

Sorry, we dolt help arseheads who used nulled avarcade :)