PDA

View Full Version : Interactive Tag Cloud

frozendrone
09-27-2010, 02:50 PM
http://www.roytanck.com/tag-cloud/

We could implement this type of tag cloud in av arcade . i tried but im still a noob at php .:)

Chuckun
09-28-2010, 02:42 AM
I use this on my webmaster blog.. I advise against. The troubles I've had with it are unreal. If I wasnt so lazy I'd've gone back to text by now.

barytone
09-28-2010, 02:50 AM
Tag related question: How do you do to have tags with different colors?
:rolleyes:

GoalieGuy6
09-29-2010, 12:18 AM
Find the file that generates the tags, and have it choose a color for each tag along with the font size.

frozendrone
09-29-2010, 01:18 AM
can we get back to the topic ?

tamer
09-29-2010, 04:06 AM
Tomorrow I will post here a mod to show how is possible to change the boring tags to something attractive.
Look at my site, left sidebar below categorie:
http://www.best-flashgame.com/av52/

Regards!

frozendrone
09-29-2010, 07:02 AM
tamer u implemented my idea ! can u share the mod for flash tag cloud ?

tamer
09-29-2010, 12:21 PM
Yes, later I'll post the mod and show how can anyone have flash tag clouds using the wordpress plugin without changing many files. just two files and then all the tags are generated automatically from the admin panel and no need to edit manually.

leoseo
09-29-2010, 12:37 PM
Aren't tags more about better indexing of the website hence making it in a non bot readable format(flash) rather pointless?

Chuckun
09-29-2010, 01:54 PM
Indeed - however, sitemaps are better for tags tbh..

Jack

frozendrone
09-29-2010, 03:48 PM
Aren't tags more about better indexing of the website hence making it in a non bot readable format(flash) rather pointless?

all major search engines including google can index flash text .:)

Indeed - however, sitemaps are better for tags tbh..

Jack

sitemaps are a complete map of of your links , so yeah , it is helpful .

tamer
09-30-2010, 06:38 AM
I dont know but I try many many times to add the new mod(tag cloud) and give me error
Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Bad Wolf
09-30-2010, 12:23 PM
I dont know but I try many many times to add the new mod(tag cloud) and give me error
Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Yea sometimes that happens not sure why though. Keep trying, but if you continue to have trouble getting the mod online shoot me or GoalieGuy6 a PM(please include the subject line so we know its you). We can post this mod to our forum till you can resolve this matter here if you like.

Also I would make this mod its own thread or else it will get lost forever amoung the thousands of threads on this site.

frozendrone
09-30-2010, 12:31 PM
Yea sometimes that happens not sure why though. Keep trying, but if you continue to have trouble getting the mod online shoot me or GoalieGuy6 a PM(please include the subject line so we know its you). We can post this mod to our forum till you can resolve this matter here if you like.

Also I would make this mod its own thread or else it will get lost forever amoung the thousands of threads on this site.

can we collaborate on this ? :)

you can make a new thread when this is done ;)

Bad Wolf
09-30-2010, 01:09 PM
can we collaborate on this ? :)

you can make a new thread when this is done ;)

In what way bro? tamer has made the mod from what I understand. He is just having trouble downloading the files to this site. For some reason it happens from time to time. I have had it happen as well as others. It must be a bug in the system someplace. I am offering our forum to post this mod to until it can be uploaded to this forum. But if there is anything else E.C.S. can do we will be happy to help.

frozendrone
09-30-2010, 03:58 PM
In what way bro? tamer has made the mod from what I understand. He is just having trouble downloading the files to this site. For some reason it happens from time to time. I have had it happen as well as others. It must be a bug in the system someplace. I am offering our forum to post this mod to until it can be uploaded to this forum. But if there is anything else E.C.S. can do we will be happy to help.

forget it ;)

tamer
09-30-2010, 05:37 PM
I did it at the end.
Bad wolf, thanks for offering your forum to post my mod. I was investigating the problem and I've noticed that is a php code that I could not add to post do to the security measures. I will contact Andy for this issue.
Thanks again and If you like this mod, then copy it to your site 'copy rightfully' ;)
Best regards!