PDA

View Full Version : Site performance with AV Arcade

OsiriX
07-15-2010, 11:33 AM
Hello

I'm currently with Hawkhost. The uptime and service is good, but I'm not quite sure if the load time is good enough.

So my question to you guys, what is the site performance of your AV Arcade website and where is it hosted.

Could you please post this:
- The average load time of your AV Arcade website according to Webmaster Tools
- Where is your website hosted
- What hosting-package

I think it would be great to have an overview of where the AV Arcade script is performing well.

Thanks

-M-A-R-K-
07-15-2010, 01:17 PM
Webmaster tools says my site loads up in 11seconds (Last Update: May 29th)

So quite slow :p

I'm hosted with RubyRingTech and my plan is 15GB Bandwidth, 5GB Disk Space

Marl
07-15-2010, 04:15 PM
I have a customized VPS from Quickweb, 10GB DS and 300GB BW, my sites seems loading fast and fine here even though it's DC is from TX and I am from Asia. That Webmaster tool is that the one from Google? I have analytics activated but not that tool, maybe will consider that one.

salvador
07-15-2010, 04:27 PM
hi,

quick suggestion:
it would be good, if you could state you seo mode with the performance values.

i.e. seo mode 2 issues a lot more queries in an unmodified 5.1.4 than seo mode 1 or 0.

just to ensure better comparability.

regards,
thomas.

Marl
07-15-2010, 05:08 PM
I forgot I already have added the site on Google Webmaster Tools :

Performance overview

On average, pages in your site take 7.7 seconds to load (updated on Jul 7, 2010). This is slower than 89% of sites. These estimates are of low accuracy (fewer than 100 data points). The chart below shows how your site's average page load time has changed over the last few months. For your reference, it also shows the 20th percentile value across all sites, separating slow and fast load times.

CyrusKafaiWu
07-15-2010, 06:27 PM
7.3 seconds to load and I am on eleven2.com

OsiriX
07-15-2010, 10:30 PM
Isn't that way too slow? I mean, in Marl's case, it's slower than 89% of sites. That's very slow in my opinion. My arcade is about the same and I'm with Hawkhost.
But how does this come?
Does it has anything to do with AV Arcade or is it the same with other arcade scripts?

Chuckun
07-15-2010, 10:38 PM
Webmaster tools is junk for that.. I've had reports saying it's slower than 100% of sites.. When in fact it's just google having trouble loading things like facebook like plugins, banner exchange links, etc..

Instead of looking at the performance tab, look in the diagnostics at crawl stats - that gives you a better idea.. Max download time on my pages is perfect.

CyrusKafaiWu
07-15-2010, 10:44 PM
Just compress the image thumbnails, enable gzip compression, get rid of spacing in css/js or compress (just look for ga generator). and you guys are done.

Marl
07-15-2010, 10:54 PM
I don't think its accurate. Though, I also have other Wordpress site with much "slower" report, just to compare it by AV :

On average, pages in your site take 12.3 seconds to load (updated on Jun 2, 2010). This is slower than 97% of sites. These estimates are of low accuracy (fewer than 100 data points). The chart below shows how your site's average page load time has changed over the last few months. For your reference, it also shows the 20th percentile value across all sites, separating slow and fast load times.

lfhost
07-16-2010, 12:03 AM
If you want to see how fast your server loads your page, rather than how long it takes google to fetch it, you can create a simple page load timer.

in index.php add

$benchmark_start = microtime(true);

after

<?php

add

$benchmark_end = microtime(true);
$benchmark = $benchmark_end - $benchmark_start;
echo "<!-- Script Execution Time: " . $benchmark . "-->";

above

?>

Load your site in a browser and then do a view source and at the bottom will be the render time.

But page load time, isnt really a baring on the server resources a script is using.

You could check memory used by adding

echo "<!-- Final: ".memory_get_usage()."bytes | ";
echo "Peak: ".memory_get_peak_usage()."bytes -->";

in index.php above

?>

That will show how much memory it is consuming to load the page, you can view it same as above (view source).

You might also want to count how many queries it takes to generate a page, so you know the amount of calls/hits the db is taking.

OsiriX
07-16-2010, 10:53 AM
Webmaster tools is junk for that.. I've had reports saying it's slower than 100% of sites.. When in fact it's just google having trouble loading things like facebook like plugins, banner exchange links, etc..

Instead of looking at the performance tab, look in the diagnostics at crawl stats - that gives you a better idea.. Max download time on my pages is perfect.

But it is important because google is using the page speed as a SERP factor.

Chuckun
07-16-2010, 06:03 PM
But it is important because google is using the page speed as a SERP factor.
Really? o.0 That's totally unfair.. That performance check says some of my pages take 49seconds to load - when I've NEVER seen them take that long even when my connection is poor.. =/

MeGustaGames
07-17-2010, 05:16 PM
I am at 5.6 seconds with Domain.com hosting.

OsiriX
07-18-2010, 05:44 PM
Anyone's site is faster?

Mircea007
07-18-2010, 06:00 PM
my site loads 5.4 seconds acording to google webmaster but acording to iweb it loads in 4.2 seconds :D

OsiriX
07-23-2010, 10:21 AM
More site performances? :p

nickcarswell
07-27-2010, 08:32 PM
3.1 Seconds - But i do live in the middle of nowhere so probably quicker elsewhere.

CyrusKafaiWu
07-28-2010, 02:14 AM
its based off google webmaster tools not your broswer.

ipodman
07-28-2010, 09:10 AM
Google Web is telling me my site loads in 6.7 seconds. When I load it myself, the only thing that takes a while to load is the sidebar.

Marl
07-28-2010, 11:28 AM
Here's other tool to check loading time : http://tools.pingdom.com/

Costin
07-28-2010, 11:46 AM
6.9 seconds to load... and I use hawkhost.com, first hosting-package.
OsiriX, I'm thinking to change hosting service. I want something faster.

salvador
08-07-2010, 07:58 PM
hi,

i am unable to tell. i added the site to webmaster tools, but it does not show any load time. hmm, i tried another site and this brings up an analysis for that site.

however i am able to say, that i recently sped http://powergam.es up over 40&#37; according to yslow.

i believe it is quite fast, however there is still good potential for improvement.

regards,
thomas.

santiagorooks
08-08-2010, 02:37 AM
My site's load time is ok. The only thing is i have one of those crappy school computers and with the old av arcade when the script was simpler i could play on my own website, but now it the new av arcade i can only play games on fullscreen mode. On my mom's ,dad's ,and sister's computer my site runs and loads up pretty fast. I use hostgator