PDA

View Full Version : I need a couple of beta testers

gameadder
06-09-2010, 08:09 PM
I'm creating a site to make it easy for people to add games to their arcades and I need a couple of people who are willing to test it out for me.

It works like the mochi but I've currently got games from Mochi, Kongregate and Heyzap. Others soon.

I have the back end done and need some beta testers.

It currently works with both AV Arcade Pro and Free.

If you can check it out I would appreciate it. Let me know what you think here or there. I'm still working on the web site so please ignore the main page and a couple of missing pages.

http://www.gameadder.com/games.php

If you're interested in doing some testing let me know and I'll send you a link to register.

thanks
Jim

fluffedup
06-09-2010, 09:05 PM
Ill help test this out :), its a good idea. Expanding on existing game sources.

2dum2kno
06-10-2010, 12:39 AM
Help everyone out, and dont let jigsaw and those crappy dressup games in the listings, it ruins your service

Bad Wolf
06-10-2010, 02:04 AM
Yea I would really be interested in trying it out. Send me the data bro! :)

gameadder
06-10-2010, 04:15 AM
2dum2kno: It's not my thing either but I don't think I want to limit the options.

You can just select the categories you want to see. Maybe later I'll add the ability to setup a default filter for the user.

Bad Wolf, fluffedup: I PMed you the registration info.

gameadder
06-10-2010, 04:27 AM
I'm going to start a similar thread in the AV Arcade free forums.

I'd like to get a couple of the them to try it also.

If this is a problem go ahead and delete the other post.

soccercrazy195
06-10-2010, 06:24 AM
I'll help test it out.

loopingan1988
06-28-2010, 03:42 AM
sounds fun I'll help

belly59
06-28-2010, 01:07 PM
Still need testers? I'll help out.

Just another suggestion but why not talk to Andy about intergrating this into the backend of AVArcade. I personally would love to see this added and I think many others would too.

He mentioned somewhere that people with MODs that want to share them with him to put into the next release could get some reward for doing so.

salvador
06-28-2010, 03:38 PM
hi,

the idea is quite nice and the available 33k games is a massive list to check.

i suggest to add the info, what a 'non-trial'-account is going to cost (free trial to add 25 games is nice, but it suggests, that it is a paid service for more intense use.).

in addition i suggest filters by rating, i.e. include games with rating 1,2,3,...9 minimum.
this way, one can choose easily the minimum rating and may even combine it with other attributes. currently it seems one has to select the filters and sort by rating.

finally i would be interested, HOW you will add the game to foreign arcades. is it placing an interface-php, like mochis autpost? how is the adding secured? are keys used,...
after all, everybody could access proxies to add whatever they want to the arcades db. if it is not well protected, the whole idea will fail, imho.

regards,
thomas.

gameadder
07-02-2010, 05:06 AM
Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. Life grabbed hold of me for the past couple of weeks.

belly59:
If you want to try/test it, just go to the site and create an account.

It isn't a mod for AV Arcade but is general purpose so it will work with any arcade script.

salvador:
Thanks for your thoughts.

Filtering by ratings is definitely a future feature. Along with allowing arcade masters to rate the games and filter/sort by the number of arcades a game was added to.

There is a downloaded file that works in a similar way to the Mochi autopost. In fact you can point Mochi to the file and it will add the game but the info will come from my database not from Mochi.

I understand the concern for security.

First level: The name of the downloaded file is unique for each site. Implemented.

Second level: Only accept commands from my site. Not yet implemented. This isn't perfect but it's a level. (I just realized the Mochi autopost feature could be used to spam an arcade. Probably need to test that it's coming from Mochi and a throttle.)

Third level: asymmetric public key encryption. This is probably the ultimate means of security. Not yet implemented.

The PHP file is open to look at. It can do only limited things. Add a record. update a record, read from a table and upload a file. It can't delete.

The reason I haven't defined the non-trial account is because I haven't decided.

Option 1: A very limited free trial. ex: You can add 25 games. Then you pay $xx per year to add as many as you want to a site. Plus $x for additional sites.

Option 2: A free version with advertising, limited game sources, fewer filter/sorting options and only able to add a x games per day.
With a paid premium option that let's you add games from all the sources and have some automation. Add all games rated higher then 5 in the shooting category... Game packs. etc.

or ... (except completely free.:rolleyes:)

salvador
07-03-2010, 12:13 PM
hi.

sounds good.

as the posting php is open, i do not care much, as i can check/change it, if required.

i agree, third level would be best, but it might very well be sufficient to just assign some key to the user, that it is hard checked in the according php on user site.

easy to implement and no impact on performance.

for convenience, your site could generate the complete php for the user as it is downloaded.

most 'half time' attacker would have no idea or at least not the possibility to get the required key to directly call the php on user site.

regards,
thomas.