PDA

View Full Version : Working Sitemap Mod

mathd09
05-16-2010, 03:25 AM
Hello,

Does anybody here have a working sitemap Mod that they would like to share? I've searched all over the existing threads right in this forum but nothing seems to be working.

I'd appreciate any help. :)

PS I'm using the latest AVArcade Pro 5.1.4, SEO on and uses trailing / at the end of permalinks.

Chuckun
05-16-2010, 03:41 AM
The Auto Sitemap Mod 2 that you seem to be having trouble with does work..

I have noticed that google is crawling my sitemap a LOT slower than it used to, but it does work.. Google hasn't seen one error in my sitemap...

Try redownloading and reinstalling the mod, perhaps?

Jack

mathd09
05-16-2010, 03:51 AM
The Auto Sitemap Mod 2 that you seem to be having trouble with does work..

I have noticed that google is crawling my sitemap a LOT slower than it used to, but it does work.. Google hasn't seen one error in my sitemap...

Try redownloading and reinstalling the mod, perhaps?

Jack

When opened into the browser /sitemap.php does not work, /sitemap.xml works. I don't know what else you're saying, maybe we have a different mod.:confused:

2dum2kno
05-16-2010, 04:33 AM
you use sitemap.xml to load, sitemap.php is just the raw file ran by sitemap.xml :D

mathd09
05-16-2010, 04:50 AM
you use sitemap.xml to load, sitemap.php is just the raw file ran by sitemap.xml :D

Of course. I know that!!! (Duh):rolleyes:

Can anybody explain this error?

Warnings 367
Invalid XML tag
This tag was not recognized. Please fix it and resubmit.
Parent tag: urlset
Tag: br
Problem detected on: May 15, 2010
Warnings 368
Invalid XML tag
Tag: b
Warnings 368
Invalid XML tag
Warnings 368
Invalid XML tag
Warnings 368
Invalid XML tag

This is what this sitemap mod is boasting all over this thread. It doesn't work! Okay!

Chuckun
05-16-2010, 04:56 AM
I inspected your xml and php files, and the problem lies here:

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home5/softwba1/public_html/flashgamesavenue/sitemap.php on line 110

I'd say it's a broken game myself.. if it's down to mysql_fetch_array() not being a valid result resource then it's because there's no information to grab. Which in real terms means that either a game ID, category, or name, etc is missing..

It's not the mod that is broken..

Jack

mathd09
05-16-2010, 05:32 AM
I inspected your xml and php files, and the problem lies here:

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home5/softwba1/public_html/flashgamesavenue/sitemap.php on line 110

I'd say it's a broken game myself.. if it's down to mysql_fetch_array() not being a valid result resource then it's because there's no information to grab. Which in real terms means that either a game ID, category, or name, etc is missing..

It's not the mod that is broken..

Jack

Hi,

Somebody told me that there was a missing category and I already removed it but nothing works. What do you recommend? Remove all games? all categories? :confused:

Chuckun
05-16-2010, 07:48 AM
Are you comfortable using phpmyadmin? If not, send me a PM with a temp password to your cPanel and I'll do it for you, if you are, then do this:

Go into phpMyAdmin, select your arcade database, and browse the ava_games table (browse rows, not view structure)..

Then order the results by category id ascending.. see if any of them are missing their category ID data.. (if they have a "0" instead of "101" etc, then they should be okay, as a few of mine are listed as "0" in the category ID and mine doesn't screw up..)

List these games' names in notepad or something, and then in your admin panel, search for the games and put them into appropriate categories.. See if that helps..

However, if you have any that have "0" in the category ID column, then you should still categorise them.. Do this by going to http://www.YOURSITE.com/cat/0/no_category/newest-1.html, and editing each of the games.. It's a lot easier than searching for them all :p

mathd09
05-16-2010, 09:15 AM
Are you comfortable using phpmyadmin? If not, send me a PM with a temp password to your cPanel and I'll do it for you, if you are, then do this:

Go into phpMyAdmin, select your arcade database, and browse the ava_games table (browse rows, not view structure)..

Then order the results by category id ascending.. see if any of them are missing their category ID data.. (if they have a "0" instead of "101" etc, then they should be okay, as a few of mine are listed as "0" in the category ID and mine doesn't screw up..)

List these games' names in notepad or something, and then in your admin panel, search for the games and put them into appropriate categories.. See if that helps..

However, if you have any that have "0" in the category ID column, then you should still categorise them.. Do this by going to http://www.YOURSITE.com/cat/0/no_category/newest-1.html, and editing each of the games.. It's a lot easier than searching for them all :p

Hi,

I just did what you suggested but there wasn't any missing cat ID that I've found on phpmyadmin. :(

Chuckun
05-16-2010, 09:47 AM
Hi,

I just did what you suggested but there wasn't any missing cat ID that I've found on phpmyadmin. :(
Try arranging all the columns like I said, one at a time, see if there's anything missing that should be there? The error you're getting suggests there's a field missing..

EDIT: I am right your error code was pointing to line 110, which is:

$fetchcat = mysql_fetch_array(mysql_query("SELECT name FROM ava_cats WHERE id=$catid"));

So what's happening is one of the games is pointing to a category that doesn't exist..

I will make a quick script for you now which will pull out any games with an invalid category..

Sorry, I haven't slept all night and I'm having a reeeaally dull moment.. My mind's too scattered xD. Lemme grab a coffee and try again lol..

Chuckun
05-16-2010, 10:39 AM
Okey I just can't figure out what I'm doing lol.. It's definitely an error in one of the games' rows pointing to an invalid category though..

mathd09
05-16-2010, 10:44 AM
Try arranging all the columns like I said, one at a time, see if there's anything missing that should be there? The error you're getting suggests there's a field missing..

EDIT: I am right your error code was pointing to line 110, which is:

$fetchcat = mysql_fetch_array(mysql_query("SELECT name FROM ava_cats WHERE id=$catid"));

So what's happening is one of the games is pointing to a category that doesn't exist..

I will make a quick script for you now which will pull out any games with an invalid category..

Sorry, I haven't slept all night and I'm having a reeeaally dull moment.. My mind's too scattered xD. Lemme grab a coffee and try again lol..

Thanks for your time. I appreciate it. Will be waiting for your script.

Chuckun
05-16-2010, 11:06 AM
I might not be around for a few days now so if I don't get back to you with the script, I suggest you look closer at your games' category_id's.. Find an obscure one that isn't in category 1-16

mathd09
05-16-2010, 03:12 PM
I might not be around for a few days now so if I don't get back to you with the script, I suggest you look closer at your games' category_id's.. Find an obscure one that isn't in category 1-16

That's okay. I've made a fresh install anyway. Thanks for trying to help.:)

matican
05-16-2010, 05:19 PM
so .. please help me !
I did not understand what to do!

I have this error in webmaster tools > sitemap :
Invalid XML tag
Problem detected on: May 16, 2010
Warnings 5816
Invalid XML tag
Warnings 5816
Invalid XML tag
Warnings 5816
Invalid XML tag
Warnings 5816
Invalid XML tag

I have 2050 linies, not found 5816 line

what up ?

GoalieGuy6
05-16-2010, 05:37 PM
Would you mind providing a link to your sitemap?

matican
05-16-2010, 05:46 PM
http://www.jocuri2012.com/sitemap.php
http://www.jocuri2012.com/sitemap.xml

matican
05-16-2010, 05:50 PM
i found! deleted games?

GoalieGuy6
05-16-2010, 05:50 PM
It's having trouble getting the category data for this game.

Jocuri cu capsuni - Strawberry Shortcake Fashion Show

matican
05-16-2010, 05:51 PM
http://www.jocuri2012.com/Jocuri-de-Actiune/1542/gimme5---france.html
</loc>
<lastmod>2010-05-15</lastmod>
<changefreq>weekly</changefreq>
<priority>0.7</priority>
</url>
<br/>
<b>Warning</b>
: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in
<b>/home/jocuri20/public_html/sitemap.php</b>
on line
<b>110</b>
<br/>

<url>

<loc>
http://www.jocuri2012.com//969/Jocuri-cu-capsuni---Strawberry-Shortcake-Fashion-Show.html
</loc>
<lastmod>2010-05-15</lastmod>
<changefreq>weekly</changefreq>
<priority>0.7</priority>
</url>

<url>

matican
05-16-2010, 05:54 PM
deleted this game : Jocuri cu capsuni - Strawberry Shortcake Fashion Show
now? how do I regenerate the sitemap

GoalieGuy6
05-16-2010, 05:59 PM
I am not sure, I haven't used this mod.

fluffedup
05-16-2010, 09:56 PM
Its automatic, it should be set how often it changes the cache in the script.
If you leave it eventually the cache will update.

Something like this
$settings['cachetime'] = 60 * 60 *24 * $settings['cachedays'];

matican
05-16-2010, 10:11 PM
change in this code ?

$settings['cachetime'] = 60 * 60 *24 * $settings['cachedays'];

what change for automatly update?

fluffedup
05-16-2010, 10:26 PM
No it will automatically update by itself :) you wont have to do anything.

I was just telling you the bit of code to change if you want it to update more frequently or less.

Lukeroge
05-23-2010, 12:01 PM
change in this code ?

what change for automatly update?

I'll be able to help ya. Head into the cache folder that you made when you set up the mod and delete the files in there!