PDA

View Full Version : Mochi ad reporting

bod
05-07-2010, 12:05 AM
For those of you that are using a Mochi publishers account, have you noticed any discrepancies between the ad impressions they report and the amount of visitor your Google Analytics and avarcade tell you that you should be getting?

My arcade gets between 500 - 1000 visitors a day, with game plays in the thousands but mochi reports only about 100 - 150 ad impressions for the same period.

Does anyone know why this happens? It is rather annoying since I could potentially be making a lot more money off of mochi than I am at the moment.

Devonn
05-07-2010, 12:21 AM
First off, you will never make that much off of Mochi, unless it is your game. Are ALL of your games Mochi? ... if not you wont make money from them. Also you need to check how many users visit more then one page, some of those users will only hit up the homepage.

bod
05-07-2010, 12:30 AM
The bounce rate for my website is around 18% so most of my users are playing a more than one game. Not all of my games are mochi but I know that my most popular games are mochi and are getting played a lot more than mochi is telling me they are

Devonn
05-07-2010, 12:34 AM
Well do not depend on mochi to have a high payout, I am surprised people even worry about mochi earnings if they don't have their own game ....

GoalieGuy6
05-07-2010, 12:48 AM
Mochi has some sort of rule about only counting one ad per user in x time I think.

Btw, publishers will never make money from mochi unless they're in the first page of Google.

Devonn
05-07-2010, 01:08 AM
I have only made $10 or so using Mochi ...

Chuckun
05-07-2010, 01:14 AM
I haven't set up Mochi yet.. is it even worth me doing?

gamesmad
05-07-2010, 01:36 AM
Yes its worth doing, just don't expect it to be your main income stream from the site.

-Will

Chuckun
05-07-2010, 01:40 AM
Okay thanks.. what sort of revenue does it pull in?

Bleh... for some reason it wont verify my site.. I've tried uploading the html file and using the code verification and both times it just reloads the page :(

Bad Wolf
05-07-2010, 02:37 AM
Okay thanks.. what sort of revenue does it pull in?

Bleh... for some reason it wont verify my site.. I've tried uploading the html file and using the code verification and both times it just reloads the page :(

There is a much easier way to get verified. Go into your site root and create a file named mochi.html or what ever name they give for the file.

Then in that file paste your mochi id into it and save the file.

Now go to mochi and get verified.

Their folder is messed up I dont know if it ever has worked, But making your own does the trick!;)

Chuckun
05-07-2010, 03:42 AM
Nope, still doesn't work.. :(

SlyJesse
05-07-2010, 03:55 AM
Your mochi impressions are always going to be way off. I have a website based for mochi games and i have gotten 4000+ Impression of game plays for 40 games but only 450 in mochi :(

Only a few cents.

-M-A-R-K-
05-07-2010, 06:22 AM
$10! I aint even made 1 yet

2dum2kno
05-07-2010, 08:13 AM
First off, you will never make that much off of Mochi, unless it is your game. Are ALL of your games Mochi? ... if not you wont make money from them. Also you need to check how many users visit more then one page, some of those users will only hit up the homepage.

as ive said time and time again, as a publisher, you can actually make hundreds fast, but it takes smart know-how

a> More Users playing games
b> Premium games are key (Mochi Rev Share = $$$)
c> embed games everywhere, ESPICALLY IF ITS A PREMIUM one!

i have made money with mochi, but i also publish games, publisher for me brings in 30+ a month!

gist
01-24-2011, 09:47 PM
Simply use all of your games from mochi. Kongregate sucks if you ask me, cos you won't get nothing from them and they have in every game so big logos and they are reapeating so they will take your traffic. What considers impressions you already received answer.