PDA

View Full Version : Paid mods.

nowares
04-12-2010, 02:42 PM
Ok. It appears to be a growing trend.

Some of these paid mods seem worth buying, but not all.
You may only charge $1 or $50.... You won't sell anything unless there is value in the product.

If your thinking of posting a mod for sale... Please put some effort into it.
That means checking for security holes, full AV arcade intergration, cross-compatability and the like.

I don't like where these paid mods are going, so if I think people are posting paid mods just for the sake of it, with little of no actual value, I'll code them from scratch for free!

SlyJesse
04-12-2010, 02:46 PM
Already been discuessed and paid mods have pretty much come to a hult since it. You need to come on more :P

Andy
04-12-2010, 03:14 PM
Obviously it's up to people to decide what they feel their work is worth. But as you say, you have to make it worth the amount you're charging.

Drew
04-12-2010, 04:58 PM
Obviously it's up to people to decide what they feel their work is worth. But as you say, you have to make it worth the amount you're charging.

Yeah, most of the mods aren't that expensive, and they obviously sell if the person isn't lowering their price or anything.

nowares
04-12-2010, 09:28 PM
Well, there are still a lot of mods still in progress.
I've seen some code in one of the mods (not going to say here), but its not well coded and very insecure.

They may only be a few bucks, but it soon adds up.
I just want people to make an effort in securing them and making sure they don't break AV arcade in the process!