PDA

View Full Version : AV Arcade Pro 5.1.1/5.1.2 released

Andy
02-08-2010, 10:23 AM
Hi, bug fix time

Version 5.1.2 fixes games displaying in internet explorer which was broken by the brief release of update 5.1.1
Game plays will only be registered after 10 seconds of the page loading in an attempt to eliminate multiple plays being counted at once
PM Message counter will no longer be incorrect (if currently incorrect it will correct itself after a message is received, deleted or read)
Fixed downloading games via Mochi Autopost
Favicon included by default
Added option to filter characters for SEO:

To filter certain characters in SEO add the following to the bottom of your language file

// Converts any non-English characters used in this language to the nearest English version for SEO URLs
$language_char_conversions = 1;
$originals = "ç,æ,œ,á,é,í,ó,ú,à,è,ì,ò,ù,ä,ë,ï,ö,ü,ÿ,â,ê,î,ô,û,å, e,i,ø,u";
$replacements = "c,ae,oe,a,e,i,o,u,a,e,i,o,u,a,e,i,o,u,y,a,e,i,o,u, a,e,i,o,u";The original characters are on the first line and the replacements on the second. Characters are separated by a comma. To add new characters just add them to the end of each row.

As usual the download is availbile in your customer area, now secure at

https://www.avscripts.net/store/customers

SlyJesse
02-08-2010, 10:48 AM
Good work, i heard you where working on this on twitter lol. Any idea whats in v5.3?

Andy
02-08-2010, 11:04 AM
Not given it much thought yet. Have to decide what to add next.

SlyJesse
02-08-2010, 11:07 AM
A traffic trade system, forum, blog and mochi highscores are some major things if you wanted to think about it :P. Anyway thanks for the update.

ziziplanet
02-08-2010, 01:03 PM
Hi, bug fix time

Game plays will only be registered after 10 seconds of the page loading in an attempt to eliminate multiple plays being counted at once
PM Message counter will no longer be incorrect (if currently incorrect it will correct itself after a message is received, deleted or read)
Fixed downloading games via Mochi Autopost
Favicon included by default
Added option to filter characters for SEO:

To filter certain characters in SEO add the following to the bottom of your language file

// Converts any non-English characters used in this language to the nearest English version for SEO URLs
$originals = ",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, e,i,,u";
$replacements = "c,ae,oe,a,e,i,o,u,a,e,i,o,u,a,e,i,o,u,y,a,e,i,o,u, a,e,i,o,u"

The original characters are on the first line and the replacements on the second. Characters are separated by a comma. To add new characters just add them to the end of each row.

As usual the download is availbile in your customer area, now secure at

https://www.avscripts.net/store/customers

Woow. thanks!

from the "$originals" missing to character (ű,ő).

Chears!

elkgames
02-08-2010, 01:22 PM
Nice, but capitals are missing for these characters, like ÄÖÜ
please don´t release updates too often ... i´m afraid all my hacks won´t work any more ;)
that´s frustrating because they´re not even online yet :(

mayagames
02-08-2010, 03:15 PM
Counter now works good to me. Thanks 4 update! :)

Bad Wolf
02-08-2010, 06:18 PM
Autopost is now working like a champ! Thanx Andy:)

Costin
02-08-2010, 06:44 PM
Thanks. :)

BGFlash.org
02-08-2010, 08:51 PM
Thanks Andy !
Great work.. major thinks are fixed, keep goin' man !

soccercrazy195
02-08-2010, 09:39 PM

User submissions!!!

Andy
02-08-2010, 10:51 PM
Nice, but capitals are missing for these characters, like
please dont release updates too often ... im afraid all my hacks wont work any more ;)
thats frustrating because theyre not even online yet :(

I will update regularly but you don't have to always be running the latest version. By updating regularly at least everyone has a choice about updating.

elkgames
02-09-2010, 06:52 AM
I will update regularly but you don't have to always be running the latest version. By updating regularly at least everyone has a choice about updating.
yep thats fine.

did you think about coding an interface that would allow developers to easily integrate modules.
arcade owners would only have to put module files into a module folder (just like with templates) and include them in their template files.
Also a file in the module could manage which new options are added to the admin menu.

probably not so easy to do but it would help to keep modules working with new updates as theyd be more seperated from the core code.

ziziplanet
02-09-2010, 11:58 AM
I have a fear from the update, now i make my 5.1 with scpecial characters SEF(hungarian) without the 5.11 update. I have a fear because i think my sef links are changing after update and i get 404 for the old links. If i use just the admin folder for update(for autopost) is this working? or the update working just both(admin + include)?

Thx!

kylegamer
02-09-2010, 03:27 PM

how about starting with the points gaining issue
A) please restrict rating the Flash game and thus gaining points until it's fully loaded ..
B) i would like to control how much points are given for playing games and not be restricted by 5 points per game... could you add a text field for it in settings like you did with the number of game plays for unregistered users? i want to be able to control it cause I'm planing on increasing/Decreasing it on holidays or whatever and then change it again later and so on

other small issues would love to see it done:

- ability to arrange categories manually .
- adding the linkable category name before the game name in the "game play/view" page "bread crumbs" example " Action > Shift ".
-in favorite games display the name of the game under the thumb image.

and Andy i use lots of flash games sites and see the features they have and i got lots of ideas and features I'd like to see in AV but posting it in forums is a mess and big chance you won't see lots of it so please check my suggestion from before >> http://www.forum.avscripts.net/showthread.php?t=4524

edit:
i just finished uploading the individually changed files according to the "updated-files.rtf" and tested the site and the "game play" is still there .. i still can refresh the page and get 2 extra game plays not 1 but 2 !! and the flash file is not even loaded yet !?! did i miss something? ......

and i noticed that 5.1.1 is missing the folder includes/view_game/_notes and the file in it dwsync.xml which is present in 5.1 .. now i don't know what it does but i just wanted to let you know

knuppel
02-09-2010, 06:40 PM
Gameplay Counter still does not working correctly?!
greets knuppel

mayagames
02-09-2010, 07:49 PM
Gameplay Counter still does not working correctly?!
greets knuppel

Yeah, new site I installed from scratch works good, but upgraded site still has problems with gameplays counter...:cool:

kylegamer
02-09-2010, 08:05 PM
Yeah, new site I installed from scratch works good, but upgraded site still has problems with gameplays counter...:cool:

i can't reinstall the site every time an update come up! ... please Andy how can we fix this?

Andy
02-09-2010, 10:41 PM
Whoops

Forgot that the file includes/view_game/view_game_main.inc.php should be uploaded when updating to remove the old game play counter. Doing that should fix it.

kylegamer
02-10-2010, 09:12 AM
Whoops

Forgot that the file includes/view_game/view_game_main.inc.php should be uploaded when updating to remove the old game play counter. Doing that should fix it.

hope you update the "updated-files.rtf" with this information so new downloaders don't have to go through this thread :)

----
Edit:
by the way.. the Gameplay Counter is still buggy .. i tried refreshing a game page before the game finishes loading .. it still adds game plays .. not 2 but 1 and not with every refresh but it still does sometime!!! ..

Edit:
another bug.... when viewing a category it should automatically show newest games first.. it's not .. i added 3 games "2 through mochi feeds and 1 through auto post" that there names all begin with "Reincarnations" chp1,chp2,etc..

and they ended up in the second page of the Adventure category view not the first page as it should be and they are not posted after each others but scattered although they are the very last 3 games i added in a row!

Edit: i noticed something wrong when viewing my site on IE 8 .. i used to view it on Fire Fox only but today i used IE8 and the template seems missed up .. check these print screens

http://img43.imageshack.us/i/25645760.jpg/
http://img43.imageshack.us/i/57921189.jpg/
http://img718.imageshack.us/i/81596967.jpg/
http://img715.imageshack.us/i/97329763.jpg/

.. the right side container for " Latest News ,Newest Games ,etc.." is missing .. when i scroll down i see that Sport and
Strategy " the last 2 categories" are meshed together , missed up and side scrolling ?!! and down under all that you'll find the right-side container !!! ...

oxus
02-10-2010, 10:23 PM
kylegamer

This game http://www.kemogames.com/Sports/660/FG-Torwandschie%C3%9Fen.html is breaking out your category.

Remove or edit this game.
This is because in the game dhescription from mochi is html code - in this case is link code <a href ="link">text</a> ;
You can see part of this code on that game page above all code.

kylegamer
02-11-2010, 04:28 AM
kylegamer

This game http://www.kemogames.com/Sports/660/FG-Torwandschie%C3%9Fen.html (http://www.kemogames.com/Sports/660/FG-Torwandschie&#37;C3%9Fen.html) is breaking out your category.

Remove or edit this game.
This is because in the game dhescription from mochi is html code - in this case is link code <a href ="link">text</a> ;
You can see part of this code on that game page above all code.

OXUS thank you for the response .. i took your advice and removed the gameto see if it makes a deference " it's a lame game any way" but still the same problem exists .. any ideas? i think it might have something to do with computability issue in CSS or something..

Edit :

Andy i just saw the latest release change 5.1.2 you made and i downloaded it , followed the "updated-files.rtf" and yet the same problem in IE8 still exists

PS : i had already done the "updated-files.rtf" from 5.1.1 2 days ago..

Andy
02-11-2010, 11:33 AM
This game is also causing breakage:

http://www.kemogames.com/Sports/901/FG-Elfmeter.html

oxus
02-11-2010, 03:18 PM
these games are added from mochi. maybe is a problem with adding game with some code from mochi?

-M-A-R-K-
02-11-2010, 04:41 PM
Autopost isnt working :(

knuppel
02-11-2010, 04:52 PM
So... shall we update to 5.1.2 ?

Andy
02-11-2010, 05:13 PM
Yes, I'd think so.

kylegamer
02-12-2010, 02:52 AM
This game is also causing breakage:

http://www.kemogames.com/Sports/901/FG-Elfmeter.html

i removed this game too and now it looks normal on IE8 but that wasn't doing any problem on FireFox ! besides if it's just html ahref code why would it mess up the theme? .. and does that mean i have to check for every single game i add for html code and see if it breaks the site ... why does it do break up in the first place.. i mean it's not unusual to put html code on page but it shouldn't mess it up like that .. and only in IE ... Andy can you do something that would let the code be added with no problem? i might wanna use html code my self in description or instructions

these games are added from mochi. maybe is a problem with adding game with some code from mochi?

yes oxus these games was added manually using mochi feed

Autopost isnt working :(

-M-A-R-K- when i updated to 5.1.1 i used the auto post " went to mochi catalog ,clicked a game and then clicked "post to my site" and it worked ... after that i updated to 5.1.2 and when i saw your post i checked it again and the posting works fine .. but i think you must wait for the game to be loaded before clicking post! not very sure

mayagames
02-12-2010, 05:39 AM
What files are updated in 5.1.2 - in updated-files.rtf nothing's bout it...:)

Also when I upgraded to 5.1.1 both Mochi games adding and Mochi autopost stopped to work...:( Can't figure out what's the problem...

UPDATE: Autopost works. Doesn't work with games that has ' in title - for example "Momma's diner" can't be imported from Mochi...

-M-A-R-K-
02-12-2010, 06:39 AM
When I click post game to site, nothing appears in the admin games section

nitro884
02-12-2010, 10:27 AM
I would also like to know what files were updated? I only updated the admin and includes folder because that was what was updated on the last version. My games take a long time to load in Internet Explorer.

Andy
02-12-2010, 10:40 AM
Sorry guys, I forgot to put the updated readme/file changes etc into the zip.

The updated files from 5.1.1 to 5.1.2 were just

admin/pages/home.php
includes/view_game/game.inc.php

evandronunes
02-12-2010, 01:15 PM
Which file do I insert the lines:

$originals = ",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, e,i,,u";
$replacements = "c,ae,oe,a,e,i,o,u,a,e,i,o,u,a,e,i,o,u,y,a,e,i,o,u, a,e,i,o,u"

I tried to add in core.php file and language file english.php and error occurs.

Andy
02-12-2010, 01:28 PM
You need to put an ; at the end of the replacements line like so:

$replacements = "c,ae,oe,a,e,i,o,u,a,e,i,o,u,a,e,i,o,u,y,a,e,i,o,u ,a,e,i,o,u";

evandronunes
02-12-2010, 02:04 PM
Andy,

Not working, does not change the special characters of the links. Could you help me?

Code:

function seoname($name) {
global $language_char_conversions, $originals, $replacements;
if (isset($language_char_conversions)) {
$search = explode(",","&#231;,&#230;,œ,&#225;,&#233;,&#237;,&#243;,&#250;,&#224;,&#232;,&#236;,&#242;,&#249;,&#228;,&#235;,&#239;,&#246;,&#252;,&#255;,&#226;,&#234;,&#238;,&#244;,&#251;,&#229;, e,i,&#248;,u");
$replace = explode(",","c,ae,oe,a,e,i,o,u,a,e,i,o,u,a,e,i,o,u,y,a,e,i,o,u, a,e,i,o,u");
$name = str_replace($search, $replace, $name);
}
$name = str_replace (" ", "-", $name);
$name = preg_replace ( "/[\.,\";'\:]/", "", $name );
return $name;
}

Andy
02-12-2010, 06:07 PM
You're supposed to put the 3 lines as shown on the first post into your language file not straight into the function. If $language_char_conversions isn't set it wont run it.

Szise
02-17-2010, 05:42 PM

Submit comments for moderation, ability to edit/delete the comments, see only the newest.

knuppel
02-17-2010, 06:02 PM
And fix game rating!! http://www.forum.avscripts.net/showthread.php?t=4559

CyrusKafaiWu
03-13-2010, 10:57 PM
Also, the ability to change your own password. =]