PDA

View Full Version : Backround Repeat and perfect fit

santiagorook
12-04-2009, 11:17 PM
I got this so far
background:#e2e2e2 url(images/bg.png); background-repeat: repeat-y;

The image repeats, but there are small spaces of white in between each space. Also how could i fit it perfectly on my screen?

MudGuts
12-05-2009, 01:01 PM
The first things I can think of is that you have accidently left a bit of white space on the top or the bottom of the image, or there is some padding in the body, #, or html selector in your css.

santiagorook
12-05-2009, 02:51 PM
I just made it bigger and made it a whole image. Now i need the image to fiot perfectly on any screen. I added a some css that i found online, but since it already fit perfectly on my screen already I have to ask my friend to take a screen shot to see if it fit perfectly on his.

santiagorook
12-10-2009, 10:37 PM
How can i make a a image show perfectly on every resolution? the background on my site fits perfectly on resolutions 1260 x 1500, something like that. But how do i make it fit perfectly for lager and smaller resolutions?

MudGuts
12-11-2009, 08:32 PM
For width, just make the image say 1300px wide.

Any part of the image that is wider than the resolution of the window disappears into the ether on the right hand side by default.

Regarding height, there is no easy fix without repeating the image unless you want a fixed image.

The css for this is

background-attachment: fixed;

This will fix the background image while the rest of the page scrolls normally.

If you want to get the background repeating, why not attach a copy of the image and give us what you have for your css body selector so far.