Front end:
http://www.demo.avarcadepro.com

Back end:
http://www.demo.avarcadepro.com

Enjoy!

santiagorook
10-07-2009, 10:18 PM
Will there be an upgrade?

A paid upgrade of course. If there is will we get the full version and the upgrade? Paid

Andy
10-07-2009, 10:23 PM
Yes of course v4 users will be able to upgrade.

Your main content will all stay in place but all mods & templates will be completely incompatible.

Bad Wolf
10-07-2009, 10:48 PM
The new arcade looks pretty nice so far. It isnt as nice as I was expecting it to be. But I figure you got a ways to go yet. For now its pretty plain though:(

The One
10-07-2009, 10:53 PM
The new arcade looks pretty nice so far. It isnt as nice as I was expecting it to be. But I figure you got a ways to go yet. For now its pretty plain though:(

Yeah, I agree with everything you've said there.

Andy
10-07-2009, 11:07 PM
There is also the orange template

http://www.upload.andyvenus.com/uploads/1989072190.png

santiagorook
10-07-2009, 11:38 PM
Yea, the templete is pretty plain. But its not something you cant easily fix. Andy, is it possible for you to add a submit media form?

Andy
10-07-2009, 11:52 PM
Personally I think it's the best template I have ever made. It's clean, uncluttered and modern. It's probably for more grown-up game sites though.

Obviously everyone should modify their template anyway, otherwise there's nothing unique about your site.

What do you think needs improvement on it? I'll see what I can do.

EDIT: Added some background stripes.

killer1390
10-08-2009, 12:35 AM

Plain is good, a cluttered game site is too distracting.

Also, looks great. Good job.

santiagorook
10-08-2009, 12:41 AM
Since you got the demo up already, how long do you think it will be till you release the paid version.

Andy
10-08-2009, 12:53 AM
There is a chance it will be sooner than December as progress has been good.

It's needs to be thoroughly tested before launch so that it is 100% so the best thing you can do is sign up to the demo and try out as many things as possible.

The One
10-08-2009, 12:54 AM
What do you think needs improvement on it? I'll see what I can do.

On IE7, You need to sort out the featured games content div. The white background stops at the third row of games names and category pages like shooting needs sorted for IE7. I've not looked at 8 yet.

In firefox it looks a lot better at this point in time.

Edit: Its growing on me.

santiagorook
10-08-2009, 01:06 AM
Andy, the login box isnt showing up.

Andy
10-08-2009, 01:08 AM
Yeah, I've only tested FF so far. I'll test that later.

Minor image changes on the view game page. Improvement?

EDIT: Login fixed

-M-A-R-K-
10-08-2009, 08:10 AM
It looks awesome!

I cant wait to skin it :) *If I know how to*

Mircea007
10-08-2009, 10:06 AM
looks great :D ... i wish it wouldve come earlier before i had to hire someone to do all that AV 5 is going to have :(

santiagorook
10-08-2009, 11:22 AM
How about mochiads autopost is it still going to work with the av 4 autopost?

Andy
10-08-2009, 12:53 PM
I am unsure as to how the autopost worked for v4 as it was a mod. I would hope all mochi installed games will just remain on your site and then you can start using the built-in mochi games manager.

Bad Wolf
10-08-2009, 04:41 PM
:(The avatar only shows at the top of the page when logged in. It really should show in, Members List & Top Players module & you dont have a Newest Members module (why not?) But the avatar should show in these places or else its completely useless to have it at all as people like to show off the pic they have chosen to represent themself.

We should also have a link exchange built in as all of us trade links for some our traffic.

Andy
10-08-2009, 04:54 PM
Certainly I plan to use the avatars more like when a user leaves a comment. The members list needs to be overhauled so they'll exist on there too.

belly59
10-08-2009, 04:58 PM
I like the new modern look. Will have fun playing around with and making templates for it.

The sortby section on the categories looks slightly familiar ...

Bad Wolf
10-08-2009, 05:05 PM
So far I have run into the following bugs;

1) In user profile: Game plays dont work(stays at "0")

2) Fullscreen Function: The fullscreen page comes up, but the game dosent load.

3) Featured Games: As mentioned by The One, the feature area is a bit off in IE7

4)Module "User Info" in profile: Text runs out of the container. My website address runith over;)

You asked us to look for ya bro, so here we go!

Additionally, you may want to concider adding a bug report board to the forum so this dont get too cluttered, unless you wanted us to report here.

Bad Wolf
10-08-2009, 05:21 PM
Certainly I plan to use the avatars more like when a user leaves a comment. The members list needs to be overhauled so they'll exist on there too.

I figured you may have had further plans for the avatars but I thought I should mention it in just in case it got over looked. This is a huge undertaking for you and I only want you to get the best reception possible with it. You really do deserve to have the top spot as your arcade script is the best one out there. By the way Andy, Thank You. You've heard a kabilloin ideas about how the new script should look(some good, some bad) and have kept you sense of humor about it all. And that aint easy when people are talkin' about your baby. Honestly, in the end, we all love your scripts and will stand behind you weather it sounds like it our not!

Andy
10-09-2009, 02:43 AM
Random games are now functional
The members list has been redone
Embed game is functional
Avatars added to both comments and the members list
User entered urls are click-able in profile

Bad Wolf
10-09-2009, 03:37 AM
Geeze You've been busy man! Its coming along real nice now:cool:

-M-A-R-K-
10-09-2009, 07:47 AM
Yea. And you work so fast too!

Can't wait to download it xD

ego
10-09-2009, 10:50 AM
I Like it,

Congratulations, but I hope that does not have SEO mistakes and other errors that impede indexing

You can see the pre-beta online now at http://www.prebeta.avarcadepro.com/

The following bugs are known:

PM system is non-functional
View game is missing random games & embed code

Other bugs will most certainly be present, so let me know. Also, I hope you like the new default template.

Andy

nowares
10-09-2009, 01:07 PM
Yeah, I've only tested FF so far. I'll test that later.

Minor image changes on the view game page. Improvement?

EDIT: Login fixed

You designed the template with just FF testing?
When I'm creating a template I test at key points with IE 6/7/8, FF2/3, Opera and Chrome.

It can be a nightmare to fix bugs if you get a compatibility issue with Opera that you didn't see in FF, for example.

Is the full screen button broken?

You have probably seen this coming, but :
It's not valid code (http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http://www.prebeta.avarcadepro.com/&charset=(detect+automatically)&doctype=Inline&group=0).
61 Errors, 106 warning(s)

Strict valid tags don't use the closing slash, & should be & incorrect tag nesting etc etc... Only small bugs and easy to fix.

I love the new look though. Both of the templates are very good.
Looks a lot cleaner and far more professional!

The game page is laid out a lot better too, but the comments may look strange (trailing down one side) after a few people post.

Andy
10-09-2009, 01:26 PM
It will be valid when done. I like to do things messy then come back later. Maybe not the best technique but I like to just get things working then refine.

Luckily I'm my own boss so I get to do it my own 'special' way :D

As for browser testing, I use a mac which slightly complicates things but the modern browsers overall displays things almost the same with ever so slight differences. Then I go and stab my eyes when I see it in IE6.

And yea, the full screen page moved but the URL hasn't been updated.

AND SO, THE TO-DO LIST:

Private messages
Refine SEO urls
Google ads
Language support
Install script
Upgrade script
W3C valid code on all templates, all pages
Neaten Up & Refine all code
Extensive testing

With luck, that lot can be done by the end of the month. The upgrade script is the biggest job there as it's got to make a whole load of modifications to the old database.

dazzatheowl
10-09-2009, 05:08 PM
There is also the orange template

http://www.upload.andyvenus.com/uploads/1989072190.png

That template looks well better then the default demo one.

Dylan
10-09-2009, 09:02 PM
Hey Andy! I love the template so much! It's awesome!

I use Google Chrome - Found one bug: Avatar on "News" page doesn't work.

I think it would be cool if, when you rate & comment on stuff (get points) the counter at the top right should update in realtime :D

02it01
10-10-2009, 12:08 PM
Hey Andy good work on the new script.

Will their be anyway to put a single game in more then one Categorie because most if not all mochi games are in more then 1 Categorie i was just worndering if you would be adding this within the new script. :)

Dylan
10-10-2009, 03:55 PM
Ah, one this that I think is crucial is.. RSS! There should be at least 1 feed on the homepage, like recently added or featured, etc..

Andy
10-10-2009, 09:34 PM
The PM system has been updated. It's the v4 one refined a little.

The template has been switched to the orange one so you can check it out.

Dylan
10-11-2009, 10:43 AM
Andy,

Would you be able to give us the table information before it's released?

I'd like to work on a "Connect With Facebook" (login with Facebook) feature :)

LuisAlberto
10-11-2009, 11:30 AM
Categories are fine, but if a lot is added more than one line?

Also, I liked more, the blue and orange of the template images shown in

Another thing, where publicity would go? Is there any way to put advertising before viewing the game?

Thanks

LuisAlberto
10-11-2009, 12:04 PM
Another interesting thing would be for the new avarcade, blocks can be created (with text or HTML), and add in where you want. :)

santiagorook
10-11-2009, 12:48 PM
Guys come on! Andy is working. Its a 15 dollar script. Cheaper than others and better than others. Lay of him for a while and let him take a breath. Hes doing the best to realease this as soon as possible.

Bad Wolf
10-11-2009, 01:20 PM
When will we be able to try out the admin?:confused:

Andy
10-11-2009, 01:40 PM
An admin demo will be put up. A select group will be able to test the script on their site before release. The admin probably needs more testing than the front end.

Please note everyone that the time for suggesting new features has passed. You can suggest tweaks that wouldn't take much time but there has been a long suggestion period and that is now over.

Andy
10-11-2009, 07:58 PM
Does anyone have any suggestions on what else AV Arcade points could be awarded for?

-M-A-R-K-
10-11-2009, 08:05 PM
Would it be possible if you could change into XP and they can count towards levels?

If it was levels, then you can add an avatar at level x, at x level, you can post comments, at x and a leader board on the highest level,

Tigerbite
10-11-2009, 10:03 PM
Did you toss out the ajax search engine? Because I was really looking forward to that in AV5.

Ferron
10-11-2009, 10:26 PM
Did you toss out the ajax search engine? Because I was really looking forward to that in AV5.
That reminds me. Andy, it would be great if you could put in a search suggest like on Apple's website.

http://i36.tinypic.com/16aaa6c.jpg

Tigerbite
10-11-2009, 11:47 PM
that's what his ajax search engine did. He had a demo/preview of it up a month or so ago.

http://www.forum.avscripts.net/showthread.php?t=2774

There's the post, but the link in it is dead now. :(

Bad Wolf
10-12-2009, 07:06 AM
Warning: include(includes/news/news-main.inc.php) [function.include (http://www.prebeta.avarcadepro.com/function.include)]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/.miryam/avarcade/prebeta.avarcadepro.com/templates/orange/news.php on line 4

Warning: include() [function.include (http://www.prebeta.avarcadepro.com/function.include)]: Failed opening 'includes/news/news-main.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/.miryam/avarcade/prebeta.avarcadepro.com/templates/orange/news.php on line 4

nowares
10-12-2009, 11:39 AM
Luckily I'm my own boss so I get to do it my own 'special' way :D

Always nice, except for payday :D

As for browser testing, I use a mac which slightly complicates things but the modern browsers overall displays things almost the same with ever so slight differences. Then I go and stab my eyes when I see it in IE6.

It's not just Macs that have the bleeding eye syndrome in IE6.... I think Microsoft made it a terrible browser to stop us using web software :)

About 80% of my time is taken up with fixing stuff in IE to keep 10% of my users happy. So I have now given up.

Let's hope Windows 7 will force the big companies to update to IE7/8 as the sad excuse for an OS (Vista) was never adopted by the commercial sector... Then again, a lot of businesses still use Win98 -_-

Does anyone have any suggestions on what else AV Arcade points could be awarded for?
Game plays
Comments
Ratings
Visiting friends sites (maybe not, depending on their TOS... Incentive to click is, almost always, against TOS)
Reporting a broken game / bad comment

Costin
10-12-2009, 01:38 PM
Can I upgrade from AV 3.1 :D ?

Andy
10-12-2009, 01:40 PM
You will need to upgrade to v4 first.

belly59
10-12-2009, 02:33 PM
Game plays
Comments
Ratings

I second these ones and actually toyed with adding it to my site a while ago but never got round to it.

santiagorook
10-13-2009, 01:07 PM
Andy, if you dont already have it, a game should have a report game button just in case you add a game that really dosent work and you dont notice it.

Andy
10-15-2009, 09:42 PM
You should now find the site is XHTML Strict valid. If you find a part that isn't let me know.

Andy
10-16-2009, 12:37 AM
Players now earn 2 point for playing a game for 2 minutes.

-M-A-R-K-
10-16-2009, 07:39 AM
Good idea. This should stop cheaters

Ddraig
10-16-2009, 06:17 PM
I like the new version and i would've bought it but i already have my own modified site with v4 and i am very satisfied with it. The new template is definitely better than the last it looks more professional and i didnt liked the old.
What i would like to have on v5 is a random game button (you click it and come to a random game) and an all games button (i added one to my site and it is the most viewed category on my site) i didnt find any bugs or something and wanna say thank you again for this great script!

Ddraig

Mircea007
10-17-2009, 12:51 AM
yeah im the same as Ddraid i wouldve bought the V5 but im doing a more sofisticated template right now on V4 and i already fixed all the bugs that were on the V4 script .. it sucks cause the new one wouldve helped me so much but o well ...

Ddraig
10-17-2009, 04:20 PM
Found a bug. The website worked completely fine until i opened it with internet explorer 7.0 : http://spielehorst.de/Oldimages/Screenshotavarcade5.jpg

With Opera and firefox it was completely fine

The One
10-17-2009, 04:55 PM
^ Andy Knows about it.

Andy
10-17-2009, 08:02 PM
Everything should now display correctly in all browsers. Even lovely old IE6.

The One
10-17-2009, 09:02 PM
Everything should now display correctly in all browsers. Even lovely old IE6.

Hey, I just looked at it and its nearly perfect.

I noticed on the right hand main menu that only IE8 has padding at the top and that the other prior versions of IE has none.

It also renders in IE 5.5 :)

Sonic
10-21-2009, 04:41 PM
Hi,

I tried to register on this demo , but when I paste the link I received in the mail : I have this error : " Invalid code"

Andy
10-21-2009, 04:52 PM
Should be fixed.

Sonic
10-21-2009, 05:19 PM
yes thanks

-M-A-R-K-
10-21-2009, 07:39 PM
BTW, in the demo.. (i dunno if it's in the beta one.. havent tested it yet), it says I got 1 new message but when I view my messages.. i havent..

QPR100
10-21-2009, 08:42 PM
I have tried to register on the demo on various different free email providers and have not received the email in one of them.

I'm not sure if it's the email providers fault on their end or the scripts, I just thought I would let you know so you can check it out.

Thx for putting a demo out so early :D

Dylan
10-22-2009, 04:25 PM
Hi,

I need help..
If anyone has experience with PHP, JS, etc and has a facebook profile, I'm looking for people to help me get "Login with Facebook" working.

If you're interested in helping, PM me :)

Andy
10-29-2009, 08:11 PM
The demo has been updated with admin demo. No changes are saved using the admin demo.

Lam3r
10-29-2009, 11:19 PM
well it's pretty sweet, but the news module still sucks...

Mircea007
10-30-2009, 12:33 AM
so are we going to have it on nov 2 .... because the beta testing went good :D

The One
10-30-2009, 07:03 PM
so are we going to have it on nov 2 .... because the beta testing went good :D

No.

You can buy it now :)

Mircea007
10-30-2009, 07:17 PM
yeah i know i bought it already :D