PDA

View Full Version : AV Arcade v4.0.1 released!

Andy
11-29-2008, 02:31 PM
AV Arcade version 4.0.1 is now available.

This is a major upgrade which may not be suitable for heavily modded websites. Old templates will not be compatible without updates being made to them.

You can download the new version here: http://avscripts.net/downloads/index.php?action=byfileid&dl_id=1

Instructions are included.

With such a large release there may be one or two bugs which will be ironed out as quickly as possible if issues are found.

Some of the new features:

News section
PM System
Meta-tags now customizable
Improved search
Tell a friend link
Featured games section
WYSIWYG Page editor
New-look homepage
Turn off the play limiter
Better adsense intergration
Better user profiles
Language support
Newest members module
Better admin navigation
Rewritten category pages
Rewritten game display page
Brand new look

Bug fixes in v4.0.1:
SEO behaves properly, all links are correct
Edit game link on front-end doesn't delete the game
Installer/Upgrader is no longer broken
Search thumbnails are the right size

Thanks guys, gamepack prices are all half-price btw!

Andy

Robbb
11-29-2008, 02:46 PM
Wooo at last :)
Uploading it now, cant wait to start playing :)
Good job andy!

smithey253
11-29-2008, 03:40 PM
wow, this is what I have been waiting for!

Thanks alot Andy!

Floweristic
11-29-2008, 03:44 PM
Ah, nice!
Thanks for the release!

*Waiting for Avlicious to update his template :P*

zone01
11-29-2008, 03:56 PM
Small install bug. After populating the database , next step points to site/arcade/install/new_site_form.html, new_site_form.html which actually is new_site_form.php

Also, finish.php, at the end of the install proces, is missing.

Floweristic
11-29-2008, 04:07 PM
Small install bug. After populating the database , next step points to site/arcade/install/new_site_form.html, new_site_form.html which actually is new_site_form.php

Also, finish.php, at the end of the install proces, is missing.

Anymore bugs that would keep me from upgrading?...:confused:
Well, if I upgrade...I'll need to redesign my website :p

BTW, the "admin/admin_template/admin_lfogo.png" is missing... (so I used the old one)

miro912
11-29-2008, 05:14 PM
Hi Andy, thank you very much for your great work :)
i think you have wrote that mochi-games-autopost are includet in the v4, i dont find this feature?!

maus
11-29-2008, 05:30 PM
2. Bugs and bugs in the templet ...

But ... the core seems fine!

Thx a lot!

nowares
11-29-2008, 05:50 PM
Great work Andy :D

I've been waiting for a reason to update my site!
I'll dig for any bugs ;)

belly59
11-29-2008, 06:22 PM
Give me a couple of weeks and I will create a template for version 4.

A quick question to all those that want a template, would you prefer a template that ...

1) will keep the layout of AV Arcade V4 as it is but in a different style
or
2) one that will slightly alter the layout of V4 and will also be different in style?

maus
11-29-2008, 06:51 PM
That` great! Your choice!

IŽll make a template based on delta and release it here asap.

But - sorry to say - not until 14th of December.

Andy
11-29-2008, 08:59 PM
Big apologies for early downloaders, the install files were older unfinished versions.

If you downloaded and the installer isn't working, download http://www.avscripts.net/install.zip and upload. You will need to empty the database if it failed the first time.

Andy

MudGuts
11-30-2008, 06:21 AM
Oops. Did not notice this thread release. Was commenting on the old thread.

Downloaded about 3 hours ago and got it running on test server and live without any probs.

An example is at http://www.e69.asia

Still populating it and doing graphics at the moment.

Only prblem I have encountered so far is that after changing my adsense pub in admin, the ads disappear. Still in the source code but not displaying. They have been up for a couple of hours now so should be shwing. I will have to have a dig around later.

Looking great though. Thanks.

EDIT: Was able to get adsense working by changing the adsense ad_slot in the newer style files

alexander
11-30-2008, 08:17 AM
Looks good from what i've seen, but my pc is dead so i cant get it yet - might not be able to until chrimbo :(

Sjonnie
11-30-2008, 10:13 AM
Great work! Many many thanks ;)

MudGuts
11-30-2008, 11:11 AM
Looks good from what i've seen, but my pc is dead so i cant get it yet - might not be able to until chrimbo :(

Whats this? You dropping hints for a chrissy present already? :p

smithey253
11-30-2008, 03:03 PM
Give me a couple of weeks and I will create a template for version 4.

A quick question to all those that want a template, would you prefer a template that ...

1) will keep the layout of AV Arcade V4 as it is but in a different style
or
2) one that will slightly alter the layout of V4 and will also be different in style?

I think if you could alter both the layout and the style it would be best, to try and get as far away from the default template that many people will use.

Floweristic
12-01-2008, 05:25 AM
I think the template changing function in the Settings doesn't work.
Because it still uses the delta's images although I set the template to another one.

bloody0986
12-01-2008, 05:30 AM
@Floweristic

You sure it is a theme made for V4 and not V3?

MudGuts
12-01-2008, 05:47 AM
I think the template changing function in the Settings doesn't work.
Because it still uses the delta's images although I set the template to another one.

If you are using the delta files as a base, there is reference to the delta template throughout the index.php file. The stylesheet link, the header logo link, etc. You need to change those hard-coded bits of code.

Floweristic
12-01-2008, 05:52 AM
Oh, didn't notice that.
Thanks for the reply.
And yes, I used the delta files as a base.

bloody0986
12-01-2008, 07:14 AM
Oh lol. I thought you downloaded a theme. Not made one. :p

nowares
12-01-2008, 09:18 AM
The original template and script is very buggy as far as valid code goes.

I have cleaned most of it up on my site, but havn't finished yet.
When I do, I'll email Andy a copy and see if he will impliment any changes I made..... I hate invalid code lol

Costin
12-01-2008, 02:51 PM
When a romanian translate?

masterful
12-04-2008, 10:17 AM
Any ideas when the fix for the adsense code and featured games will be available for upgrading users?
I have seen on site that there is no issue for new installs but mine don't work after upgrading from 3.x

Sorry I should of added that I am using the delta template.

66ArcadeGames
12-05-2008, 09:35 AM
Great work andy!

I'll make my new arcade with AV Arcade 4!

masterful
12-07-2008, 09:37 AM
ok, I've got adsense working.
Featured games still isn't working however. And I would also like to know where vertical banner in the adsense folder shows on site? I've so far had zero views of that yet the other three have been shown numerous times and I know where they are.

Also I cannot find any link to the full page games? Has the full screen link been removed intentionally or was it accidentally left out?

Many thanks for the great script andy, I have even found that I am getting more clicks on ads with the new layout.

nowares
12-08-2008, 12:28 PM
ok, I've got adsense working.
Featured games still isn't working however. And I would also like to know where vertical banner in the adsense folder shows on site? I've so far had zero views of that yet the other three have been shown numerous times and I know where they are.

Also I cannot find any link to the full page games? Has the full screen link been removed intentionally or was it accidentally left out?

Many thanks for the great script andy, I have even found that I am getting more clicks on ads with the new layout.

The full screen link does seem to have been forgotten in this version.
You should just be able to make a pop-up in the content/game.php file leading to content/fullpage.php
If you don't know how to create the popup, there is a good generator HERE (http://javascript.internet.com/generators/popup-window.html)

I don't think the vertical_banner.php is being called either.
You could replace the small_square call with the vertical banner by changing the templates/delta/index.php (about line 32)

<? if ($adsense == 1) { echo '<div class="ad_module">'; include ('./content/adsense/small_square.php'); echo '<br /></div>'; } ?> <br />
To

<? if ($adsense == 1) { echo '<div class="ad_module">'; include ('./content/adsense/vertical_banner.php'); echo '<br /></div>'; } ?> <br />

Mario92
12-20-2008, 01:56 PM
I have been modding v3 for ages and when i'm done the v4 is released! :mad:

afe
12-21-2008, 08:04 PM
Ohh, that sucks. lol What's your site?

theplayonline
12-22-2008, 04:29 AM
thanks........

nowares
12-22-2008, 01:44 PM
"not be suitable for heavily modded websites"

And I made 20 mods to my site! Half of it is AJAX!

In that case, you will need to do a manual update.

Just backup your old files and database and delete the files from server. Then upload the new files to server and install using the upgrade function.

Then all that's left to do, is redo the template.....

It's really not that hard but does take time. And if you can code Ajax, I'm sure you'll have no problem

oneranganciaf
12-11-2009, 11:43 AM
In the User CP there are arcade options. It lists options for "challenges". How do these work? Or is it just by pm?

MudGuts
12-11-2009, 08:47 PM
Hey buddy. What are you doing over in this old thread. Let us know what version you have (if it is 4.0.1 then you will need to update for security reasons).

We can then move your question to a more pertinent spot.