PDA

View Full Version : Forum

11-29-2015, 10:21 PM
Well i am stumped lol. I found a pretty cool and new forum script, that says its easy to link logins using something called 'sso'.

I have successfully installed the forum, and when using the login button on the forum it DOES indeed link to the login page of avcms, but the thing is logging in, then navigating back to the forum i am still logged out. I am baffled lol

I thought maybe i would share this here, and if someone else wanted to give it a go, and actually gets it working, could share with the rest of the community how exactly. The initial setup is very simple with codoforum, i am just stuck with this issue, i am not super great with server side stuff, but the documentation made it sould very simple.

https://codoforum.com

12-02-2015, 08:09 PM
Well i almost have it, i am stuck on this bit though. I am not that familiar with php, if someone could please help me out it would be awesome

* Here comes your logic to check if the user is logged in or not.
* A simple example would be using PHP SESSION
*/
if (USER_IS_LOGGED_IN) {

I need some kinda string i am assuming for teh script to check if the user is currently logged in. Below that bit in teh client.php for the sso installation is just user info stuff. I have it logging in currently, but instead of the user, it logs in as "USERNAME" instead, i assume because i havent been able to figure out the php above :/

This is the reply i got from support of the forum script

In the client.php file

if (USER_IS_LOGGED_IN) {
You didn't put anything that evaluates to true when the user is logged in ?