PDA

View Full Version : AVCMS Patch 1.0.4 with Images Beta

Andy
06-25-2015, 11:35 AM
Today's update features bug-fixes and a whole new content-type in beta.

The change list:

Added images beta to the core AVCMS script
Add alt attributes to wallpaper images & thumbnails
Fix game tag URL’s
Fix weird ordering of content on tags pages
Add option for 6 column modules
Template style updates
Make username’s smaller in profiles on mobile devices
Fix game points being awarded after 20 minutes instead of 2
Add submitter information to the play game page
Fix issues with duplicate tags when two tags exist with different capitalisation
Improved sizing of famobi games
Corrected some default wallpaper resolutions

Images Beta

AVCMS a new content type, images. You can create pages with a single image on or add multiple images to one page. You can then choose to display them as a list of images or as a gallery. You can bulk import images just like wallpapers and users can submit multiple images at once. Image Site Script will later be released as a separate product.

mokshalstudios
06-25-2015, 05:12 PM
Great update! Will videos be included in the future? If so is there an eta?

Thanks!

lkow77
06-25-2015, 07:18 PM
The new content type, images - need translation?

zappin
06-26-2015, 07:03 AM
Error 404 Not Found on - Arcade profile -> All Liked Games

kingkill
06-26-2015, 08:10 PM
is it me or the themes ar broken now?

Andy
06-27-2015, 10:14 AM
Great update! Will videos be included in the future? If so is there an eta?

Thanks!

At some point I hope to do videos, but I don't know when.

The new content type, images - need translation?

Yes they will, I'll add the translations soon.

Thanks for the report. I've updated the zip files with a fix for this, you can update by downloading the zip again from the customer area and just uploading the src/AVCMS/Bundles/Games folder.

is it me or the themes ar broken now?

How are they broken for you?

Sett
06-27-2015, 01:08 PM
Error 404 Not Found on - Arcade profile -> All Liked Wallpapers

Edit:

Fixed.

I did the same thing, but with the Wallpapers folder

Thanks for the report. I've updated the zip files with a fix for this, you can update by downloading the zip again from the customer area and just uploading the src/AVCMS/Bundles/Games folder.

Starnova
06-30-2015, 07:15 PM
@Andy
I only have this problem which I am trying to fix...

Catchable fatal error: Argument 2 passed to Pixie\QueryBuilder\QueryBuilderHandler::whereIn() must be of the type array, null given, called in /home/(Username)/public_html/src/AVCMS/Bundles/Games/Model/GameFeedCategories.php on line 35 and defined in /home/(username)/public_html/vendor/usmanhalalit/pixie/src/Pixie/QueryBuilder/QueryBuilderHandler.php on line 567

So I think I am going to try to re-upload the vendor folder and see if that helps and take a look at game Module categories PHP on line
then the other file and see if I can do something with them.. My game feeds are there I just cannot update the feed...

This is the difference in the lines and since I am not a developer I would rather not tackle this alone:

/home/(Username)/public_html/src/AVCMS/Bundles/Games/Model/GameFeedCategories.php on line 35:

$result = $this->query()->whereIn('keyword', $keywords)->select(['category_id'])->first(\PDO::FETCH_ASSOC;)

/home/(username)/public_html/vendor/usmanhalalit/pixie/src/Pixie/QueryBuilder/QueryBuilderHandler.php on line 567

public function whereIn($key, array $values)

Now I don't usually use the feeds and find games, however I like things to be kept updated because I do occasionally use it..LOL

OMG look at the errors I downloaded I guess I have to reinstall everything??

* Update I am uninstalling all the software and going to use the lower version. The reason is I deleted all the software and I uploaded a fresh copy of 1.0.4 and that is where the error is... so Here I go again .,, delete and install ..

Thanks

retrosprite
07-03-2015, 04:33 PM
Nice Update! But on a side note I noticed that users can register through Facebook connect even when maintenance is enabled which I don't think should be allowed.

retrosprite
07-03-2015, 04:55 PM
I just started messing with the new Image section and I've noticed a few errors. The first is the Images menu item, it doesn't link to a page but links to /# which I guess is supposed to be /images. Another is a error when trying to download a image. It says Collection not downloadable.

Andy
07-03-2015, 07:29 PM
The images menu item is a drop-down for categories but there are none by default, so when you add a category it will display correctly.

I'm aware of the download collection bug and will fix, thanks :)

retrosprite
07-03-2015, 08:03 PM
The images menu item is a drop-down for categories but there are none by default, so when you add a category it will display correctly.

I'm aware of the download collection bug and will fix, thanks :)

Ok I was wondering why the Image menu item did nothing lol. But I noticed another bug when editing a Image Collection the drag feature does not seem to work for me so I can't rearrange the gallery.

retrosprite
07-03-2015, 08:17 PM
Another note why is there a Image Collection Sidebar module when the Image Collection pages use the site wide Siderbar module?

retrosprite
07-03-2015, 08:29 PM
Of course I have found something else to nitpick :rolleyes:. In the Games and Wallpapers module the Order option is after the Filter option but in the Images module the Order option is at the bottom of the settings instead of being after the Filter option like the other modules. Keeping these module settings in unison would be nice.

retrosprite
07-03-2015, 09:06 PM
I tried adding a Liked Images module as a list panel to the User Profile Sidebar but none of the liked images showed up nor did the text that's supposed to say the user didn't have any liked images.

http://i.imgur.com/yibnEct.png

Starnova
07-03-2015, 11:08 PM
Well I fixed my problem I am glad to say. All is good now :)

retrosprite
07-04-2015, 04:10 PM
Another bug I found is with the Image Tag module. It says 'No tags' even though I already have a few images with tags.

Something else that isn't really a bug but when ever I click add image collection after just adding a image, that previous image shows up until I upload a new image. It makes me feel like I'm still editing the previous image instead of adding a new one.

I just found a weird random bug in the admin panel. When going down the list of images in the admin panel sometimes images are shown multiple times when the next page of images loads. I can't figure out why it happens because sometimes there are duplicates and sometimes there aren't.

retrosprite
07-04-2015, 11:08 PM
The URL Slug has a bug. Normally after entering the name of the image the URL Slug is automatically filled in. But after the first upload every subsequent Image Collection you add it does not automatically fill in unless I click the Slug refresh button, I'm using Firefox.

Andy
07-05-2015, 08:56 PM
Thanks for the bug reports I'll look into them.

riz77
07-06-2015, 06:33 PM
I have previously updated 2 AV Arcade sites from 5.8 to 6.0.3 without any problems. Today I was trying to update another 5.8 site but was using the latest AV Arcade version 6.0.4 but was getting the following error messages both on Firefox and similar messages on Opera: The page isn't redirecting properly.

I can do a fresh install without any problems. I was updating as follows:

yoursite.com/upgrade/admin/ava-import

Andy
07-07-2015, 06:57 PM
Could you send me a link to the broken site riz77? Thanks.

riz77
07-07-2015, 09:08 PM
Hi Andy

PM sent.

riz77
07-11-2015, 03:46 PM
Hi

Thanks Andy, I can't believe I made such a basic error.

retrosprite
07-11-2015, 04:07 PM
Andy I found another bug that I don't know if you know about yet. When searching for images on the frontend I get this error:

SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column 'avcms_images.name' in 'where clause'

retrosprite
07-11-2015, 06:34 PM
*BUG - Duplicate Find Image Drop-Down List Fields

http://i.imgur.com/TA3Abwv.png

Andy
07-11-2015, 08:17 PM
Thanks for the bug reports :)

retrosprite
07-12-2015, 06:38 PM
*BUG - Search Function for Images in the Admin Panel does not work.

Andy
07-13-2015, 06:44 PM
Thanks, will fix.

KJBweb
07-14-2015, 10:27 PM
Something I'd really like to see is an RSS feed for wallpapers posted to the site, and an RSS feed for the blog too...

Any chance we can see those features in the next release at all?

retrosprite
07-15-2015, 12:57 AM
Something I'd really like to see is an RSS feed for wallpapers posted to the site, and an RSS feed for the blog too...

Any chance we can see those features in the next release at all?

A RSS feed for wallpapers, images, and games is already implemented but we still need a RSS feed for the Blog.

Starnova
07-17-2015, 05:05 PM
Hi Andy,,, any ideas why images disappear from the sidebar no matter what games I put there.. ie random, most liked etc. After I go to the module and reset that section they are online again but several hours later they are gone...Images and games are chmod at the correct setting.

Thank you

retrosprite
07-19-2015, 06:20 PM
@Andy

I noticed this in the User permissions panel:

'No Image Adverts - If allowed, users in this group will not see ads before images'

So is a way to assign adverts before images in the admin panel going to be added?

Andy
07-19-2015, 10:37 PM
@Starnova - So you have a games module in the sidebar but it is ending up blank?

@mycheatcentral - That is actually a mistake, some left over code from games. I'll remove it.

retrosprite
07-19-2015, 11:09 PM
Yeah I thought it was weird seeing a permission option for image adverts.

retrosprite
07-20-2015, 08:18 PM
Is the images download fix coming soon? Google Webmaster Tools is listing over 300 hundred errors because of it.

Andy
07-20-2015, 09:28 PM
Yes patch 1.0.5 is coming this week with all the fixes for images.

lkow77
02-21-2016, 11:31 AM
Andy,

I have an idea for images,

here you have a link to pixabay api (https://pixabay.com/api/docs/) - service with free images to commercial and private use. There are conditions to download images (max 2000 per 30 mins).

Maybe import images like games import?

Thanks, lkow77

btw. Video Script (AVCMS) is awesome!

Andy
02-21-2016, 06:52 PM
Thanks for the info, I will look into it.