PDA

View Full Version : Change ideas for future versions of AVCMS Wallpaper Script

jacobbannier
06-09-2015, 12:45 AM
Hi,

Recently purchased the script and it's great. Very well coded and a whole ton of functionality. I have been using it for a few days and have spotted some new features which may make the script even better, if it was to be updated.

The main thing is mass edited pictures. At the moment it's pretty laborious going through each photo to change custom tags, descriptions, etc. A view which shows a thumbnail and then just one piece of information for each image would be great, and allow quick editing. E.G. a page of thumbnails of all the wallpapers, with a column next to it with just a tag input form. Then I can update the tags customly for each photo and have every tag relevant to every photo. This could be done for all meta tags, be it description, title, tags etc.

In a similar vein, a way to customise descriptions/tags/surps of each image in the bulk upload view would be great. This would negate the need for custom bulk edit functionality (as outlined above). For example, in a different wallpaper script a CSV file is uploaded with all descriptions, image tags etc and then that is parsed into the database. This allowed for maximum customisation and therefore good SEO, and better SERPs for individuals pages (in an industry which has quite high competition).

Finally, an option for users of the website to choose between "Crop" or "stretch" would be handy. When bulk uploading files usually a "one size fits all" approach doesn't work for the wallpapers, and some can be stretched while others need to be cropped. Letting the user chose how they want to edit the file when they change dimensions would be super handy, and cut out a lot of leg work for the admin.

Thanks for the script!

Andy
06-09-2015, 10:04 AM
Thanks for your suggestions, I'll keep them in mind for future updates.