PDA

View Full Version : Doubts about places to get wallpapers to insert on a wallpaper site

ewsg
05-22-2013, 11:26 PM
Hi,

I own a licence of Wallpaper Site Script and will start a site focused on games. Games wallpapers.

I'm very confused about how and where to obtain the wallpapers. Is it legal, for example, to get the wallpapers from the game's websites, and put them in the same way they are, in our wallpaper sites?

Someone knows some more good places to obtain wallpapers?

Well, any ideas and suggestions would be much appreciated. :)

mystical
05-22-2013, 11:32 PM
Ask The One....he runs a gaming wallpaper site. Pretty nice site too

ewsg
05-22-2013, 11:34 PM
Thanks. I'll try to PM him. :)

The One
05-23-2013, 07:46 PM
Legality where game wallpapers are concerned isn't worth a 2nd thought. The wallpapers made by EA, Eidos etc are made for promotional purposes and you promoting there products for free which is in their interest. If anything was to happen where you were contacted about them on your website. They would serve a DMCA request for the removal at which point you would comply with said request.

Use google to find wallpapers and I'm sure you will come across a few decent sites on your travels.

ewsg
05-24-2013, 01:50 PM
Legality where game wallpapers are concerned isn't worth a 2nd thought. The wallpapers made by EA, Eidos etc are made for promotional purposes and you promoting there products for free which is in their interest. If anything was to happen where you were contacted about them on your website. They would serve a DMCA request for the removal at which point you would comply with said request.

Use google to find wallpapers and I'm sure you will come across a few decent sites on your travels.

Great. I'll try to start. :)