PDA

View Full Version : What does "Tags" mean

bright
03-14-2013, 04:20 AM
What exactly should i put on "Tags" and what does it do exactly ?

mystical
03-14-2013, 02:56 PM
Look at your description and pick out keywords. If you have a description like this: The hot dame wore a red dress with black buttons.

Your tags would be: Hot, Dame, Red, Dress, Black, Buttons
Or something to that effect.

Make sure you add a space after each , for each tag you add.

What do they do?
Not much considering Google pretty much ignores tags now due to people abusing them. Cant hurt though.

Bad Wolf
03-14-2013, 03:40 PM
Just to add to what Mystical was saying: Now days about all tags do is help break down your sites content into smaller chunks for visitors. The main thing to remember about them, as far how Andy wrote the script, is that you need 2 things (game or wallpaper) with the same tag. For instance you would need 2 wallpapers with the tag 'sexy' in order for the word 'sexy' to show up in your Tags module.

bright
03-15-2013, 12:13 AM
So if the game is about aliens, but the name of the game it self has no aliens in the title, there is a big chance that in the description aliens exist, and when he searches for "aliens" if in the description and tag the word aliens exist he will find it. Thanks that's what i needed to know.

mystical
03-15-2013, 02:33 AM
A good read...

http://www.seo-guy.com/tutorial.html

Bad Wolf
03-15-2013, 04:14 PM
So if the game is about aliens, but the name of the game it self has no aliens in the title, there is a big chance that in the description aliens exist, and when he searches for "aliens" if in the description and tag the word aliens exist he will find it. Thanks that's what i needed to know.

The script does not automatically search keywords out of the description. You must add the keywords to the 'tags' section of a game / wallpaper. Each keyword must be separated by a - comma, followed by a space like so; aliens, mars, space ect.

The One
03-15-2013, 07:04 PM
Just look at tags like keywords which has been mentioned in the thread that they aren't really of any importance nowadays due to abuse. Basically navigation for related content.

I still fill out keywords for everything because some search engines(not many) do still count them but and its a big but, Google/Bing/Yahoo are the main 3 to worry about.

Also in decriptions(content make sure your keywords are around 5% of the content otherwise its classed as keyword stuffing.

bright
03-25-2013, 04:04 PM
I've added "войници, коне, средновековие, магия, кула" in the tag section of the game and when i search the word "войници" it should find me that game correct ? but it's not finding it.. ?

I've even tried with only "soldiers, horses" on english and still nothing, am i missunderstanding or ?

mystical
03-26-2013, 02:44 PM
A video I posted before concerning tag clouds.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYPX_ZmhLqg

Tag clouds should be dead in my opinion. I don't even have a tag cloud on my newest website.

bright
03-26-2013, 11:29 PM
But this is not cloud tag i think. Lets take the flash game "Earn to die 2012" in the game there is bus as final vehicle to get you to the end of the game. If you don't remember the name of the game "Earn To die 2012" you can simply write "bus" and if the person who had published the game, has added the word "bus" in the "tags" section when adding the game, the game will pop up. And i think this is very usefull.

Like Electricman - i had forgot the name of the game, and i wrote "stickman" and it appeart because it was in the tag section.. so again i'm asking, why is it not working ?

The One
03-26-2013, 11:37 PM
Because it doesn't search the tags table. It only search the game descriptions and name in the games mysql table.

Andy
03-27-2013, 01:00 AM
Yeah I'm afraid search doesn't search tags at this time. May be something I add in the future :)