PDA

View Full Version : From where to get wallpapers to our AV Scripts Wallpaper Site Script?

ewsg
01-14-2013, 02:03 PM
Hello!

I purchased Wallpaper Site Script a few months ago, but have not started my site yet. My main doubt is from where to get (legally) the wallpapers to insert on the website. Do you have ideas, suggestions? How do you work?

Also, regarding the resolution: how to work correctly? What is the appropriate size to use in order the script automatically resize the wallpapers correctly, without to cut any important part of it?

Thanks in advance for your help. :)

Delta12
01-14-2013, 03:44 PM
Getting Wallpapers from any source should not really be an issue as long as you have something in the form of a Policy on your site that clearly states that you are more than happy to give the Copyright holder credit upon request - given that he can provide valid proof that the wallpaper is his. In worst case senarious the Copyright holder can simply request that you remove his wallpaper from your site. In my case most of my wallpapers are from the manufacturers/brands themselves and many have given me permission to publish their wallpapers. I asked permission not because it was needed but to build good relationships with the guys hence why I already have sponsors that are willing to sponsor prizes if I am to launch wallpaper competitions/contests. You can however buy wallpaper packs online, search and you'll find sites that sells them :)

As for resolutions, personally I would say always upload the higest possible resolution that you can find for a wallpaper and make sure your site do NOT allow to download higher resolutions than what the resolution of the wallpaper actually is otherwise quality goes out the window :)

mystical
01-14-2013, 06:58 PM
Try this....
http://forum.avscripts.net/showthread.php?11101-Free-Wallpaper-tip-of-the-day&highlight=free+wallpaper

Then make your own original wallpapers to add on your site.

ewsg
01-17-2013, 08:35 PM
Thank you all for your tips and help. :)

So, regarding the google search with the "rapidgator" extra, is this "legal", etc?

Delta12
01-17-2013, 08:59 PM

So, regarding the google search with the "rapidgator" extra, is this "legal", etc?

I would say what an individual does with the content downloaded is what "deter-mines" weather it is legal or not. For personal use it is legal otherwise it would not have been there to download in the first place. Using it as your own content on a website without permission or credit is what makes it illegal unless you have made the effort with some sort of policy that states you will be happy to remove on request or give credit to the Copyright holder - Just my opinion :)

mystical
01-17-2013, 10:00 PM

You can find wallpaper packs for sale online but they are the same walllpapers you can find for free and the people selling them have not got a license to sell them in the first place. Just put a copyright disclaimer on your site and if someone wants an image removed then remove it. Any wallpaper website you go to gets the same wallpaper as everyone else. Make your own or pay for wallpapers you can get for free. Here is something cool for you to do. Go to any wallpaper site and click on an image. Put the url in this website http://www.tineye.com/ and see how many other wallpaper websites have the same wallpapers.

TinaTwilight
10-08-2013, 11:03 AM
You have to option to watermark all wallpaper files so that users can see where the wallpaper came from.

mystical
10-08-2013, 02:36 PM
You have to option to watermark all wallpaper files so that users can see where the wallpaper came from.

You do have the option to watermark wallpapers but most people hate wallpapers that have a watermark. Not much sense in watermarking wallpapers considering everyone that owns a wallpaper website has almost the same wallpapers. Unless you design your own wallpapers a watermark is not needed. That is just my opinion though. :)

Oh look a beautiful wallpaper of some fantastic scenery..... Oh damn, a freaking watermark!

Milo124
10-10-2013, 06:43 AM
There was a site that had a ton of wallpapers that I was recommended to take a look whenever I want a new wallpaper.