PDA

View Full Version : AV Arcade 5.7 released

Andy
10-13-2012, 03:46 PM
Update: Forums now also available: http://forum.avscripts.net/showthread.php?11134-Forums-for-AV-Arcade-released

AV Arcade version 5.7 has been released onto the customer area. It brings some nice new features and also lays the foundations for the new forums-add on that will also be released this week.

Changelog

Added support for the AV Arcade Forums add-on
New reports: Can report users and private messages
Notifications: Notifications pop up in the corner of the screen when points are earned, PM's and friend requests are received and more
Points can only be earned every X minutes depending on what the admin sets. Stops user's spamming points and getting them easily
User's points are updated in the user area as they are earned, no page-refresh required
You can now add HTML for a game instead of uploading or linking to a file
Updated meta tags for categories
New template "indigo"

Large number of misc refinements and fixes

Updated the login page-redirect to use cookies
Login redirect works with standard php URL's
Moved maintenance mode message into the templates
Stopped Facebook asking for permission to write on user's walls
Fixed the red template having some text boxes that were white text on a white background
It is no longer possible to delete the original admin account or ban admin users
Added settings navigation
As ever you can find the download on the customer area at http://www.avscripts.net/store/customers

The zip contains details on how to update both the default templates and also custom templates. If you are using my Silk or Alpha template's, they will be updated soon. Update 14th Oct: Silk and Alpha templates have been updated. The 1200 gamepack has also been updated (for new installs).

Thanks, and stay tuned for the forums release soon. Please also help translate this latest version (http://avforums.avscripts.net/forums/translations/the-new-language-definitions).

Peltiboksi
10-13-2012, 04:56 PM
Can I update from Beta?

hemato
10-13-2012, 05:07 PM
thanks . Andy

Andy
10-13-2012, 05:13 PM
Can I update from Beta?

If you were using the beta just upload the files again but don't run the installer. There has been one minor template change, you should upload the current version of /your-template/forums/sections/post.php

Peltiboksi
10-13-2012, 05:19 PM
Indigo template is cool, but little bit too purplish. I will use it but change background. Thanks Andy, great job as always!

Jayw
10-13-2012, 05:50 PM
Do you know roughly how much your going to charge for the forum?

Andy
10-13-2012, 06:17 PM
The forums will be $15 with discounts for multiple licenses like the main script. The main script will see a price increase to $29.

Peltiboksi
10-13-2012, 06:22 PM
The forums will be $15 with discounts for multiple licenses like the main script. The main script will see a price increase to $29.

That's fair Andy, because you do lot of work for AVScripts. :)

CyrusKafaiWu
10-13-2012, 08:47 PM
I am excited to see what is next with Av Arcade.

Giorgi
10-13-2012, 10:39 PM
where is new version demo and new template demo?

michalakism
10-13-2012, 10:47 PM
I upgraded from version 5.6.4. to version 5.7. and as i haven't made any changes to the default templates i also uploaded the entire new templates folder (i uploaded it before i run the install process). I only didn't uploaded:
config.php
games
uploads

Then i followed the install process and everything seemed to be OK.

Unfortunately when i try to "log in" to site after i put my username and password, i receive the message "Error: 404 Page not found Sorry, we couldn't find anything at the url you entered. The page may have been previously existed but is no longer active."
When i press back button in my browser it seems that i am connected.
Can anyone help?

My site is http://www.games-explorer.com/

Sett
10-14-2012, 04:37 AM
Thanks Andy ;)

Jayw
10-14-2012, 07:19 AM
where is new version demo and new template demo?

There is a forum redirecting you to it (beta) and there is also a topic for the beta.

The UNiQue
10-14-2012, 10:55 AM
Thanks Andy :D

And the indigo Theme is Amazing :eek:

Peltiboksi
10-14-2012, 11:58 AM
I HAVE A PROBLEM
IT APPLIES TO INDIGO THEME

1. No embedding, but enabled in settings
2. No submitter ID, but I put mine ID (1)

Peltiboksi
10-14-2012, 12:02 PM
Could next template be like http://armorgames.com/ ?

salvador
10-14-2012, 12:11 PM
you may want to check index.php, line 51. to me it looks like seo_extension is missing in the friends url.
--thomas.

Peltiboksi
10-14-2012, 12:16 PM
you may want to check index.php, line 51. to me it looks like seo_extension is missing in the friends url.
--thomas.

Sorry? Could you explain.

if ($setting['seo_on'] == 0) {
$user['message_url'] = $setting['site_url'].'/index.php?task=messages';
$user['friends_url'] = $setting['site_url'].'/index.php?task=friends';
}
else {
$user['message_url'] = $setting['site_url'].'/messages'.$setting['seo_extension'];
$user['friends_url'] = $setting['site_url'].'/friends';
}

salvador
10-14-2012, 12:16 PM
And the indigo Theme is Amazing :eek:
could you sent me an example url of a site using it? would like to take a look.

@andy: any chance to add a screenshot of the templates? maybe like wordpress does, they add a screenshot.png to the template dir. this could also be shown during template selection.

--thomas.

Peltiboksi
10-14-2012, 12:18 PM
could you sent me an example url of a site using it? would like to take a look.

http://peli.viuhka.fi

Here you go! Unmodified except the footer text

salvador
10-14-2012, 12:23 PM
http://peli.viuhka.fi

thanks peltiboksi!
--thomas.

salvador
10-14-2012, 12:38 PM
Sorry? Could you explain.

hi,

if friends is a page i think it should read

$user['friends_url'] = $setting['site_url'].'/friends'.$setting['seo_extension'];

to have the chosen seo extension

--thomas.

michalakism
10-14-2012, 02:14 PM
I upgraded from version 5.6.4. to version 5.7. and as i haven't made any changes to the default templates i also uploaded the entire new templates folder (i uploaded it before i run the install process). I only didn't uploaded:
config.php
games
uploads

Then i followed the install process and everything seemed to be OK.

Unfortunately when i try to "log in" to site after i put my username and password, i receive the message "Error: 404 Page not found Sorry, we couldn't find anything at the url you entered. The page may have been previously existed but is no longer active."
When i press back button in my browser it seems that i am connected.
Can anyone help?

My site is http://www.games-explorer.com/

After further investigation i am not sure if i uploaded the following files of v. 5.7 before i run the installation:
._crossdomain.xml
._favicon.ico
.htaccess
The above files were included in the zip file (with v. 5.7 files) that i uploaded on the server, but when i extracted them on server i didn't asked to replace the old ones. For sure by mistake i didn't move the old files (the above three files) to my backup folder as per Andy's instructions.
Andy can you pls help?

danielb
10-14-2012, 03:59 PM
hello

you can do something about tags pages duplicate meta ? and when you have more games in a gategory you have pages with duplicate meta

this is bad, bad, bad for seo :)

salvador
10-14-2012, 04:09 PM
@danielb:

while i do think, that meta tags are next to irrelevant i know that webmaster tools reports duplicates in titles and tags, as well as long and short ones if i remember right.
you could open /includes/meta_data.php and edit it to your liking, e.g. add the name of the game to keywords or whatever.

if you want to hide the underlying script it is important to drop the generator entry (and rename javascripts).

--thomas.

danielb
10-14-2012, 04:17 PM
@salvador is not working like that, if you make changes in meta data.php it will be the same thing... it mast to make some tables in slq and ad some forms in admin or to ad some code to generate automaticaly meta from content

Andy
10-14-2012, 05:28 PM
After further investigation i am not sure if i uploaded the following files of v. 5.7 before i run the installation:
._crossdomain.xml
._favicon.ico
.htaccess
The above files were included in the zip file (with v. 5.7 files) that i uploaded on the server, but when i extracted them on server i didn't asked to replace the old ones. For sure by mistake i didn't move the old files (the above three files) to my backup folder as per Andy's instructions.
Andy can you pls help?

The first two aren't needed and are redundant system files that have ended up in the zip. The 3rd one should be uploaded.

salvador
10-14-2012, 05:30 PM
@danielb:

well no, it will not be the same thing.

replace line 28 from

<meta name="keywords" content="'.$game_keywords.'" />

to

<meta name="keywords" content="'.$game['name'].', '.$game_keywords.'" />

and game pages keyword meta will be unique as there should be no duplicate game names.

for the category edit line 45 from

<meta name="keywords" content="'.$cat_info['keywords'].'" />';

to include page number and sorting option or something like this.

the same can be done for the other pages.

if you want to really edit the tags manually, why not use the edit page? there should be game tags on it,
edit game and edit category have support for tags/keywords.
i think it does not make sense to manually make it unique for multipage. i would go with adding it to meta_data.

but as said, untested, i use a far older version of the script.

also, i do not believe in meta tags to be effective any longer.

but this makes an interesting topic. what do the others think? is it worth to invest into metas?

--thomas.

Jayw
10-14-2012, 05:44 PM
danielb, you should link your license pal if you have a legit script :)

Andy
10-14-2012, 05:44 PM
If anyone wants to chip in with ways or code to improve the meta data for the includes/meta_data.php file please feel free too. Whatever's agreed as the best approach can be pushed into the release version.

Andy
10-14-2012, 06:41 PM
The silk and alpha templates have been updated.

michalakism
10-14-2012, 07:11 PM
The first two aren't needed and are redundant system files that have ended up in the zip. The 3rd one should be uploaded.

Andy, can i repeat the installation process (i intend to follow again instructions B. UPGRADING FROM VERSION 5.5/5.6)?
1) I will keep the following files:
config.php
games
uploads
2) I will upload all the other files of version 5.7
3) I will repeat the installation process

Andy
10-14-2012, 07:13 PM
Your problem may be fixed by removing line 6 of templates/red/pages/header.php:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="<?php echo $setting['site_url'];?>/templates/red/new.css" />

Remove that line as it is not needed.

WhyMe
10-14-2012, 07:16 PM
Andy, can i repeat the installation process (i intend to follow again instructions B. UPGRADING FROM VERSION 5.5/5.6)?
1) I will keep the following files:
config.php
games
uploads
2) I will upload all the other files of version 5.7
3) I will repeat the installation process

It may give you errors when you try to overwrite with the same installation. I tried it and I got errors like, duplicate tables and such. I went in and dropped all tables then reupped the .sql file I had saved prier to updating and then redid the install that way.

michalakism
10-14-2012, 07:29 PM
Your problem may be fixed by removing line 6 of templates/red/pages/header.php:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="<?php echo $setting['site_url'];?>/templates/red/new.css" />

Remove that line as it is not needed.

Your great Andy :-) I am Ok now.

Also thanks WhyMe for your information.

EricL
10-14-2012, 09:28 PM
I just finished reinstalling my forum and updating all of my mods. This took a while, but it was well worth it. Thanks again, Andy!

flameblue59
10-15-2012, 06:28 AM
i'm not understand to install it, i was upload the file

config.php
templates
games
uploads
forums ( to my current themes directory )
icons ( to my current themes directory )

and updated the template by following the instruction, but it's still not working, any solution for me?.

Andy
10-15-2012, 11:56 AM
Those first 4 are the files you should not upload. Upload all the other files apart from them. If that's what you did already, what problem are you having? Please post in the support section.

ahtozz
10-15-2012, 12:54 PM
"Points can only be earned every X minutes depending on what the admin sets. Stops user's spamming points and getting them easily"

Where to change this?

Bad Wolf
10-15-2012, 01:00 PM
"Points can only be earned every X minutes depending on what the admin sets. Stops user's spamming points and getting them easily"

Where to change this?

I am not currently running the newest version, but if Andy has added this parameter to be set by admin then you will probably find the setting for it under the "settings" tab in your admin area.

ahtozz
10-15-2012, 01:01 PM
Yes...I thought the same...maybe I'm blind :) but can't see it

Andy
10-15-2012, 01:02 PM
Yeah I went and forgot to add the setting in the admin panel, I'll make sure to update it.

ahtozz
10-15-2012, 01:05 PM
OK, np Andy!
But the other thing - after receiving points the points won't update without refreshing...it shows NaN

Andy
10-15-2012, 01:06 PM
Apply these fixes: http://forum.avscripts.net/showthread.php?11125-5-7-bugfixes

ahtozz
10-15-2012, 01:16 PM
Apply these fixes: http://forum.avscripts.net/showthrea...5-5-7-bugfixes
OK, thanks!

Luckylutz
10-15-2012, 02:30 PM
Where i can find this update?
http://www.avscripts.net/store/customers i cant find this update.

Thanks for your help.

Andy
10-15-2012, 02:56 PM
What do you see when you log in? Nothing at all? Just previous versions?

Luckylutz
10-15-2012, 03:02 PM
nothing at all...

No versions.

Luckylutz
10-15-2012, 03:59 PM
I've found it. sorry my mistake... :) thanks anyway

luisialex
10-15-2012, 05:29 PM
I have a question, all previously AvArcade V.5 templates are compatible with this new version?

Andy
10-15-2012, 05:39 PM
They will need minor updates for core AV Arcade functionality and larger updated if you want them to support the forums add-on. There's a guide included.

Luckylutz
10-15-2012, 06:38 PM
Thanks for this great update and for the forum plugin... realy great...

One Question i have...
When I search for a Game, I will just 2 Results displayed per Page.

how and where can I customize this.

when i logged in admin area i can't show the users tabelle. it always loads.

Andy
10-15-2012, 06:51 PM
For the search, open includes/misc/search.php and remove this from line 2:

$template['games_per_page'] = 2;

For the user's section issue, try clearing your cache to see if that helps.

Luckylutz
10-15-2012, 06:59 PM
thank you...
Search issue fixed. :)

cache clearing helps...

vlmsud
10-18-2012, 12:02 AM
Bro i have erros on my script after update

i have problem to install mochi games from mochi catalog

this is my error on update feed

Warning: file_get_contents() [function.file-get-contents]: Couldn't resolve host name in /home/cliquech/public_html/admin/feeds/mochi/download_mochi_feed.php on line 14

Warning: file_get_contents(http://catalog.mochimedia.com/feeds/query/?format=json&limit=1000) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: operation failed in /home/cliquech/public_html/admin/feeds/mochi/download_mochi_feed.php on line 14
Downloading feed via file_get_contents...

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/cliquech/public_html/admin/feeds/mochi/download_mochi_feed.php on line 22
0 games added to database

and i have this too

on reports

Warning: include(../avforums/forum_core.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/cliquech/public_html/admin/pages/manage_reports.php on line 2

Warning: include(../avforums/forum_core.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/cliquech/public_html/admin/pages/manage_reports.php on line 2

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '../avforums/forum_core.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/cliquech/public_html/admin/pages/manage_reports.php on line 2